Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Hotel concierge does not respond to emails ([email protected]) - pick up the phone and call instead.

Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer

Print Wikipost

IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2014, 9:11 am

Hi All,

I am staying here on the 19th December for 2 nights, I booked it with the Promo so only paid 189 Euro per night in the' 1 KING BED PRESTIGE ROOM NONSMOKING' I am a Platinum IHG member and a Ambassador does anyone know what the upgrade will be?
Old Nov 24, 2014, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by fireworksboy
It isn't an airport lounge.
Well, DUH. Thanks anyway.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 12:47 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by SFOTerry
Anyone here with lounge access willing to guest wife & I tonight or tomorrow?
Hi, came back home by car today early morning 5 am.

Sorry to have read your message of Sunday 23rd afternoon not in Paris (the program to show my father in law Paris in a couple of days was really a challenge and left nearly no time for me for anything else), we could have met for dinner at Gallopin (very good brasserie, direction Drouot, 20 min. walk from Le Grand), where we had a table that evening. Monday 24th we already checked out at Le Grand, heading to stay one night at Trianon Palace Versailes, to visit castle and gardens yesterday.

We did not use the Le Grand Club Lounge during evening time, but two times afternoon for coffee and cakes, daily for breakfast. I don´t know the rules to bring someone as guest to the Le Grand lounge, at Hilton lounges I remember it is possible to bring one guest for free.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 10:31 am

Programs: BA Blue, Priority Club Plat (again!), Marriott Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by davrossuk
If I book a Club Room (using Ambassador 2for1 voucher), is it likely I would be upgraded to a Junior Suite and if so, would I still get access to the club lounge?
I would be interesting in knowing this as well. I am an a Plat Amb and I have just booked 2 nights next year (using Amb 2for1). The rate was Euro 660 per night.

Not sure what the guaranteed upgrade from this room type would be.

Thanks
Old Jan 5, 2015, 12:33 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by davrossuk
If I book a Club Room (using Ambassador 2for1 voucher), is it likely I would be upgraded to a Junior Suite and if so, would I still get access to the club lounge?
Originally Posted by TheMajor
I would be interesting in knowing this as well. I am an a Plat Amb and I have just booked 2 nights next year (using Amb 2for1). The rate was Euro 660 per night.

Not sure what the guaranteed upgrade from this room type would be.

Thanks
1. If you book Club as an Ambassador (or any status , or even non-status) and receive an upgrade of room type you always keep lounge access

2. No J/S is not the room type after Club. If you check the room description Club room is simply a Standard Superior Room Type (no special view as eg Superior with Eifel view is a premium rate to Std Superior) with Lounge access.

As such for Ambassador a 1-cat upgrade from Club Room would be an Exec room , keeping Club access.

Clue here is subtract 100euro off club room rate (100euro is additional the cost of lounge) to see the base room room type you get with club booking.

Last edited by scubaccr; Jan 5, 2015 at 12:41 am
Old Jan 5, 2015, 2:38 am

Programs: BA Blue, Priority Club Plat (again!), Marriott Rewards Gold
Thank you scubaccr, I am happy with what I have booked and for my needs I dont think it is worth paying Euro 880 per night for the Junior Suite.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 11:03 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by TheMajor
Thank you scubaccr, I am happy with what I have booked and for my needs I dont think it is worth paying Euro 880 per night for the Junior Suite.
The option you should maybe look at might be
A)book an Exec room (should be lesser rate than club )
B)Get Ambassador 1-level/cat upgrade to Junior Suite
C)ask to buy lounge upsell for the fee of 100euro ( I believe that is 1-room / 2guests)

And using bogo you would have to buy club both nights not just once, so above may be better on paid non-bogo stays.

Last edited by scubaccr; Jan 5, 2015 at 11:09 am
Old Jan 7, 2015, 10:37 am

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
I'm staying four nights on an award stay upcoming. I'm an ambassador. On previous occasions, they have offered to sell me club membership for 100 euros total. Not per night. I hope that offer continues...
Old Jan 23, 2015, 7:36 pm

I have two 'free' nights in May ( IHG Dining Rewards + 50k points ).

Response to email I sent, was that Club Access is 140 Euro per night.

Is this just me ? or has the price actually risen start of this year ( up from 100 Euro ) ??
Old Feb 9, 2015, 7:42 am

Programs: PC, UA
Question about the Classic rooms. I understand they are quite small, especially for someone like me coming from the US. I'm traveling with a friend and can book a Classic room via points. Is this something I'm going to regret as there just won't be enough space for us to be comfortable? I've tried to find some room photos without a lot of luck. Are there any out there I've missed? Do I understand correctly that I wouldn't be guranteed an upgrade if I was Ambassador since I'm staying exclusively on points?
Old Feb 9, 2015, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Bicknell55
Question about the Classic rooms. I understand they are quite small, especially for someone like me coming from the US. I'm traveling with a friend and can book a Classic room via points. Is this something I'm going to regret as there just won't be enough space for us to be comfortable? I've tried to find some room photos without a lot of luck. Are there any out there I've missed? Do I understand correctly that I wouldn't be guranteed an upgrade if I was Ambassador since I'm staying exclusively on points?
1. Classic rooms are still very well appointed and comfortable. They have the same bedding. But there's just very little space around the bed. On the other hand you shouldn't be spending too much time in your room with Paris just outside the door!

2. Yes you will get an upgrade on points as an AMB at this hotel. And all the other AMB benefits. Probably a just a one-level upgrade, but you might get lucky and get an Exec room.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 9:54 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
Anybody already stayed in their newly renovated rooms? Are they still the same design and only the carpets and wallpapers have been renewed or is it something really new? Any pics?

Will be staying there for a weekend in March and might email the hotel for a
renovated room...
Old Feb 9, 2015, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Mr. LAU
Anybody already stayed in their newly renovated rooms? Are they still the same design and only the carpets and wallpapers have been renewed or is it something really new? Any pics?
It's been a 2 or 3 months since I've been here, but I haven't heard anything about room renovations? All the renovations last year were in public spaces. I'll stay again in a couple weeks and ask.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 10:15 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, IC Ambassador, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by stimpy
It's been a 2 or 3 months since I've been here, but I haven't heard anything about room renovations? All the renovations last year were in public spaces. I'll stay again in a couple weeks and ask.
I read somewhere (thought it was here on FT but could not find the post) that they started renovating the rooms and that they started with the 5th (Club) floor which was supposed to be finished around new year...

Would be great if you ask and could perhaps get a look!
Old Feb 11, 2015, 6:54 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by Mr. LAU
I read somewhere (thought it was here on FT but could not find the post) that they started renovating the rooms and that they started with the 5th (Club) floor which was supposed to be finished around new year...

Would be great if you ask and could perhaps get a look!
Yeah I read that too, and there was pictures from somebodys trip report. The room didn't look much different though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.