IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 11, 19, 10:58 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: agjil
Wiki Link
Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 22, 22, 1:51 pm
  #1861  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Posts: 34,044
Originally Posted by ninjalad View Post
If you are hoping for a more substantial offering for dinner then I suspect not , there isn’t a lot of space and IHG cut back on that to offer canapés sweet and savory plus cheeses etc
I don't quite agree with this. The space is actually larger than before and they had hot dinners in the old club. They have the full spread for breakfast so they can do the same for dinner. And I expect they will eventually if it hasn't come back already since the March 14th legal relaxation of COVID regs.
stimpy is offline  
Old Mar 22, 22, 2:39 pm
  #1862  
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Posts: 2
Amazing thanks, even if it’s just free flow champagne and some canapés before dinner that sounds good to me!
msmith11235 is offline  
Old Mar 22, 22, 3:04 pm
  #1863  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Posts: 34,044
Originally Posted by msmith11235 View Post
Amazing thanks, even if it’s just free flow champagne and some canapés before dinner that sounds good to me!
The Champagne was free flowing all day on my last visit. And as it has been for the most part of the last 20 years.
flyingbee, nicolas75 and DonPedro like this.
stimpy is offline  
Old Mar 22, 22, 4:30 pm
  #1864  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
Posts: 232
Originally Posted by ninjalad View Post
I was quite happy with the lounge offerings in early February, a nice selection and good quality as were drinks and service
I was there mid January and was very happy with the evening selections! After having a late lunch every day, the lounge food was just enough in the evening. Plus the champagne all day...
VaBeachGirl is offline  
Old Mar 23, 22, 7:38 am
  #1865  
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: AMSTERDAM = one of those attic homes with steepstaircases of death
Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Posts: 1,410
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
Unless the gym was moved during renovation, it is in the spa area. It is reached by one of the staircases as it is between the ground and 1st floor. So above ground, but no windows.
Thanks for the headsup!
I will be sure to post a review of it.
HadesNL is online now  
Old Mar 29, 22, 4:02 am
  #1866  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Posts: 242
Have they introduced new room categories? Previously I thought a Club Room upgrade would get you a Junior Suite with Opera, but now they have two smaller courtyard Junior Suites showing in-between?

Edit; just noticed there are also new club room offerings.

Last edited by TheWiseOne; Mar 30, 22 at 5:40 am
TheWiseOne is offline  
Old Mar 30, 22, 5:46 am
  #1867  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Posts: 242
Has anyone had experience of staying at this hotel as a AMS Spire and booking a club room?

I ask as I was under the impression that a Club Room booking as a AMS Spire would give you a great chance of a Junior Suite Opera view as that was the next category before this week.

However, with all the changes that took place on Monday, I am being told that my booking under the old system only meant that I was booked into a Standard Classic Room with Club Lounge, therefore any upgrade will just be to the old executive (now Premium Room) and if I want an upgrade to a Junior Suite it will be €270 a night.

Could someone clarify if Club Rooms booked prior to the category change always meant just a basic Classic room and that an upgrade would just be to a Executive room?
TheWiseOne is offline  
Old Mar 30, 22, 7:16 am
  #1868  
336
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,201
As per the letter the hotel indeed sees club as basic room + club benefits.
De facto they always give you at least on of the nicest "premium" rooms (just below junior suite), or you can get lucky and receive anything above.
So here you don't really know what AMB brings you precisely as an upgrade.
336 is offline  
Old Mar 30, 22, 7:31 am
  #1869  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Posts: 242
Originally Posted by 336 View Post
As per the letter the hotel indeed sees club as basic room + club benefits.
De facto they always give you at least on of the nicest "premium" rooms (just below junior suite), or you can get lucky and receive anything above.
So here you don't really know what AMB brings you precisely as an upgrade.
Has that always been the case prior to this week? I am pretty sure I read somewhere that this hotel was one of the best places to use Ambassador status as you would most likely go Club Room>Junior with Opera View.

I understand they implemented new categories/changes this week but I feel being told the Old Club rate was a basic room so I am only entitled to a Classic with Balcony isn't really an upgrade or what was being implemented when I booked.

Maybe I am wrong..
TheWiseOne is offline  
Old Mar 30, 22, 7:53 am
  #1870  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 159
Originally Posted by msmith11235 View Post
Hi, wife and I are staying at the IC le grand over Easter weekend and have booked a club room. Any recent visitors got an update on the food offering and whether this has improved from the reduced post Covid fare that had been on offer?
We will see you then. Me and my husband will also be there in a club room during easter
Love2travel73 is offline  
Old Mar 30, 22, 8:04 am
  #1871  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Posts: 34,044
This old hotel has such a variety of room types that you can find some Exec rooms that are more desirable than certain junior suites.

As for upgrades, if you booked a classic then paid on the spot for Club access, you would not normally receive any special upgrade beyond what your status would give you. That's how it works at most hotels. But this hotel has often been quite generous to Club guests. Especially when you are sitting in the club, across the desk from the club manager.
stimpy is offline  
Old Mar 30, 22, 8:11 am
  #1872  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 159
Originally Posted by TheWiseOne View Post
Has that always been the case prior to this week? I am pretty sure I read somewhere that this hotel was one of the best places to use Ambassador status as you would most likely go Club Room>Junior with Opera View.

I understand they implemented new categories/changes this week but I feel being told the Old Club rate was a basic room so I am only entitled to a Classic with Balcony isn't really an upgrade or what was being implemented when I booked.

Maybe I am wrong..
We have booked a club-room for 3 people as our son originally planned to join us. (Which would be a superior room with club access)
with the new room categories it will be difficult to decipher if we will receive the upgrade we are entitled to, or they will use the fact that only two people shows up to avoid an real upgrade.

Last month we were at Intercontinental Marseille, and actually got a significant downgrade. Damn I got mad. They actually tried to tell me that their 5 star hotel rooms did not include any chairs or coffetables and that their own pictures were misleading. They found a solution, but could not give us the excecutive room we had booked originally as that would have made their lies very obvious. Imagine being told you get an upgrade and then clearly receiving the sucker-room, that looked and was equipped as a 2 star room.

as Easter is just as busy as Valentine, I believe upgrades will be difficult to obtain, but we will see.
Love2travel73 is offline  
Old Mar 30, 22, 8:25 am
  #1873  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Posts: 242
Originally Posted by Love2travel73 View Post
We have booked a club-room for 3 people as our son originally planned to join us. (Which would be a superior room with club access)
with the new room categories it will be difficult to decipher if we will receive the upgrade we are entitled to, or they will use the fact that only two people shows up to avoid an real upgrade.

Last month we were at Intercontinental Marseille, and actually got a significant downgrade. Damn I got mad. They actually tried to tell me that their 5 star hotel rooms did not include any chairs or coffetables and that their own pictures were misleading. They found a solution, but could not give us the excecutive room we had booked originally as that would have made their lies very obvious. Imagine being told you get an upgrade and then clearly receiving the sucker-room, that looked and was equipped as a 2 star room.

as Easter is just as busy as Valentine, I believe upgrades will be difficult to obtain, but we will see.
I'll let you know how I get along. However, I am not holding my breath.
Love2travel73 likes this.
TheWiseOne is offline  
Old Mar 30, 22, 8:50 am
  #1874  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Posts: 34,044
I probably posted this fact 5+ years ago, so it should be repeated now. If you have booked Club, do NOT check in at the front desk. Go up to the 1st floor and check in at the club. You will have a much better chance of an upgrade if you check in at the club.
Love2travel73, 336, ARR72 and 1 others like this.
stimpy is offline  
Old Mar 30, 22, 1:34 pm
  #1875  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 159
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
I probably posted this fact 5+ years ago, so it should be repeated now. If you have booked Club, do NOT check in at the front desk. Go up to the 1st floor and check in at the club. You will have a much better chance of an upgrade if you check in at the club.
great advise, we will do that.

How difficult is it to find your way up from the reception to the club,? I understand it is a huge hotel
Love2travel73 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread