Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

WOW use of my free nights--Spectacular City Hotels or Resorts [merged]

Old May 15, 2009, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold

Will earn four free nights from the current stay two nights promotion, and am looking for off-the-chart spectacular resorts and/or city hotels.

I tend to think that ICs may give a much better bang-for-the-buck, but am open to a Crown Plaza, Staybridge or Candlewood Suites. Hey---even a spectacular Hotel Indigo or Holiday Inn could do the trick.

Think US, or ex-US (love the Caribbean). And am always in search of the exotic....
Old May 15, 2009, 10:53 pm

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Originally Posted by travelexpert
Will earn four free nights from the current stay two nights promotion, and am looking for off-the-chart spectacular resorts and/or city hotels.

I tend to think that ICs may give a much better bang-for-the-buck, but am open to a Crown Plaza, Staybridge or Candlewood Suites. Hey---even a spectacular Hotel Indigo or Holiday Inn could do the trick.

Think US, or ex-US (love the Caribbean). And am always in search of the exotic....
I guess you ae posting in the wrong forum. This forum is only for report stays.
Old May 16, 2009, 5:17 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by GordonGordon
I guess you ae posting in the wrong forum. This forum is only for report stays.
Correct, and therefore I have moved this to the right (main) forum.

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG forum
Old May 16, 2009, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Premier, Onepass Platinum, Intercontinental Platinum, Marriott Silver
CP South Beach looks nice in a VERY good location in South beach. Normally goes for about 250-350 per night.
Old May 16, 2009, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by GordonGordon
This forum is only for report stays.
As a Marriott and Hilton regular, this is a new phenomenon for me.

Can someone please explain why IC has two forums--perhaps some of the other brand forums could replicate the process?

And thanks for the ideas about great IC properties....
Old May 16, 2009, 10:35 pm

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD

Can someone please explain why IC has two forums--perhaps some of the other brand forums could replicate the process?

I'd suggest you read the sticky headed "PLEASE READ FIRST" which will help with an explanation of how things work.
Old May 16, 2009, 10:40 pm

So you're looking for either resort or city hotels that are either in the US or outside the US? That's doesn't narrow it down much. It sounds like you're just looking for the nicest PC hotel in the world. If that's the case, there are plenty of threads on that topic that can hopefully guide you in the right direction.

As for the US, I believe that many (myself included) consider the Willard in DC to be the top domestic PC hotel. Great hotel in a great location. As for international locations, my top IC is the Amstel in Amsterdam. It's a bit of a hike from the city center, but Amsterdam is a fantastic walking city. Plus, the hotel's riverside location is quite nice.
Old May 17, 2009, 12:34 am

There's an exotic, off-the-chart Staybridge Suites in...........ummm........ummmmmmm................. it's on the tip of my tounge but I can't quite remember right at this moment. I'll post back if I think of it...............................on the other hand, the hotel I'm thinking of very well may have been a Candlewood Suites??? I definitely remember it was one of those..........................................:co ol:
Old May 17, 2009, 12:56 am

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
For US City Hotels I'd also go for Willard. You can feel the history in it and it rates highly in terms of style and service. However, we need to see if it, and what others, make the list of reward bookings hotels and what availability they have.
Old May 17, 2009, 3:46 am
formerly jasperjugan

Programs: DL SkyMiles Gold Medallion, Marriott Rewards Gold Elite, A|Club Gold, PR Mabuhay Miles Base Member
Originally Posted by turtlemichael
For US City Hotels I'd also go for Willard. You can feel the history in it and it rates highly in terms of style and service. However, we need to see if it, and what others, make the list of reward bookings hotels and what availability they have.
i wonder why the list is not available? it's like joining a raffle not knowing what the prizes at stake are...
Old May 17, 2009, 4:13 am

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM

Do you Live an InterContinental Life?

We do!
Old May 17, 2009, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
There's an exotic, off-the-chart Staybridge Suites in...........ummm........ummmmmmm................. it's on the tip of my tounge but I can't quite remember right at this moment. I'll post back if I think of it...............................on the other hand, the hotel I'm thinking of very well may have been a Candlewood Suites??? I definitely remember it was one of those..........................................:co ol:
I believe the Candlewood you're thinking of is just outside Detroit.
Old May 18, 2009, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Hope it's Boston--need to be there for a week in June?
Old May 19, 2009, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Plat, PC Plat RA, HHonors Gold, National EE
Perhaps Candlewood Suites Bora Bora? Their snack pantry is outrageously overpriced, though.
Old May 27, 2009, 12:40 am
Original Poster

Can we get serious?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.