IC Mauritius Master Thread

Old Dec 28, 2008, 10:32 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Given they are not open yet and no guarantees on when they will be open (date has been pushed back several times), I wouldn't read anything into the price on the website at the moment.

I wouldn't be confident it will open by March. You may want to check out alternative accommodation.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Does anybody know when this hotel is opening?

Booking a sort notice holiday, needs to be confirmed tomorrow.

Will only stay At IC on points.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 3:33 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Dia
Originally Posted by navatwal
Does anybody know when this hotel is opening?
I did a search last week and found a reference from their Indian GSA from mid January that the hotel would open on 26 January. Well, I guess this did not happen, otherwise we would have noticed and they would have updated the website. Other sites show a date around end of March. I just hope they will be open by August

If it is urgent, have you tried to give them or the Ambassador Service Center a call?
Old Mar 2, 2009, 4:03 am

Programs: BA GGL, ICC Amb Plat, LH Freq Fly, Hilton Diamond
Now forecast to be the 1st May 2009.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 9:57 am

Programs: IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, HHonors Gold, Air Berlin Topbonus Gold, Miles & More FT, SIXT Diamond
BTW: the lovely 30.000 point Award-night offer has vanished
Old Mar 2, 2009, 2:18 pm

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Scotland
Now forecast to be the 1st May 2009.
Could be a result of the GFC for the delays? Maybe they try to time it to peak season?
Old Apr 3, 2009, 12:22 am

Programs: ba miles
IC MAURITIUS - open yet?

I have emailed the hotel a couple of times to ask are they open but no reply -does anyone know if they are open?

I want to book a room for next March and was wondering do they have a Club lounge, I think the answer maybe no looking on their website
Old Apr 4, 2009, 2:40 am

I have emailed the hotel 3 times and still no answer - has anyone booked to stay here ?
Old Apr 4, 2009, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Nouvelles Frontičres, the French division of Tui Travel, display offers (beginning May 2009) and pics^ for InterContinental Mauritius
Old Apr 5, 2009, 3:13 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by nicolas75
Nouvelles Frontičres, the French division of Tui Travel, display offers (beginning May 2009) and pics^ for InterContinental Mauritius
That doesn't mean anything. I had a booking with IC Mauritius for last year. Of course I was unable to use it.

No one knows when it will open. I doubt you'll get any response from the hotel until it opens (or perhaps a few days prior). For travel next March there is plenty of time yet to make accommodation arrangements.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
That doesn't mean anything. I had a booking with IC Mauritius for last year. Of course I was unable to use it.

No one knows when it will open. I doubt you'll get any response from the hotel until it opens (or perhaps a few days prior). For travel next March there is plenty of time yet to make accommodation arrangements.
If I book Advance Purchase will they take the money straight away?
Old Apr 6, 2009, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chipsodg
Maybe, maybe not.
The hotel may charge your card anytime between booking and check out!
Old Apr 6, 2009, 2:11 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by chipsodg
I wouldn't prepay accommodation at a hotel that isn't open unless I was extremely confident that it will be open and fully functional by the time of my stay. In the event it isn't open in time it is much easier to book alternative arrangements without the hassle of trying to recover your prepayment.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 2:51 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador & Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
Can you claim compensation?

In the Autumn of last year I booked a weeks stay at the IC Mauritius for this year. The entire stay was with points.

In October 2008 I received an email from a member of staff at the hotel who was attending trade (holiday fairs) :

Dear MTM - Pls note that the IC Mauritius will open on December 15, 2008 therefore will be absolutely open in (when Mrs Mole and I are staying) - kind regards Marcel Kromhout.

Since January various tour operators have offered holidays at the IC Mauritius indicating availability in January, February and March when clearly the hotel is or hasn't been open.

Having never previously booked a stay at a hotel that wasn't in fact built/finished, despite being told that it would be open around 8 months before my stay, If I were to have to find alternative accomodation ( and now pay for it ) does anyone know whether IHG would have to pay compensation -they have continued to accept bookings despite knowing there have been problems.
Thanks for any advice.
MTM
Old Apr 6, 2009, 3:37 pm

FWIW... I called up the Ambassador line and after cutting thru their usual stuff of "If the hotel shows a rate during your desired stay, that means its open"... I got them to call the hotel directly and they now say that it will be fully ready for us by end of June. Hope this helps!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.