IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 11, 19, 10:58 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: agjil
Wiki Link
Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 26, 22, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by HadesNL View Post
Any recommendations for easy (walkable) dinner options in the neighbourhood?
I generally get out of the neighborhood for dining as it is too touristy. I've heard this is good though. https://lafontainegaillon.com/le-restaurant/

Or there is Place du March Saint-Honor, which has several decent but small restaurants. I sometimes go to Razowski for a Saturday lunch for the best burgers in Paris.

Or not super far away is Alain Ducasse's Benoit. This is where the new staff train to make it up to the top Ducasse restaurants. Sometimes I have had excellent meals there and sometimes not so great. You never know. But it is always lees expensive than the flagship restaurant.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Feb 26, 22, 6:27 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
We just had dinner at Cafe de la Paix, It was fine if a bit lacking in atmosphere
HadesNL likes this.
Old Feb 27, 22, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
@ninjaladAny recommendations for easy (walkable) dinner options in the neighbourhood?
Le Mesturet (77 Rue de Richelieu) is a typical casual french bistrot, less expensive than stimpy's recommendations. It's 800m from the IC, away from the Opera tourist mob. They have good wines with some classic, and some creative dishes. The chef-owner, Alain Fontaine, has been championing the movement to have UNESCO give french bistrots "intangible cultural heritage" status. See this Time article (paywall, with limited free views) and their website: https://www.bistrotsetcafesdefrance.org/

I also second stimpy's choices in Place du March Saint-Honor. Another classic just south of the place is Le Rubis.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Feb 27, 22, 3:09 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Spire RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
The Printemps du Got is a unique place, with the added bonus of one of the most beautiful views of Paris.

Located on 7th and 8th floor of the Printemps Haussmann building, the Printemps du Got offers a large selection of very good, quite affordable restaurants. And service is smiling.

Lazare is a fabulous brasserie run by chef Eric Frochon

HadesNL likes this.

Last edited by nicolas75; Feb 27, 22 at 5:03 pm
Old Feb 28, 22, 10:39 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Location: AMSTERDAM = one of those attic homes with steepstaircases of death
Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Thank you everyone!
The distance to Place du March Saint-Honor is exactly the amount of walk our elderly parents can manage.
Perfect to have a terrace stop closeby. We are just taking it easy by visiting the Palais Garnier, Le Petite Palais and the Louvre.

I am beginning to wonder if i shouldn't have booked a longer stay just to try out all your culinairy recommendations!
@stimpy : we are going to try out la fontaine galloin, nice to be surprised
@SFOTerry : le mesturet looks inviting and excellent for an easy dinner
@nicolas75 : le printemps du got is a nice unexpected find, nice to combine with a visit to the Parfums Caron at Le Printemps
ARR72 likes this.
Old Mar 1, 22, 3:47 am

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Update:
After mailing the hotel our requests, the booking changed from Club Intercontinental room to an Executive Twin room.
I think the Executive Twin room is the common placeholder before upgrades are allocated.
I remember in the past that they told us most rooms can easily switch from King to Twin bed layout.

Thanks VaBeachGirl for the tip of emailing them in advance for the preference of streetview.!

Last edited by HadesNL; Mar 21, 22 at 2:50 am
Old Mar 1, 22, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Under no circumstances do you want a streetview room overlooking the Opera, because it is now an open-mic busking spot going on late into the night, and Le Grand does not have decent soundproofing.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Mar 1, 22, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is the view you want.

DonPedro likes this.
Old Mar 1, 22, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Raffles View Post
Under no circumstances do you want a streetview room overlooking the Opera, because it is now an open-mic busking spot going on late into the night, and Le Grand does not have decent soundproofing.
The soundproofing has been greatly improved recently. At least in the rooms I've been in. And this time of year there usually isn't a lot of busking going on. It is still a bit chilly and rainy much of the time.
Old Mar 1, 22, 7:51 am

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Spire RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
[MENTION=130767]
Any recommendations for easy (walkable) dinner options in the neighbourhood?
I just had an excellent lunch at Caf Mirette, part of Pernod Ricard cultural foundation.

The restaurant is open only for lunch (with the exception on Thursdays: restaurant is open until 11pm): food is very good (but service can be slow)

Menu

Last edited by nicolas75; Mar 1, 22 at 9:20 am
Old Mar 21, 22, 2:32 am

As always, thankyou nicolas75 : for such extensive documentation!

Last question:
stimpy or Raffles as our own PLG experts,

any insights if the gym has windows to the outside or is it an underground pokey hole with limited ventilation?
Might need to get rid of excess flab but might need to choose a time of day when the space won't be crowded.
Old Mar 21, 22, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unless the gym was moved during renovation, it is in the spa area. It is reached by one of the staircases as it is between the ground and 1st floor. So above ground, but no windows.
Old Mar 22, 22, 11:27 am

IC Le Grand Club Lounge Latest

Hi, wife and I are staying at the IC le grand over Easter weekend and have booked a club room. Any recent visitors got an update on the food offering and whether this has improved from the reduced post Covid fare that had been on offer?
Old Mar 22, 22, 12:37 pm

Programs: MUCCI Classe des Flatteurs Preferes, LH SEN, BA silver, Flying Blue silver, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by msmith11235 View Post
Hi, wife and I are staying at the IC le grand over Easter weekend and have booked a club room. Any recent visitors got an update on the food offering and whether this has improved from the reduced post Covid fare that had been on offer?
Welcome msmith11235 thank you for asking this question. Im planning a trip to Paris and deciding between returning to IC Le Grand or trying out something from Accor, so Im interested to know what the lounge offer is like too.
Old Mar 22, 22, 1:36 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
I was quite happy with the lounge offerings in early February, a nice selection and good quality as were drinks and service
If you are hoping for a more substantial offering for dinner then I suspect not , there isnt a lot of space and IHG cut back on that to offer canaps sweet and savory plus cheeses etc
VaBeachGirl likes this.

Search this Thread