New 60k/70k PC pt offer for PC Visa Credit Card signup

Old Apr 30, 2009, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

New 60k/70k PC pt offer for PC Visa Credit Card signup

Got this new offer via e-mail today. The highest I'd ever seen in the past is 30k PC pts upon signup, so this is certainly much richer. Here's the breakdown:

- 45k pts upon first purchase
- 15k more after spending $3k
- 10k more after spending $15k
- 3 pts per $ spent on ICH purchases
- 1 pt per $ spent on everything else
- $59 annual fee (first year fee NOT waived)

Looks like it would be worth getting and spending $3k on and then throwing in the sockdrawer. Kind of shocking that just signing up for this CC and spending $3k on it will get you top-tier elite status. Talk about watered down status.

As far as the differences from the previous 30k signup bonus PC Visa, I believe the 30k Visa had the annual fee waived for the first year AND you got a $20 statement credit after your first purchase. So basically you are paying $59+20 = $79 for 15k more pts, and the option for an additional 15k bonus pts for $3k spending. Pretty good deal IMHO. I may just sign up for it. ^

Here's the signup link:
http://email.ichotelsgroup.com/cgi-b...Ym0Zmu0KHXY0EB

And here are the T&Cs:
Terms and Conditions:

1: You will first be considered for a Visa Signature card. If you do not qualify for that product, you will automatically be considered for a Visa Platinum card, which has different fees, benefits, and credit availability. For pricing details, please see Pricing & Terms. For benefits details, please read your credit card benefits materials which will be mailed after your account is established.

2: Receive 45,000 bonus points, which can be used for three (3) free nights at many of the more than 3,000 Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express hotels worldwide. You will qualify and receive your bonus after your first purchase/first use of the card. First purchase/first use includes purchases, balance transfers, or any checks that are used to access your account, and excludes cash advances. After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus points to post to your account. This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time cardmembers with new accounts. Existing cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer. Points required for some locations may be higher. See priorityclub.com for details.

3: Receive 15,000 bonus points, which can be used for a free night at many of the more than 3,000 Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express hotels worldwide. You will qualify and receive your bonus after you make qualifying transactions totaling $3,000 or more. Qualifying transactions include purchases, balance transfers, and any checks that are used to access your account, and exclude cash advances. After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus points to post to your account. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time cardmembers with new accounts. Existing cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer.

4: You will earn 3 points for each $1 of InterContinental Hotels Group Net Purchases and 1 point for each $1 of all other net purchases. ("InterContinental Hotels Group Net Purchases" means purchases at any InterContinental Hotels Group owned, managed or franchised hotels, including InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, and Candlewood Suites.) You do not earn points on balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that are used to access your account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including fees for products that protect or insure the balances of your account. As a one-time bonus Annually, once you reach $15,000 or more in net purchases, and you make one additional purchase within that year, you will receive 10,000 bonus points. ("Annually" means the year beginning with your enrollment date through the first statement after the anniversary of your enrollment date, and each twelve months thereafter.) There is no maximum number of points that you can accumulate in the program. See Rewards Program Rules and Regulations which will be mailed after your account is established.

5: Certain restrictions, limitations, and exclusions apply. Once your account is opened, please see your Guide to Benefits for details.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 10:01 pm

Programs: IC PLat Elite
ya i got it to..soo tempted lol.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 11:46 pm

US and Canada only?

Wish thay could branch out in some other countries :-)
Old May 1, 2009, 5:39 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
45k pts upon first purchase is unheard of. Tempting. The last time I had the card the signup bonus was 25k points.
Old May 1, 2009, 5:49 am

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by Me2Earth
US and Canada only?

Wish thay could branch out in some other countries :-)
Must be a resident of the US!

mxm135
Old May 2, 2009, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by sobore
45k pts upon first purchase is unheard of. Tempting. The last time I had the card the signup bonus was 25k points.

Not really. Depends how you value various points and miles.
Old May 2, 2009, 7:46 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Too bad Chase is not like Citibank
Old May 2, 2009, 8:00 am

I cancelled my PC Visa about a year ago. Does Chase permit you to apply again to receieve the bonus points?
Old May 2, 2009, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by gpapadop
Too bad Chase is not like Citibank
I think people say this because of the United Visa. However I've churned the Chase Southwest Visa. Probably others work too.
Old May 2, 2009, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Of course, if one is willing to churn and charge $3K, one can end up with 103,000 AA AAdvantage miles, without paying any credit card annual fee. For payment of a $25 fee to AA, you can convert 100,000 AAdvantage miles to 200,000 Hilton HHonors points.
Old May 2, 2009, 1:45 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Higher Renewal Fee

As others have pointed out, it certainly makes sense to get the card, pay the $59 renewal fee and collect the points (and canceling before the second-year renewal fee comes around if one does not want to keep it).

Interestingly, I just paid the renewal fee on my existing PC VISA card, but it is only $29 annually. I can't really see the advantage of the current PC card except for the big sign-up bonus.

My wife can sign up for this card, but it would dilute the spending she does on my PC card, which goes a long way towards Plat statu.
Old May 2, 2009, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
I have had this card before, and rcvd 25 or 30K points.

Any reason to think one might receive the difference
between this offer and one received before?
In that way AMEX has worked well for me recently.

I am guessing one will just get zero bonus here.
Maybe I'll try again anyway.....
Old May 2, 2009, 3:21 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by gregorygrady

Looks like it would be worth getting and spending $3k on and then throwing in the sockdrawer. Kind of shocking that just signing up for this CC and spending $3k on it will get you top-tier elite status.
I am not seeing/understanding the part about elite status with this card. Can you guide me to it? Thanks.
Old May 2, 2009, 3:26 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond
Plat status can be attained by earning 60K points in a calendar year. So if one gets the card (45K points) plus charges $3K (15K points), that is enough to get someone Plat status.
Old May 2, 2009, 3:27 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler
I am not seeing/understanding the part about elite status with this card. Can you guide me to it? Thanks.
- 45k pts upon first purchase
- 15k more after spending $3k

= 60K which gets you Platinum status

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.