Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Hotel concierge does not respond to emails ([email protected]) - pick up the phone and call instead.

Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer

Print Wikipost

IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2009, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Get the Roissy Bus. Stops directly opposite and the bus only has 1 stop so you can't get off at the wrong place.
Old Nov 13, 2009, 3:42 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by Raffles
Get the Roissy Bus. Stops directly opposite and the bus only has 1 stop so you can't get off at the wrong place.
+1. Did this with my wife on the last trip-her first time. Her initial reaction, "What- I haven't taken a bus in 10 years!" On the return to CDG she acknowledged it was as convenient as a cab.

It left a few shekels to donate to the shops on Hausmann
Old Nov 13, 2009, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Benny8444
Does anyone know what the RA rate for a sedan is from CDG to the IC Le Grand?

I want to see if it is cheaper than a taxi
No, it is at least double the price of a taxi. I only did it once when there were three of us and lots of bags. Too much for a regular taxi, so the IC sent a Mercedes van for something like €120.
Old Nov 14, 2009, 1:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
I am traveling with my dad who has not taken a bus since he was in Law School

I will look at the website for the bus and make a decision. How is traffic on a Thursday morning?
Old Nov 15, 2009, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Benny8444
I will look at the website for the bus and make a decision. How is traffic on a Thursday morning?
Traffic is the one main reason to NOT take the bus. At times, traffic can be horrible. During the typical rush hours that all cities have, plus certain holiday times, plus during transport strikes. And if there is an accident on the periphique, it can be hell, but there is no predicting that.

I generally only take the bus on weekends, or if I happen to land around noon. Otherwise the metro is always faster.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 4:44 pm

Programs: JAL JGC Diamond, OW Emerald, Marriot Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by stimpy
Using points for free stays, I always get an upgrade with Club access and free mini-bar at the Le Grand. But that is above and beyond the T's and C's of the Ambassador program.

The brochures were sent out to all RA's back when the "new" program started.
Do you normally contact the hotel prior to your stay or do you just show up and receive the upgrade?
Old Nov 15, 2009, 6:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by Comet21
Do you normally contact the hotel prior to your stay or do you just show up and receive the upgrade?
Some people contact the hotel, some just show up.

The hotel will usually automaticly upgrade you prior to your arrival and the upgrade could be better as the stay comes closer and they see that the hotel is not going to be crowded.

The one positive about contacting the hotel in advance is you know what room you are going to get but they will usually block you into that room and then there will be no "further" upgrade.

I never e-mail the hotel, I always know that I will at least get a jr suite and hopefully sometimes a nice suite.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Comet21
Like Benny, I never call the hotel to beg. I just show up. These days it's as automated as it can get.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 11:40 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
i looked online and got a upgrade to a exec room from classic.Are they nice? should I ask farther at checkin?
Old Dec 8, 2009, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by jason8612
i looked online and got a upgrade to a exec room from classic.Are they nice? should I ask farther at checkin?
This is what you'd expect - a strict 2 level upgrade. The last one I had was very big, although if you book a Superior you'll get a Junior Suite which can be huge (as city hotels go). Its a bit pot luck on the day, though. The last 2 Execs and Junior Suites I've had were interior view, which wasn't an issue for me but may be for you. If you want to push for anything at check-in, ask if it is interior or exterior.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 10:25 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by Raffles
This is what you'd expect - a strict 2 level upgrade. The last one I had was very big, although if you book a Superior you'll get a Junior Suite which can be huge (as city hotels go). Its a bit pot luck on the day, though. The last 2 Execs and Junior Suites I've had were interior view, which wasn't an issue for me but may be for you. If you want to push for anything at check-in, ask if it is interior or exterior.
i really don't care about the view. I just usually like a larger room.
Should I ask about club access? Any luck recently about comp'd club access as a RA?
Old Dec 10, 2009, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

iAny luck recently about comp'd club access as a RA?
Every time, including right now! However I should add that most the other RA's here think that this is due to the fact that I have had about 100 stays at this hotel since the renovation.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 1:15 pm

Programs: JAL JGC Diamond, OW Emerald, Marriot Bonvoy Platinum
Just checked out from here this morning after staying for 3 nights on the free nights promo. Was upgraded as RA to opera view room from the classic room with free mini bar excluding the power adapter and USB. No free internet nor club access was offered, but was quite happy with the upgrades due to it being free nights.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 1:31 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, 2MM; Hilton Diamond; IC Spire Ambassador
i really don't care about the view. I just usually like a larger room.
Should I ask about club access? Any luck recently about comp'd club access as a RA?
I stayed at the Le Grand over Thanksgiving week (I think stimpy posted that he/she was there then also). I noticed a couple of things. Both at checkin and checkout, the person taking care of me somehow contacted the guest relations manager on duty who came out and, at checkin, processed my room and information. I am an RA, but I only get the to the Le Grand about once a year, so I don't think this is special treatment for me, rather something they do for RA's.

This was a big benefit because I politely said to the manager that the previous times I'd been there I had been comped the lounge, but that I'd heard that this perhaps was no longer their policy. She smiled, and said yes, RA's no longer routinely receive lounge access, but "as the hotel is not very crowded this week, I will grant you lounge access because of your loyalty to IC." She also noted that, indeed, at the time of my last visit lounge access was routinely provided. That is a lesson that it doesn't pay to bluff with the facts as their system is reasonably sophisticated, not that I do that anyway.

Needless to say, this was a superb move from a customer relations standpoint!

I thanked her profusely and then casually let slip that this was a trip to celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary, and that this was my wife's first visit to the LeGrand. The manager immediately picked up her pen, smiled, and said this was crucial information! The hotel delivered a bottle of champagne within an hour gratis.

Upon checkout I told the guest relations manager how much the lounge access, the RA upgrade and the special gift of champagne meant to us.

So, a couple of lessons. First, it never hurts to ask politely about lounge access, though unless one travels there as much as stimpy I would not count on it. Second, the guest relations managers handling RA's, at least at the front desk, are accommodating if it is possible for them to be so. Third, LeGrand seems to be very willing to please even an infrequent guest RA such as myself. Oh, and I didn't realize until later that they comped me internet access for the entire week. As always, YMMV.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 2:55 pm

Programs: PA
I'm Plat Ambassador.

Just had very bad experienced in IC Le Grand.

My room got water leaked from the third floor room, after complaints several times to the reception/instant service the technician finally came to my room after 2 hours.

Amazingly they didn't do anything and left the room afterward.

Is this a standard service from the IC Paris? Or maybe because i payed the room using the PC points?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.