Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Friends and Family discount at all IHG Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2015, 3:05 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by harryhv
Any updates? Friends/family link now jumps back to the rack-rate?
My link for my good 'friend' Cassandra from IHGs Atlanta HQ is also not working anymore...

Did they cancel the F&F rates?
Old Jan 20, 2015, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. LAU
My link for my good 'friend' Cassandra from IHGs Atlanta HQ is also not working anymore...

Did they cancel the F&F rates?
http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glob...304-_-AM247631

I found this with a simple google search and the prices are definitely cheaper than rack rates
Old Jan 20, 2015, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by harryhv
Any updates? Friends/family link now jumps back to the rack-rate?
http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glob...304-_-AM247631
Old Feb 6, 2015, 1:55 am

anyone denied upgrade because of FF rate?
Old Mar 27, 2015, 4:17 am
uk1
Suspended

Sorted. Appears to be PC related as links work on ipad.

Last edited by uk1; Mar 28, 2015 at 3:22 am Reason: Sorted. Appears to be PC related as links work on ipad.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:12 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by uk1
A landing page I've been using for some time and used in the last few hours to secure F&F now reverts to the standard booking page.

I've checked my other F&F links and they all revert to the standard booking page.

Anyone else finding the F&F pages appear to have gone? I hope this isn't permanent.
I see no change. Everything is as usual.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 12:09 pm
uk1
Suspended

Last edited by uk1; Mar 28, 2015 at 3:23 am Reason: Sorted. Appears to be PC related as links work on ipad.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I've never used family rate before. Obviously, I don't know Timothy Severn, who offers a FF rate link. Is there any risk for booking via his link if I don't know him? Rate details state: Must present voucher at check-in.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 10:05 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I've never used family rate before. Obviously, I don't know Timothy Severn, who offers a FF rate link. Is there any risk for booking via his link if I don't know him? Rate details state: Must present voucher at check-in.
It is a public rate and it has been explicitly applied so far as such. That does not mean that there is no risk in the future simply because they change the rules at whim. It just means at the moment is seems fine. Keep in mind if it is important that this rate will not get you points or nights.

I keep in touch with this particular rate because it is one way of giving an indication of what they are discounting to lowest public rates over what dates.

If it is more reassuring why not contact the hotel directly and ask whether they will respect those rates with whatever else you might like of them?

Yes or no is all they will say.

Old Apr 18, 2015, 11:44 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by uk1
If it is more reassuring why not contact the hotel directly and ask whether they will respect those rates with whatever else you might like of them?
I wouldn't give them any reason to start thinking about whether you are eligible to use this rate or not because I can think of more reasons why you wouldn't be eligible than why you would be. But no one will start thinking of that if you just show up. In the worst case they might ask you for the voucher (if there is any).

HTB.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 12:26 pm
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by htb
I wouldn't give them any reason to start thinking about whether you are eligible to use this rate or not because I can think of more reasons why you wouldn't be eligible than why you would be. But no one will start thinking of that if you just show up. In the worst case they might ask you for the voucher (if there is any).

HTB.
You are wrong I am afraid. It isn't just about asking for the voucher, it can be the name on the voucher that might be problematic.

#1. When Steve Sickel invited members that participated in a closed/private forum to use his name, some staff didn't believe we were allowed to use the rate and I know of several including myself that had to convince a GM that it was effectively a public rate and that we didn't need to actually be @friend or family" to Steve.

#2. IHG haven't been good at removing employees who have posted links to the F&F rate (there was an employee incentive where they won prizes) when they leave the company, and I know of a situation where the property refused to accept the certificate because it related to an employee that left.

You will normally be OK, but this particular rate or programme has always been a a bit odd and it is a programme that is ripe for "misunderstandings" at check in by staff and management who genuinely don't know it or wish to be uncooperative and it is perfectly sensible for people using it to be a bit edgy if they want to avoid expensive surprises after some travel.

I'm sure he/she will make the right decision for themselves.

Old Apr 18, 2015, 2:40 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by skyfox2
Anyone can help a fellow flyertalk-er with a F&F discount?
+1..

Looking to book few nights for May..Need a FnF discount link.

Thanks,
Old Apr 18, 2015, 3:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
+1..

Looking to book few nights for May..Need a FnF discount link.

Thanks,
I found at least 5 working links by googling it.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Yep, all links can be googled. I stayed at the HI in NYC 2 weeks ago, no one bothered to ask me for the voucher this time round, but I had it on me.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 4:12 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by uk1
My bad.. had found that but did not update here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.