Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

Old Apr 13, 2009, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Abdulmalik100
Alambasdor
In particular an Alambasdor, the Saudi version of our very much beloved tier.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 11:37 am

Programs: SK*G, IC RA
Originally Posted by paulmoscow
IIRC, Shareholder has mentioned in another thread that it's 60 nights now according to his ICHG source.
The focus on nights is IMHO a bit strange - it should be about revenue. People staying almost exclusively at ICs should not need as many nights as people staing in the less expensive places.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL GM and so on
Originally Posted by dk_commuter
People staying almost exclusively at ICs should not need as many nights as people staing in the less expensive places.
I was just downgraded with 38 of 56 total nights at 8 different ICs.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 12:45 pm

As another recent downgrade (expiring end of May), I thought I'd try an email to the Ambassador desk to see how strict the criteria are (I have over 200 IHG nights in the last three years, including five different ICs in different countries last year, but hardly any stays since December because of a hospital stay and doctor's orders not to fly until June following my op, plus travel cutbacks at work).

The response was "no", with this info:

We would like to inform you that the Royal Ambassador status is systematically awarded to the top one percent tier of our most frequent guests, based on hotel nights. There are no specific number of nights that determine how a member may maintain Royal Ambassador status, as it depends entirely on the total number of nights acquired by the top one percent tier of Ambassador guests.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 1:06 pm

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
I've just been on the phone to Ambassador speaking with two different agents

I've got 63 IC nights (2 properties) as part of my 95 nights IHG nights for the last 12 months.

I was told by agent 1 that the criteria are 80 IC nights at at least 5 ICs.
Agent 2 (half an hour later) said it's 65-70 IC nights at 4-5 ICs.

I did think I was going to be able to scrape in with 1 more stay. However, it's looking like probably not.

Does anyone have any more details on the latest requirements? It all seems a bit hit and miss...

(apologies - I've just found a better place to put this, but I can't find a way of deleting this, so I've left this here)
Old Apr 13, 2009, 1:09 pm

Hi all

Please excuse the "almost newbie" question, but I'm struggling to understand the latest requirements for RA.

I've just been on the phone to Ambassador speaking with two different agents to try to get a decent feel for what I really need to do to achieve RA status.

I've got 63 IC nights (2 properties) as part of my total of 95 nights IHG nights for the last 12 months.

I did think I was going to be able to scrape in with 1 more stay. However, it's looking like probably not.

Does anyone have any more details on the latest requirements? I've sadly got no work travel in the near future, so all top-ups will have to be done out of my own pocket. I therefore would like want to ensure it's actually worth trying before I do!!!

Thanks all - and again I apologise for the newbie question. I've looked far and wide to try to find the answer, but can't find anything definitive

Cheers
Old Apr 13, 2009, 1:39 pm

Programs: IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, HHonors Gold, Air Berlin Topbonus Gold, Miles & More FT, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by markdg

I've got 63 IC nights (2 properties) as part of my total of 95 nights IHG nights for the last 12 months.

I really hope both agents either are fooling you or don´t know what they are saying as so far I always achieved my RA status with approx. 60 - 65 ICHG nights ( including 30 - 40 IC nights at least at 5 different ICs).
After this "new" criteria you´ve been told, I would strugge in obtaining RA status this year :-(.

Lokking at the old supposed criteria you would be just short one stay at another IC to achieve RA.

Good luck !
Old Apr 13, 2009, 2:03 pm

First of all, thanks a lot Raffles - superb

Can I suggest maybe advertising the importance of the "official" T&Cs a bit more strongly please, as I've found a lot of the PC T&Cs (including in my 09 Platinum renew pack) referred to Plats getting "best available room"..... "which is Club Level for CPs" etc etc etc

Agreeing with uk1, that there seems to be a general tide of being misleading advertising within PC; I have been in contact with PC for ages about this, and each time, I get referred to the "master T&Cs", which are obviously less generous than the others that are still hanging around - so it may be useful to include that "up the top".

Also, in reply to some of the other posts about RA status, if anything it seems to be getting harder. I've got 63 IC nights in 2 properties as part of my 90+ nights in IHG properties in the last year. I'm currently being told anything from 65-70 nights in 4-5 IC properties, to 8 nights in 5 IC properties to qualify. Eek! Seems I'm just too short, even though I'm tantilisingly close...

Last edited by markdg; Apr 13, 2009 at 2:05 pm Reason: realised the T&C link was staring me in the face, but the point about it being a very important link still stands
Old Apr 13, 2009, 2:06 pm

Hi Lemieux66

Thanks a lot for the reply.

I guess the concerning bit is the number of ICs I supposedly need to stay in.

Originally Posted by lemieux66
.....including 30 - 40 IC nights at least at 5 different ICs....
Did you mean you've always stayed in that number of diffierent properties in a year, or was that an example for when you'd stayed for a lower number of nights?

It's all a bit confusing and frustrating. I've told Amb I'll spend money with them if it means I'll get RA, but specific information is ellusive. Darn
Old Apr 13, 2009, 2:30 pm

I've got 63 IC nights (2 properties) as part of my 95 nights IHG nights for the last 12 months.

Does anyone have any more details on the latest requirements? It all seems a bit hit and miss...

(apologies - I've just found a better place to put this, but I can't find a way of deleting this, so I've left this here)
Eeeeek! Hopefully you got the same agent that I did who said the bit about 80 nights.

I'd much rather have agents stick to saying they're not allowed to disclose the RA qualification requirements than make things up. If it's really 80 nights then I'm sure folks on FT will figure that out. But for an agent to tell customers that it's 80 nights seems counterproductive, especially if it's not true. My RA status expires at the end of May 2009 and apparently I'm sitting on 58 nights and 6 ICs. I will get to 60 nights but if that doesn't get me RA then I'm not shooting for 80 nights. So instead of me staying at PC hotels through May and maybe getting to 70 nights, I will likely end up not staying 1 more night with them since I need to focus on Hyatt and SPG.

We all know IC wants the RA qualifications to remain a secret. It needs to tell all of its agents not to say anything regarding the requirements since most of what the agents say is speculation and incorrect.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 3:05 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
I have done an average of 70 nights per year for two years, was promoted to RA in Feb when I stayed at my third ever IC, has my status renewed two weeks ago, I have only ever stayed at three IC's on the one continent.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by markis10
I have done an average of 70 nights per year for two years, was promoted to RA in Feb when I stayed at my third ever IC, has my status renewed two weeks ago, I have only ever stayed at three IC's on the one continent.
How many nights were you at for the prior 12 months when renewed?
Old Apr 13, 2009, 6:40 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by johnep1
How many nights were you at for the prior 12 months when renewed?
Its been a rolling average of 70 nights, 11 per month for some time.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 10:16 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold

I would say the General Managers of the 2 properties you stay are very happy with your visits, Meet him or her and ask if he can help sorting this for you. Most properties have a manager responsible for the loyalty program and know how to make things happen.

If you have not already done so, meet the GM for a coffee, I generally do so in all properties where I come regularly as an RA and they are happy to spend some casual time, listen to feedback and help where possible.

Don't work the system, have someone else for it for you

Globalist
Old Apr 13, 2009, 11:11 pm

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC

I'd ignore what the agents said. I'd just do a stay at a 3rd IC and drop Ambassador Services an email asking them to review the account for RA.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.