Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Hotel concierge does not respond to emails ([email protected]) - pick up the phone and call instead.

Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer

Print Wikipost

IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2022, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by ninjalad
If you are hoping for a more substantial offering for dinner then I suspect not , there isn’t a lot of space and IHG cut back on that to offer canapés sweet and savory plus cheeses etc
I don't quite agree with this. The space is actually larger than before and they had hot dinners in the old club. They have the full spread for breakfast so they can do the same for dinner. And I expect they will eventually if it hasn't come back already since the March 14th legal relaxation of COVID regs.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 2:39 pm

Amazing thanks, even if it’s just free flow champagne and some canapés before dinner that sounds good to me!
Old Mar 22, 2022, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by msmith11235
Amazing thanks, even if it’s just free flow champagne and some canapés before dinner that sounds good to me!
The Champagne was free flowing all day on my last visit. And as it has been for the most part of the last 20 years.
flyingbee, nicolas75 and DonPedro like this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 4:30 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
Originally Posted by ninjalad
I was quite happy with the lounge offerings in early February, a nice selection and good quality as were drinks and service
I was there mid January and was very happy with the evening selections! After having a late lunch every day, the lounge food was just enough in the evening. Plus the champagne all day...
Old Mar 23, 2022, 7:38 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Originally Posted by stimpy
Unless the gym was moved during renovation, it is in the spa area. It is reached by one of the staircases as it is between the ground and 1st floor. So above ground, but no windows.
Thanks for the headsup!
I will be sure to post a review of it.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 4:02 am

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Have they introduced new room categories? Previously I thought a Club Room upgrade would get you a Junior Suite with Opera, but now they have two smaller courtyard Junior Suites showing in-between?

Edit; just noticed there are also new club room offerings.

Last edited by TheWiseOne; Mar 30, 2022 at 5:40 am
Old Mar 30, 2022, 5:46 am

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Has anyone had experience of staying at this hotel as a AMS Spire and booking a club room?

I ask as I was under the impression that a Club Room booking as a AMS Spire would give you a great chance of a Junior Suite Opera view as that was the next category before this week.

However, with all the changes that took place on Monday, I am being told that my booking under the old system only meant that I was booked into a Standard Classic Room with Club Lounge, therefore any upgrade will just be to the old executive (now Premium Room) and if I want an upgrade to a Junior Suite it will be €270 a night.

Could someone clarify if Club Rooms booked prior to the category change always meant just a basic Classic room and that an upgrade would just be to a Executive room?
Old Mar 30, 2022, 7:16 am

As per the letter the hotel indeed sees club as basic room + club benefits.
De facto they always give you at least on of the nicest "premium" rooms (just below junior suite), or you can get lucky and receive anything above.
So here you don't really know what AMB brings you precisely as an upgrade.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by 336
As per the letter the hotel indeed sees club as basic room + club benefits.
De facto they always give you at least on of the nicest "premium" rooms (just below junior suite), or you can get lucky and receive anything above.
So here you don't really know what AMB brings you precisely as an upgrade.
Has that always been the case prior to this week? I am pretty sure I read somewhere that this hotel was one of the best places to use Ambassador status as you would most likely go Club Room>Junior with Opera View.

I understand they implemented new categories/changes this week but I feel being told the Old Club rate was a basic room so I am only entitled to a Classic with Balcony isn't really an upgrade or what was being implemented when I booked.

Maybe I am wrong..
Old Mar 30, 2022, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by msmith11235
Hi, wife and I are staying at the IC le grand over Easter weekend and have booked a club room. Any recent visitors got an update on the food offering and whether this has improved from the reduced post Covid fare that had been on offer?
We will see you then. Me and my husband will also be there in a club room during easter
Old Mar 30, 2022, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This old hotel has such a variety of room types that you can find some Exec rooms that are more desirable than certain junior suites.

As for upgrades, if you booked a classic then paid on the spot for Club access, you would not normally receive any special upgrade beyond what your status would give you. That's how it works at most hotels. But this hotel has often been quite generous to Club guests. Especially when you are sitting in the club, across the desk from the club manager.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by TheWiseOne
Has that always been the case prior to this week? I am pretty sure I read somewhere that this hotel was one of the best places to use Ambassador status as you would most likely go Club Room>Junior with Opera View.

I understand they implemented new categories/changes this week but I feel being told the Old Club rate was a basic room so I am only entitled to a Classic with Balcony isn't really an upgrade or what was being implemented when I booked.

Maybe I am wrong..
We have booked a club-room for 3 people as our son originally planned to join us. (Which would be a superior room with club access)
with the new room categories it will be difficult to decipher if we will receive the upgrade we are entitled to, or they will use the fact that only two people shows up to avoid an real upgrade.

Last month we were at Intercontinental Marseille, and actually got a significant downgrade. Damn I got mad. They actually tried to tell me that their 5 star hotel rooms did not include any chairs or coffetables and that their own pictures were misleading. They found a solution, but could not give us the excecutive room we had booked originally as that would have made their lies very obvious. Imagine being told you get an upgrade and then clearly receiving the sucker-room, that looked and was equipped as a 2 star room.

as Easter is just as busy as Valentine, I believe upgrades will be difficult to obtain, but we will see.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Love2travel73
We have booked a club-room for 3 people as our son originally planned to join us. (Which would be a superior room with club access)
with the new room categories it will be difficult to decipher if we will receive the upgrade we are entitled to, or they will use the fact that only two people shows up to avoid an real upgrade.

Last month we were at Intercontinental Marseille, and actually got a significant downgrade. Damn I got mad. They actually tried to tell me that their 5 star hotel rooms did not include any chairs or coffetables and that their own pictures were misleading. They found a solution, but could not give us the excecutive room we had booked originally as that would have made their lies very obvious. Imagine being told you get an upgrade and then clearly receiving the sucker-room, that looked and was equipped as a 2 star room.

as Easter is just as busy as Valentine, I believe upgrades will be difficult to obtain, but we will see.
I'll let you know how I get along. However, I am not holding my breath.
Love2travel73 likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I probably posted this fact 5+ years ago, so it should be repeated now. If you have booked Club, do NOT check in at the front desk. Go up to the 1st floor and check in at the club. You will have a much better chance of an upgrade if you check in at the club.
Love2travel73, 336, ARR72 and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
I probably posted this fact 5+ years ago, so it should be repeated now. If you have booked Club, do NOT check in at the front desk. Go up to the 1st floor and check in at the club. You will have a much better chance of an upgrade if you check in at the club.
great advise, we will do that.

How difficult is it to find your way up from the reception to the club,? I understand it is a huge hotel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.