Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Hotel concierge does not respond to emails ([email protected]) - pick up the phone and call instead.

Lounge

120 EUR per room for Ambassadors
150 EUR per room for everyone else
Should be free for all RA's now, for sure if you are a regular guest
Must book club room for free access. Lounge access not part of the regular rate for suites.
Lounge access is included for free with all room categories when you book via a Virtuoso travel agent (see the Luxury Hotels forum if you need one)

Mini-bar
Mini-bar drinks complimentary to RA on both paid and award stays

Update Nov 12 Mini-bar is not complimentary on RA award stays unless you are a regular customer

Print Wikipost

IC Le Grand Paris Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2021, 2:42 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Thanks for the update!

no more Anne Semonin? For me that still smells the best.
Fondly recalling memories of PLG
DonPedro likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I've only been in this junior suite. The Prestige Suites are sold out and they may still have the older products.

I miss the old club, but the new one is ok. Still free flowing Champagne all day. As noted above, they have not yet brought back the hot dishes in the evening. But they expect it will be back sometime in 2022. Maybe after the holidays. It's weird that they cook eggs to order at breakfast, but can't have hot food in the evening? The tables are a bit larger than the old club and can hold more breakfast plates, which is nice.

The mini-bar is still empty, but I had them bring up some drinks on the first night. And a small Nespresso machine. They have a pro model Nespresso in the club, with what is labeled Grand Cru capsules. I'm not sure what the difference is. They also have a "regular" coffee machine. It might be the one from the old club, but I'm not sure.
HadesNL and DonPedro like this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 1:29 pm

Programs: QF Plat, IHG RA, Marriott Plat
Hi everyone, any feedback you have on RA upgrades here would be welcome.

It seems that booking a classic room usually gets upgraded to minimum Executive Junior Suite. Way above the two level upgrade, and typical of the great service at this place.

Classic > Superior > Executive > Junior Suite > Exec Jr Suite.

Does anyone have recent experience of booking a higher basic room and getting upgraded beyond Exec Jr Suite?

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 29, 2021, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DonPedro
Hi everyone, any feedback you have on RA upgrades here would be welcome.

It seems that booking a classic room usually gets upgraded to minimum Executive Junior Suite. Way above the two level upgrade, and typical of the great service at this place.

Classic > Superior > Executive > Junior Suite > Exec Jr Suite.

Does anyone have recent experience of booking a higher basic room and getting upgraded beyond Exec Jr Suite?

Thanks in advance!
IME it depends on your loyalty to this hotel. I have been staying here for over 20 years and generally get a Prestige Suite when booking classic. Sometimes even higher. But if I book an Exec room, I definitely get a Prestige suite or higher. Of course this is all YMMV.
DonPedro likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 4:22 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Went every half year to PLG:

I like to add that just before covid hit spring 2020:
the classic room was upgraded to junior suite

way before that time, when i booked a junior suite i got prestige or even ambassador suite.

They were very welcoming to RA !
VaBeachGirl and DonPedro like this.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 5:11 pm

Thanks Stimpy and Hades.
@Hades - also had some amazing upgrades in the past, way beyond standard RA, these stopped when the refurb started.

Although of course classic to junior suite is also fantastic.

Last edited by DonPedro; Dec 31, 2021 at 11:56 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Jan 1, 2022, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I should note for tourists that the area around the hotel has seen an increase in criminality and you should take care. I would recommend that women and young people stay in groups. The police seem to have removed their visible presence these days. It is not so bad that you should not come to Paris and enjoy yourselves. Just be aware that there are predators on the streets looking for easy money.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 12:05 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by stimpy
I should note for tourists that the area around the hotel has seen an increase in criminality and you should take care. I would recommend that women and young people stay in groups. The police seem to have removed their visible presence these days. It is not so bad that you should not come to Paris and enjoy yourselves. Just be aware that there are predators on the streets looking for easy money.
I just spent a week a few blocks from there at the Indigo Paris Opera and hadn't noticed anyone particularly threatening (I should note that I'm a native New Yorker, so I'm somewhat cautious and defensive by nature). I've spent every Christmas week in Paris for the past decade (except 2020) and always stay in the Opera area and, other than all the masks, this trip felt no different.

I'm curious, by criminality, do you mean pickpockets? Or something more nefarious?
Admiral Ackbar and ARR72 like this.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ShopAround
I just spent a week a few blocks from there at the Indigo Paris Opera and hadn't noticed anyone particularly threatening (I should note that I'm a native New Yorker, so I'm somewhat cautious and defensive by nature). I've spent every Christmas week in Paris for the past decade (except 2020) and always stay in the Opera area and, other than all the masks, this trip felt no different.

I'm curious, by criminality, do you mean pickpockets? Or something more nefarious?
Well if you are a native NY'er you would not likely be targeted by one of these muggers. They seem to go after people who will not put up a defense. Like young teenagers for instance. And I'm talking about muggings with a knife. I too go to this hotel with family every year for NYE (at a nearby hotel in 2020 though) and I have noticed a lack of police presence since COVID. Although there is probably more to it that just COVID. The police seem to barricade themselves in the stations and only go out when they have to. If you walk by a police station in Paris these days, there are barriers blocking the entrance. There could be undercover police out there and I hope there are, but you just don't see uniformed officers in the area like you used to.

Again, this shouldn't stop people from coming to Paris and I certainly won't stop. I simply suggest to not assume that the area is 100% safe. Especially for people who might appear to be vulnerable to a predator.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 1:52 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by stimpy
Well if you are a native NY'er you would not likely be targeted by one of these muggers. They seem to go after people who will not put up a defense. Like young teenagers for instance. And I'm talking about muggings with a knife.
Wow. I'm glad I read this after my trip, although I wouldn't have changed my plans to stay in the area. But I walked back to my hotel from the metro alone quite late at night more than once and would have been much more uneasy doing that had I known about the local crime issue.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Forgot to mention, I tried a speedtest in my room and it was over 100Mbps in both directions. So maybe they upgraded the Internet with the renovation. I don't recall it being that good before.

Date du test : 28 déc. 2021 23:49
DESCENDANT : 111 Mbps
ASCENDANT : 108 Mbps
Ping : 3 ms
TYPE DE CONNEXION : Wifi
Serveur : Paris
Latitude : 48,8705631791383
Longitude : 2,33180048965364
SFOTerry and DonPedro like this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 8:40 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
I'll be checking in this Thursday, looking forward to returning! It has been a few years since my last stay (stayed at the other IC during my last trip to Paris in January 2020).

I'm an RA, booked a Classic Room at Best Flex Rate. Is the typical RA upgrade to a Junior Suite as suggested above? I'm traveling by myself and it looks like my room was changed to Twin Beds Opera View. Would definitely prefer not to have a room with 2 twins, so hoping they will readjust the day of my arrival?

it doesn't look like any Exec Rooms are available for the nights I'm there but I'm pretty sure I was upgraded to a Junior Suite or Exec my last 2 stays.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VaBeachGirl
I'll be checking in this Thursday, looking forward to returning! It has been a few years since my last stay (stayed at the other IC during my last trip to Paris in January 2020).

I'm an RA, booked a Classic Room at Best Flex Rate. Is the typical RA upgrade to a Junior Suite as suggested above? I'm traveling by myself and it looks like my room was changed to Twin Beds Opera View. Would definitely prefer not to have a room with 2 twins, so hoping they will readjust the day of my arrival?

it doesn't look like any Exec Rooms are available for the nights I'm there but I'm pretty sure I was upgraded to a Junior Suite or Exec my last 2 stays.
It couldn't hurt to ring them up and let them know your preferences. The hotel is big enough that they should be able to accommodate you when you check in, unless there is a big conference or something going on. Oh wait, the January sale period is starting now. Even with COVID I am sure the stores in Paris will be quite busy.
DonPedro likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 3:04 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
Thanks to a flight change by AF I now have a night in Paris , I booked here on points so not expecting much of an upgrade (RA) not that it matter for 12 hours lol
My partner is fairly I’ll so was thinking of eating in the hotel, is Cafe de la Paix ok or should I search something nearby?
Old Jan 12, 2022, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by VaBeachGirl
it looks like my room was changed to Twin Beds Opera View. Would definitely prefer not to have a room with 2 twins, so hoping they will readjust the day of my arrival?
In my experience this is what happens at PLG - this is the room type that appears in the days leading up to arrival. It doesnt mean you’ll get twin beds.

But Stimpy’s advice is also good. No harm in dropping them a friendly email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.