Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

The NEW Priority Club, Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Master Thread

Old May 6, 2014, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I'm trying to decide if I should buy Ambassador membership. I've read multiple FT threads and blogs about it, but I'm still not sure if it's right for ME. I'm a Platinum from the Chase IHG card.

I have 1 free night that expires in October and see 2 opportunities to use it. I have a 2 weekend night stay coming at the IC Clement Monterey in June, and then 1 night at IC Nairobi in July. Here are my 2 options:

1. Buy the Ambassador membership for $200 and use the BOGO at the IC Monterey. The Ambassador rate is $329 for the first night, and the second night is free. I then use the Chase free night in Nairobi ($175 if paid in cash). Total cost is about $529.

2. Skip Ambassador and use the Chase free night in Monterey, and pay $329 for the second night (this is the lowest rate). I then pay cash at the IC Nairobi ($175). Total cost $504.

So the Ambassador ends up costing $25 more. It's not a huge amount, but I'm still not sure I'll get $25 worth of benefits. The room upgrade in Monterey would be nice, but not a deal-maker. I know the guaranteed room upgrade only applies to paid rooms, but do the other benefits also apply to reward stays? I'm referring to the free movie, water refill, in-room gift, fruit and late check-out. I have a 4-night reward stay at the IC Times Square for New Year's Eve... will I get all all these benefits (minus upgrade) as an Ambassador?

And BTW, is the late check-out guaranteed? Platinum status gives late check-out too, but it's not guaranteed.
In your welcome pack you will also have a 5000 points cert.not sure if you have already factored that into your $25 cost.
Old May 6, 2014, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by rapidex
In your welcome pack you will also have a 5000 points cert.not sure if you have already factored that into your $25 cost.
I actually forgot about that, but yeah, I signed up for AMB last night. However, I think my application is still pending. When I go to the AMB website, it doesn't let me do the weekend BOGOF. When I try through a link someone provided and select AMB rate from the pull-down menu, the price listed still is for 2 nights. Is this typical? Is there some sort of notification that the 2nd night is covered by the AMB cert?

I contacted IHG chat, and they said that I can't use the free weekend night until the materials are physically shipped, 6-8 weeks. I mentioned that the FAQ states that AMB benefits can be enjoyed right away, and the chat rep said that this only applies to the other benefits. This doesn't sound correct.

Last edited by DaveInLA; May 6, 2014 at 10:11 am
Old May 6, 2014, 10:24 am

BTW, how long does it really take for AMB package to arrive in the mail? IHG says 6-8 weeks, is that accurate?
Old May 6, 2014, 10:45 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
BTW, how long does it really take for AMB package to arrive in the mail? IHG says 6-8 weeks, is that accurate?
Signed up for AMB online in first week of March 2014. I am based in SIN and received my package somewhere towards mid April 2014. Generally, it takes around 6 weeks for it to arrive.
Old May 6, 2014, 10:49 am

Programs: # Neodymium #
I'm in the UK, and it's usually closer to 12 weeks!
Old May 6, 2014, 1:38 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Quote:

Originally Posted by rapidex

I actually forgot about that, but yeah, I signed up for AMB last night. However, I think my application is still pending. When I go to the AMB website, it doesn't let me do the weekend BOGOF. When I try through a link someone provided and select AMB rate from the pull-down menu, the price listed still is for 2 nights. Is this typical? Is there some sort of notification that the 2nd night is covered by the AMB cert?

I contacted IHG chat, and they said that I can't use the free weekend night until the materials are physically shipped, 6-8 weeks. I mentioned that the FAQ states that AMB benefits can be enjoyed right away, and the chat rep said that this only applies to the other benefits. This doesn't sound correct.
I was recently on the fence just like yourself. After staying a night at Intercontinental Barclays (Upgraded to junior suite) and Intercontinental Cleveland (so so room but given $40 credit to the restaurant = 2 buffet breakfasts) I found that it was a great investment. I have a stay coming up at IC Times Square- I am very excited!

Don't forget your 1 free movie. I cannot believe the prices for the hotel movies. At IC Cleveland I "paid" $17.99+ tax to watch the Grand Budapest Hotel. Never would I ever do that on my own dime!
Old May 6, 2014, 2:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
I actually forgot about that, but yeah, I signed up for AMB last night. However, I think my application is still pending. When I go to the AMB website, it doesn't let me do the weekend BOGOF. When I try through a link someone provided and select AMB rate from the pull-down menu, the price listed still is for 2 nights. Is this typical?
Yes. They will remove the second nights rate when you check out. Just make sure you give them the certificate when you check-in.
Old May 6, 2014, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008

I was recently on the fence just like yourself. After staying a night at Intercontinental Barclays (Upgraded to junior suite) and Intercontinental Cleveland (so so room but given $40 credit to the restaurant = 2 buffet breakfasts) I found that it was a great investment. I have a stay coming up at IC Times Square- I am very excited!

Don't forget your 1 free movie. I cannot believe the prices for the hotel movies. At IC Cleveland I "paid" $17.99+ tax to watch the Grand Budapest Hotel. Never would I ever do that on my own dime!
Were any of those rewards stays?
Old May 6, 2014, 11:15 pm

It's been over 24 hours since I signed up. I understand my IHG log in is supposed to indicate that I'm an Ambassador, but mine doesn't. Should I just give it more time? Or should it have happened already?
Old May 7, 2014, 8:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Last time I renewed my Ambassador it took a few days iirc. But hey, if you have the time, give them a call and I'm sure they'll sort it out for you.
Old May 7, 2014, 11:15 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008

Were any of those rewards stays?
Yes. IC Cleveland was from the PB list. Surprised to get the $40, free movie and 4pm check out! But completely ok with it
Old May 8, 2014, 12:48 am

A couple questions.

1. I have a stay booked with AMB rate in 5 weeks. If my certificate is not come by then, do I have to pay for both days?

2. I booked a 2-night stay under AMB rate. When I look at my upcoming reservation, it says that I will earn 0 points for this stay. Do I not earn any points for the paid night?
Old May 8, 2014, 3:58 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
A couple questions.

1. I have a stay booked with AMB rate in 5 weeks. If my certificate is not come by then, do I have to pay for both days?

2. I booked a 2-night stay under AMB rate. When I look at my upcoming reservation, it says that I will earn 0 points for this stay. Do I not earn any points for the paid night?

1. If no BOGO Cert at checkin, you will be charged in full for the two nights.

2. Standard text of BOGO nights. You will earn outside of USA/Americas the fixed 2k+bonuses whether a one or two night stay.
In USA/Americas you should get 10pts/usd plus Plat/Gold bonuses

3. Officially 1st night=QUAL , 2nd night=NON-Qual
a)some hotels post as 2x qual nights
b)if hotel posts as zero qual nights, contact Amb desk who will
correctly credit as 1x qual night only, and fixed pnts or USD per
first nights rate.
Old May 8, 2014, 11:26 am

Deleted, wrong thread

Last edited by DaveInLA; May 8, 2014 at 11:43 am
Old May 10, 2014, 5:07 am

Programs: # Neodymium #
Given the absence of Coupon Connection, where else can I offer my IC BOGOs to people who might use them?
Is there another website that IHGG members frequent?

I have a bunch of BOGOs that will expire over the coming few months, and it would be a shame for them to go to waste.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.