Best usage of points [merged]

Old Oct 4, 2008, 1:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Prioirty Club Royal Ambassador, Fursan
Thumbs up Best Deals for Rewards Night Stay

Hi All!

While staying on Reward Nights, I noticed that at certain hotels, one can get very attractive deals for Rewards Nights (for me attractive mean, if I purchase 100% points and still booking against such points will save me money). For example, 30,000 cost around US$.345 and if I can book a Reward Night for a room worth US$ 400 or more, I would go for even purchasing points

You are requested to share your knowledge of such ICH properties, where Reward Nights are economical than cash payment.

May I request to follow the format given hereunder for the sake of uniformity, however, if you can suggest a helpful change, please do suggest

Suggested ICH Property: ICH Taif (Saudi Arabia)
Suggested Reward Night Room: VIP Villa
PC points Required: 30,000 per Night
Paid Stay Price: US$.1,280 Per Night
Reason for Stay: Vacations, 2 Hours Drive from Jeddah
(One of the best vacation place in KSA)
Why ICH Offers this Deal: May be just an error!!!!
So enjoy till it is corrected

Further Details for the suggested Rewards Night Stay:
VIP villa has 5 bedrooms each room has separate bathroom 2 large living rooms 2 servant 2 driver rooms separate garage separate garden 2 floor villa big playing yard fully surrounded by garden you can enjoy making your own BBQ one large kitchen separate temperature control system satellite TV.

Last edited by Old Stranger; Oct 4, 2008 at 10:32 am Reason: To make description more clear
Old Oct 4, 2008, 2:10 am

The five bedrooms must be for the several wives that local men have. (Un?)fortunately I only have one, so no need for 5 bedrooms.

Still thanks for the tip. I guess they donīt honour these bookings.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 3:19 am
Original Poster

Strange ! How do you know that I am STRANGER over there (though you are right)!

Actually, I booked the Villa and stayed with my family and 2 other families of my friends . . . As I had just one wife (and impossible to afford or marry more), therefore, it was not possible to stay alone! BUT we all enjoyed a lot. Very safe & secure place (without any restrictions) to live & enjoy. (Just between me & you that I was not sure that ICH will honor the reservation due to huge price difference and that’s why I had made stand by reservation for 3 rooms, that I cancelled after entering the Villa !!!!)

Please note, I started with this property as it was one of the best deal for reward night stay. I will add ICH properties across the world for the benefit of all members . . .AND request all of you for the same.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 5:38 am

Programs: RA
Greetings to all
Hotel altaif intrcntantal hotel May he live constantly
I know very minute details

I am from Saudi Arabia

I,m Go to the Taif away from my city 1200 km
Gyulai and the month of August and September
Why

Wonderful atmosphere
Often temperature

Near
Great

While
My country, which held up the temperature to 50

Is not a luxury hotel
But good

There was a offers
Ago
Night = 5000 points

Any question about the hotel
Help to answer?

thanks all
Old Oct 4, 2008, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Request for suggesting best reward night deals

May I request you all to suggest best Reward Night Deals (not points break!!) for the benefit of all members.

WIth the help of members across the world, we can compile a list of Great Reward Night Deals. I will add my list of 10 ICH hotels (that I know)

Many thanks...

Last edited by Old Stranger; Oct 4, 2008 at 9:16 am Reason: Incomplete description
Old Oct 4, 2008, 9:15 am

Are pussies allowed in the room for the same rate? How about free internet when paying for the biggest suites? Will they upgrade my wife and I to RA status if coming to the hotels in the middle of a cruise?
Old Oct 4, 2008, 9:43 am
Original Poster

I dont see any problem for cats (may be for dogs), as no one ever asked anything to me (my daughter has a cat) OR may be they never noticed.

For Villa at ICH Taif, it is completely separate from standard rooms and I dont see any problem to carry any service animal (te best is to never ask for such things from hotels).

I had free internet access (Wifi at all and LAN at some) at all ICH and H Inn in KSA. I never paid for the same.

As far as, RA is concerned; if I get some referral certificate next time (provided, I maintain my RA status), I will refer you !!!!

If you plan to come to hotel, I can arrange for your pick up from Manama Airport (Bahrain) to Al Khobar (for H Inn Half Moon) and from Jeddah Airport to ICH Taif and if like you can drive yourself too (provided you have Intl Driving Licence in EU or US). Any vehicle you like (BUT not more than Yukon, Suburban, Patrol, Prado, Land Cruiser, Lexus 300 or Mercedes 220)
Old Oct 4, 2008, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Helsinki Flyer
The five bedrooms must be for the several wives that local men have. (Un?)fortunately I only have one, so no need for 5 bedrooms.
You up tight Finns! Let loose...it's a vacation!

But seriously, it is odd to find rates that are normal at the high end for ICs (i.e. U$300+) while at the same time the property is offering 5K Point Break awards. Of course, I won't complain when this happens, but I often find at high priced HIs and even HIXs often have the lower tier of redemption rates, i.e. 10K and 15K...lots of such HIs at the 10K level too. (Last summer the HI Warsaw was priced higher than the IC around the corner, and offering award nights at 10K so it was clear I would redeem nights rather than pay almost U$200 a night...then went over to the IC to use a BOGO at the U$150 weekend rate!
Old Oct 4, 2008, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Helsinki Flyer

Still thanks for the tip. I guess they don´t honour these bookings.

Dear Mr. Helsinki Flyer
Taif hotel where the two types of housing
1 Room
2 home "Villa"

Section where 5 rooms
Its
House
Or
Villa

Arabs have a social custom to travel
To go all the family
There is some
The father's mother boys sometimes up to 10-14
There
Family of father's and a number of sons or daughters with their wives
There
Man had several wives
A house is "villa" the best place for their need
The development of the Arab family in Saudi Arabia
Different from the family in some communities
As the boys if Bulgo a certain age do not live with their parents
Thank you all
Old Oct 5, 2008, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Dear Mr Abdul Malik
We do understand the local culture and fully respect the same. However, thanks for explaining the logic behind so large Villas in hotels!!!
Old Oct 5, 2008, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by Old Stranger
Dear Mr Abdul Malik
We do understand the local culture and fully respect the same. However, thanks for explaining the logic behind so large Villas in hotels!!!
thanks sir
Old Oct 5, 2008, 3:40 am
Original Poster

Suggested ICH Property: Holiday Inn Al Khobar (Saudi Arabia)
Suggested Reward Night Room: King Standard
PC points Required: 10,000 per Night (Purchase Price US$.135)
Paid Stay Price: US$.210 Per Night (at peak season). Best Flexible is US$.120
Reason for Stay: Savings (in peak season only)
Old Oct 5, 2008, 8:09 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Avis
I will have to keep this property in mind. "ICH Property: ICH Taif (Saudi Arabia)". I just turned down a project close to Jeddah (already on another project). It would make for a nice day off property to rest up.

And for 30,000 points it would be a steal.

As a side note it is nice to see people from the Kingdom posting. Hopefully someday I get to vist.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 9:38 am
Original Poster

If you plan to go to ICH Taif, Pick n Drop would be with my compliments!!!
Old Jan 21, 2009, 8:23 pm

Programs: DL: GM, UA: Gold, HH:Gold PC:Platinum
Best usage of points [merged]

I am still kind of new to the hotel points/airline miles game and have made several redemptions. I think I did really well with a 75k point redemption for 3 nights at the HIexpress Fifth Avenue (2 blocks from times square) NY over new years (12/31, 1/1, 1/2 normally $414 a night for nothing!). I am wondering how that compares to other redemptions. I know with HHonors, that property would have definitely been a category 4 or above, but with PC, it looks like the holiday inn expresses are always 25k a night even when the normal rate is over $400.

What are your best redemptions?

Last edited by amc1; Jan 21, 2009 at 8:58 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.