Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Friends and Family discount at all IHG Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2009, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Airline Free Agent/MR Gold/ HH Diamond/National/MGM/Amex
To answer some questions, IHG did not contact me and ask me to remove the link, someone else (a private party) did and I did it for them. While I am still awaiting my friend to post his link under his name, I have responded to all PMs with full answers. If you need any details please feel free to PM me and I can explain anything you might need to know.

Also I want to point out very quickly that nothing illegal was done. This is a promotion that was created by IHG. Any IHG employee with access to Merlin (IHG computer software/newtork) can generate their own link. Whoever has their link used for the most bookings gets 1 million PC points. I am not employed by IHG, nor a franchisee of an IHG property. I work in the hospitality industry and used to work in hotels so I have many friends who I am happy to help out. I'm a nice guy like that .
Old Mar 3, 2009, 9:52 pm
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by morepointsplease
hi,

i'm very interested in the friends and family offer - currently planing stays at
IC sydney
CP changi
IC singapore.

would this cover breakfast too?

also, can i use my ambassador free weekend night certificate with this?

many thanks
There's nothing surrepticious about this - and the best starting point is to ask the hotels directly how you will be treated and how you can achieve what you want to achieve - explaining that your Plat or RA as appropriate. Asking here I think will give you several different answers to the same question as clearly properties will probably be fairly inconsistant.
Old Mar 6, 2009, 7:07 pm

Programs: IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, HHonors Gold, Air Berlin Topbonus Gold, Miles & More FT, SIXT Diamond
Anybody else, who can confirm that this rate nights appear as "qualifying nights"?
This would be the most important point for me, as I don´t want to lose my RA status for booking the "wrong" rate

One member already noticed, that his stay went through with points and as qualif. night, but this may have been luck.

Any experience is welcome.
Old Mar 7, 2009, 10:29 am

Location: Spring, TX (17 minutes from IAH - then another 30 to park)
Programs: CO PresPlat, IHG Plat RA, WN A+, FL a+, Avis PC
The Friends and Family Rate Promotion is available to Participants only. The Friends and Family Rate Promotion is available for room bookings only and not for packages or other components. Reservations must be booked on the Friends and Family Promotion reservation website between February 23, 2009 and May 31, 2009, and must be made in advance of travel and are non-refundable, as determined by each hotel. The Friends and Family Promotion rates are subject to availability and may be changed without prior notice; do not qualify to earn Priority Club® Reward points; may not be booked by travel agents; and are not commissionable. All room reservations are subject to each hotel’s standard room reservation and cancellation policies and procedures. All Friends and Family Rate Promotion bookings will be subject to applicable taxes, fees, and other standard service charges. The Friends and Family Rate for each hotel will be determined independently by each hotel and will vary with hotel locations/occupancy and blackout dates. The Friends and Family Promotion may be terminated at any time without prior notice.

When planning your next trip, please visit and book your hotel through this website to automatically receive the Friends and Family discount.

Rates are subject to availability. Most Friends and Family rates must be booked approximately 7 days in advance, although individual hotels and regions may vary.

Please note: Friends and Family rates are non-refundable and do not qualify for Priority Club® points.

1) You can receive up to 25% off our rates at participating hotels
2) Not all of our hotels are participating
3) There are blackout dates
4) When you use this rate code, you will NOT receive PCR points for this stay
5) You must use the link below to take advantage of the offer
6) Cannot apply to already existing reservations<br>

http://www.ihg.com/h/d/6c/1/en/frien...223-_-AM143624

http://images3.ichotelsgroup.com/cq/...mp/Voucher.pdf
Old Mar 7, 2009, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IGoogledU
You may wish to edit out the specific link.
This led to problems before.
Old Mar 7, 2009, 3:20 pm
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by soitgoes
You may wish to edit out the specific link.
This led to problems before.

This person is a responsible executive of IC and has SPECIFICALLY said that the link can be cascaded and shared. She is also aware of this forum.

If anyone suggests otherwise they should be referred to her or her own post in their own MR forum.
Old Mar 7, 2009, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uk1
This person is a responsible executive of IC and has SPECIFICALLY said that the link can be cascaded and shared. She is also aware of this forum.
Good.
Old Mar 7, 2009, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Airline Free Agent/MR Gold/ HH Diamond/National/MGM/Amex
The new link!

Apologies to all those who thought this might be a one shot deal, but after dealing with the snags, here is a new link that I CAN post and share etc.

Click here to book F&F discount rate

As mentioned earlier this is a promo that runs until the end of May, so book as much as you would like!

-WB
Old Mar 8, 2009, 3:12 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by wonderbret
Apologies to all those who thought this might be a one shot deal, but after dealing with the snags, here is a new link that I CAN post and share etc.

Click here to book F&F discount rate

As mentioned earlier this is a promo that runs until the end of May, so book as much as you would like!

-WB
An error occurred.

We are sorry, but the system could not decrypt the unique information of the employee.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 3:12 pm

Programs: Royal Ambassador Priority Club, Silver Elite goldpointsplus, Gold SPG, Diamond Hyatt
me to
Old Mar 8, 2009, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, *Gold, HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, IC Plat Ambassador, Delta Skymiles
http://www.ihg.com/friendsandfamily

this should work.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
that works better,
but still need an employee name (Cassandra...?)
and location to complete the voucher.

Apparently no need to hide or PM this anymore....

and looking at Cha-am Thailand I found a slightly different rate description:

APAC Friends & Family Voucher Program. No Advance booking required. Can not be booked more than 90 days prior to arrival. A maximum stay of 7 nights per hotel. Check with Hotel for any deposit and guarantee polices. Voucher needs to presented at time of check in.

and more:

The Friends or Family must be in the travelling party for the room benefit to apply. Once a guest receives a confirmation number for a reservation at the Friends and Family discount rate, that rate may not be rescinded by the hotel, regardless of any change in anticipated occupancy. The Friends or Family whose name appears on the reservation must present a valid promotion voucher at check-in including the name, location, email address and phone number of the employee they know at IHG. This voucher must be completed by the friends or family using the voucher. The Friends and Family Benefit voucher is not reusable. A separate voucher must be completed for each booking. The guest must present the current valid form of the benefit voucher at check-in, as this will be changed periodically to reduce the chance of misuse. The voucher can be downloaded from www.ihg.com/friendsandfamily.

Last edited by MrHalliday; Mar 8, 2009 at 4:34 pm
Old Mar 8, 2009, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by MrHalliday
that works better,
but still need an employee name (Cassandra...?)
and location to complete the voucher.
[SIZE="2"]
Apparently no need to hide or PM this anymore....
Yes, can you please post this info IGoogledU?

Also, anyone else able to confirm if the stays booked under this rate will receive points / count as qualifying activity?
Old Mar 8, 2009, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nssfly
Also, anyone else able to confirm if the stays booked under this rate will receive points / count as qualifying activity?
Technically, these rates are not point-earning/qualifying activity.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 6:29 pm

I can't find any place in the T & C that stop a member from using the BOGOF certificate............where is it? There doesn't seem to be any problem with the T & C for the weekend certificate either....

I hope to use the discount and the certificate....would really apprexiate hearing from anyone who has trouble using both.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.