RA Referral Processing Time Master Thread [merged]

Old Aug 11, 2008, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

RA Referral Processing Time Master Thread [merged]

I currently have ambassador status but have been lucky enough to get an RA upgrade certificate from a colleague who knows that I will be using intercontinental hotels for an upcoming vacation trip. My question is how long does it normally take for the RA membership to be processed? I am planning to send by certificate by FedEx tomorrow. And will call the RA line to see if it can be prioritised. My first stay is weekend of 30/31 Aug. Would love to hear any experiences of processing time, and any advice on anything I can do to expedite.
Many thanks
Old Aug 11, 2008, 4:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Mine was processed in two days after it arrived. (This was around 3 weeks ago).
Old Aug 11, 2008, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
ICH says they don't prioritize and it will take about two weeks from receipt in Salt Lake City to process newbies. The kit then takes another couple of weeks depending upon where it is being sent. While you may not have your new kit and card, your status should have changed by the time you start your travels at the end of the month.
Old Aug 12, 2008, 12:31 am

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
My Amb kit arrived 5 business days after I filled in the online form and 3 business days after I replied saying , yes, I really did want to buy Amb status.

Of course not necessarily a relaible indication for RA - I'll update when that arrives.
Old Aug 12, 2008, 6:54 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
I recently became RA via a referrel cert. Status showed up online two days after the cert was received by them. The packet (with the BOGO, 5K cert, and RA referrel cert.) never arrived. I contacted them a few times and finally received the RA packet abaout 6 weeks after sending the referrel cert in.
Old Aug 12, 2008, 4:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
quote:
We would like to advise you that it would take two to three weeks to process the Royal Ambassador Nomination Form
Old Aug 19, 2008, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Answer

To answer my own question ... I sent the cert on Wednesday (delivered Thursday) and I got a call this afternoon to confirm that I had been upgraded to RA. Can't log into my account at the moment to check but assume all is in order.

Last edited by Banie; Dec 15, 2009 at 3:26 pm
Old Aug 19, 2008, 3:44 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by Banie
To answer my own question ... I sent the cert on Wednesday (delivered Thursday) and I got a call this afternoon to confirm that I had been upgraded to RA. Can't log into my account at the moment to check with assume all is in order.
Interesting, they received mine last Thurs and no phone call or update yet...
Old Aug 19, 2008, 4:11 pm

Programs: All of the above
I sent mine on a Tuesday (with tracking) as we were leaving for Europe on the following Sunday. I was a Royal Ambassador by Friday!. I did not have the actual card but printed off a copy of the card from the web site (This showed up on Friday) and brought it with me however the Carlton already had the info on file and I was treated accordingly(Royally!)
Old Aug 25, 2008, 11:50 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 8800: Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.1.11355/546; U; en))

Grr. Its been 11 days. Should I call them or email them and see what's going on?
Old Aug 25, 2008, 12:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Gold, IHG Plat, HH Gold.
I referred a friend in May, he sent the cert in early June and so far, nothing. I have now emailed PC service centre to see what can be done as it had clearly gone missing.
Old Aug 25, 2008, 11:53 pm

Programs: DL GM and so on
Originally Posted by JAT74L
I have now emailed PC service centre to see what can be done as it had clearly gone missing.
I had a similar situation last year when an EMS package was seriously delayed. They repeatedly told me they need the actual certificate, it's your problem if your envelope was lost.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 2:36 am

I sent my cert in on July 31 but haven't seen my status updated yet. I'm starting to get a bit worried, but i'll give it another couple of weeks.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 4:46 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by Angeleno228
I sent my cert in on July 31 but haven't seen my status updated yet. I'm starting to get a bit worried, but i'll give it another couple of weeks.
You should really call them.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by szg
You should really call them.
Having the same problem. Mailed my husbands on July 30th

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.