Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"New" RA qualifiying limits as of June 1st, 2009

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2011, 4:10 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by mnredfox
When you requal for RA, when do your stays start counting for the NEW year? I've posted this before but never got a straight answer:

Amb year runs Jun 1 - May 31
Requal occurred March 5th or so

Does that mean any stays from March 5- May 31st don't count? Or is the 12 month query from March 6th 2011 to March 5th 2012?
Your qualifying period for next year will be March 1, 2011 to February 29, 2012.

mxm135
Old Jun 7, 2011, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MXM135
Your qualifying period for next year will be March 1, 2011 to February 29, 2012.

mxm135
Thanks, looks like I better start going. Only have like 2-3 stays so far as I'm busy requalifying for Hilton Diamond...
Old Jun 13, 2011, 4:07 pm
alc

My RA is going to exp on Aug and look like I will not be able to renewal my RA status this year. Since people had indicate that got the renewal line on June 4. There is nothing on my account. This happened even I did have over 100 paid nights and 3 IC locations. But maybe it is because I only have 7 paid nights in an IC hotels. I did have a lot of IC hotels that were on points. Too bad, no more free mini-bar during vacation -- when it is coming from my pockets

Does anyone know if it still show a line like "Ambassador Renewal" when my RA expire in Aug when I turn into just Platform Ambassador?

Thanks.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 4:15 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
I'd call, based on your numbers you satisfy the criteria
Old Jun 13, 2011, 4:41 pm
alc

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
I'd call, based on your numbers you satisfy the criteria
I did, and I got the usual BS answers -- from 60-70 nights at IC hotels only to the notification are sent by email and not a note on the account.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by alc
This happened even I did have over 100 paid nights and 3 IC locations
Thanks.
You satisfied the criteria, ask for a supervisor
Old Jun 13, 2011, 4:50 pm
JBa

Programs: some
You satisfied the criteria, ask for a supervisor
Just remember, RA is by invitation only. So IHG still decides who is invited and who is not.
The criteria you are talking about is for renewal.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 4:58 pm

agreed it is at IHG's discretion , my understanding is that criteria is the same for acceptance and renewal.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 5:24 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
agreed it is at IHG's discretion , my understanding is that criteria is the same for acceptance and renewal.
And what 'criteria' are you basing this on? I have never seen anything in writing on how one gets 'invited'. I suspect that the very low number of IC nights plays into the equation.

Yes a call helps, but, there is no entitlement to RA status based on nights. Anecdotally, yes, 50-60 nights works out to be where an invitation may be rendered, but as I mentioned, the low number of IC nights may be the factor.

mxm135
Old Jun 13, 2011, 8:23 pm
alc

I suspect that the very low number of IC nights plays into the equation.
For comparison - in 2009/2010, I have 10 nights at 5 diff IC that I re-qualified for RA, while this time at 2010/2011, I only have 7 nights at 3 diff IC. I shift a few of our IC stay to the low-end HIX and HI to get other “different” properties for the CTC. I could have a few IC nights in the next month or two, maybe I will email / call Amb desk when I hit 10 nights again. But they could change/add this "min" IC nights for this year too.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by JBa
Just remember, RA is by invitation only. So IHG still decides who is invited and who is not.
The criteria you are talking about is for renewal.
"My RA is going to exp on Aug and look like I will not be able to renewal my RA status this year. Since people had indicate that got the renewal line on June 4. There is nothing on my account. This happened even I did have over 100 paid nights and 3 IC locations. But maybe it is because I only have 7 paid nights in an IC hotels. I did have a lot of IC hotels that were on points. Too bad, no more free mini-bar during vacation -- when it is coming from my pockets

Does anyone know if it still show a line like "Ambassador Renewal" when my RA expire in Aug when I turn into just Platform Ambassador?"

JBa, it is for renewal and the criteria is satisfied 100 IHG nights, three IC's.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by MXM135
And what 'criteria' are you basing this on? I have never seen anything in writing on how one gets 'invited'. I suspect that the very low number of IC nights plays into the equation.

Yes a call helps, but, there is no entitlement to RA status based on nights. Anecdotally, yes, 50-60 nights works out to be where an invitation may be rendered, but as I mentioned, the low number of IC nights may be the factor.

mxm135
mxm135, it's a renewal, standard criteria is three different IC's and 55-60 nights, he has 100.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 6:17 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Since the criteria for (re) qualifying for Royal Ambassador changed once again in Summer 2011, we moved the recent posts into a new thread, which could be found here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ly-2011-a.html

To avoid confusion, I will close this thread.

Thank you

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.