Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Hotel concierge does not respond to emails ([email protected]) - pick up the phone and call instead.

Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer

Print Wikipost

IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2014, 8:01 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by wendySFO
Booked the basic room on points. Wondering if any experience for paid upgrade price and what room category upgraded room will be? I am a Ambassador and Platinum member if that makes any difference.

Thanks for any info.
PLG are nice on award nights so you should get a small free upgrade from Classic Room to a Superior Room as an Ambassador.

And Plat/Gold part of your Ambassador status should not make any difference.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by scubaccr
PLG are nice on award nights so you should get a small free upgrade from Classic Room to a Superior Room as an Ambassador.

And Plat/Gold part of your Ambassador status should not make any difference.
Good to know the Ambassador status has some benefit here :-). I was thinking to have a paid upgrade. Checking with FTers for wealth of knowledge for advise.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 3:54 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
pay alittle more to upgrade to lounge access

Good to know the Ambassador status has some benefit here :-). I was thinking to have a paid upgrade. Checking with FTers for wealth of knowledge for advise.
Its always worth asking how much it is to upgrade to the lounge (sorry i cant remember if this is possible here, we got it as RA and it was worth having, although its not the most lively lounge.

Last edited by CanfordCliffs; Aug 10, 2014 at 7:40 am Reason: details were of the wrong lounge
Old Aug 10, 2014, 3:57 am

PS why the lounge? rooftop view, breakfast, free alcohol for 2 hours of happy hour. Beers in the main bar are around 10 euros ish each (around 15 euros each at the park hyatt up the road,so we calculate for a couple, if we drink 4 beer bottles each over the evening (you have recouped around 50 - 130 euros worth of lounge cost. Add in the value of the breakfast and nibbles and you are winning even though the upfront expense is alittle much.

Last edited by CanfordCliffs; Aug 10, 2014 at 7:42 am Reason: details were of the wrong lounge
Old Aug 10, 2014, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by CanfordCliffs
stimpy- have you seen any photos of this, we used to go here alot but eventually felt it was abit tatty in the banquet area and it eventually put us off (well that and green ham in the free lounge breakfast!.. not very fresh!)
I took some photos, but they didn't turn out well because the hall is so large. But to the eye it is beautiful. So many wonderful art objects everywhere. It's not at all tatty now. And I've never seen green ham in the lounge! I eat breakfast there quite often.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hey, something else that may or maynot be of interest is that if you book the standard room and pay Ł70/80 (sorry cant remember which) in addition, you get lounge access which i would massively reccomend, for us it makes this hotel. In fact we go all out and as royal ambassadors book a basic room, then upgrade (cost about Ł160/nt) to include a 1 bed suite and lounge access. This really is tops! I think for Ł70/80 you probably get lounge and improved room.. you would have to email/call and ask.
As RA you do not have to pay for your upgrades or lounge access. It is included as a benefit.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 4:50 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
PS why the lounge? fabulous view, excellent breakfast, excellent afternoon sandwiches and cream tea, poor evening canapes offering but free alcohol for 2 hours of happy hour. Beers in the main bar are around Ł6ish each so we calculate for a couple, if we drink 4 beer bottles each over the evening (yes we stack an extra one at the end of happy hour) you have recouped around Ł50 worth of lounge cost. Add in the value of the breakfast and afternoon tea and you are winning even though the upfront expense is alittle much.
I thought alcohol was all day or least the champagne was
Old Aug 10, 2014, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mitpat474
I thought alcohol was all day or least the champagne was
Yes, Champagne is all day. And beer and wine are most all day, other than breakfast. But the spirits are just during happy hour.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
Yes, Champagne is all day. And beer and wine are most all day, other than breakfast. But the spirits are just during happy hour.
my appologise, i think you are right on this one and there is no happy hour, i was getting confused.

Last edited by CanfordCliffs; Aug 10, 2014 at 7:38 am
Old Aug 11, 2014, 12:58 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Its always worth asking how much it is to upgrade to the lounge (sorry i cant remember if this is possible here, we got it as RA and it was worth having, although its not the most lively lounge.
I believe IC-PLG Lounge upsell is 100euro. About comparable with Park Lanes Ł78 when one converts GBP->Euro
Old Aug 13, 2014, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr
I believe IC-PLG Lounge upsell is 100euro. About comparable with Park Lanes Ł78 when one converts GBP->Euro
Checked with the hotel, it is 120 Euro. Still checking what's included. Reading from here, seems it covers the breakfast, drinks, snacks? No alcoholic drink for me, but assume it has coffee/tea/water all day which is fine for my needs.

Do I expect a better room beside the one level upgrade to superior room?

Thanks again.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 1:21 am

not worth the upsell?

Checked with the hotel, it is 120 Euro. Still checking what's included. Reading from here, seems it covers the breakfast, drinks, snacks? No alcoholic drink for me, but assume it has coffee/tea/water all day which is fine for my needs.

Thanks again.
i usually travel with my family and feel the upsell is well worth the Ł80ish at the Park Lane. we got lounge as RA here and i would not have paid for it. perhaps it might be worth it if you are traveling alone, but we felt the ambiance and food didnt really justify this kind of additional cost. just an opinion. re whether you would get a room upgrade, as an RA you do, but i think you would need to clarify direct with the hotel. sorry i cant be more help.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 1:42 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
i usually travel with my family and feel the upsell is well worth the Ł80ish at the Park Lane. we got lounge as RA here and i would not have paid for it. perhaps it might be worth it if you are traveling alone, but we felt the ambiance and food didnt really justify this kind of additional cost. just an opinion. re whether you would get a room upgrade, as an RA you do, but i think you would need to clarify direct with the hotel. sorry i cant be more help.
I agree with your sentiments regarding PL and LG lounge differences, LG was just ok for me.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR

Thanks again.
You won't get a better room.

If you don't drink you will struggle to justify the cost, as knocking back a bottle of champagne in the evening is the best way to defray it!

It also works well if you are close to the hotel during the day and can pop back for lunch and afternoon snacks.

You could avoid paying for an evening meal with the evening snacks but it isn't 'real' food per se (ie no hot dishes, more bread and cheese and smart deserts).

Given you can buy a coffee and croissant for breakfast for relative peanuts at various places within a couple of minutes of the hotel, the value of that is debatable as well.

I am a big fan of the LeGrand lounge but it suits my way of travelling (ie I am not usually out in the evenings and am happy to spend a couple of hours drinking in the club, I also usually get back for lunch or afternoon snacks.) It may not suit yours.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:59 pm

Thanks Raffles, mitpat474, CanfordCliffs, stimpy, scubaccr for your information.

I was hoping club access will result a better room (i.e. club floor). If not, I'll skip the surcharge for club access.

Last edited by wendySFO; Aug 14, 2014 at 12:59 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.