Benefits on Hotwire bookings? [merged]

Old Aug 1, 2008, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: PC Gold Amb, Virgin, BA
Benefits on Hotwire bookings? [merged]

I've searched the forum and can't find the answer. With Hotwire part of Expedia and Expedia being a travel partner of IHG would I get (any) Ambassador benefits if I was to join up now, ahead of a booking for October made on Hotwire?
Old Aug 1, 2008, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
You may get the stay benefits (water, fruit, welcome amenity, one level upgrade, one pay movie) but not points or credit for the nights stayed. Also, it is up to the property to decide if you could not use one of those rates with the BOGO weekend cert you'd get with your membership. However, if it's any consolation, you would get a 5K PC point cert with your Ambassador kit, so that would make up for not getting the 2K base PC points (plus your elite bonus) for the IC stay. If you plan to do a weekend stay, then it might end up being cheaper to book on the PC site and use the BOGO, then you'll be sure to get full benefits as well as PC points and night credit.

Of course as we often find, benefits can vary from IC to IC and you may hit one that won't even extend Ambassador benefits on a Hotwire stay. There's always that caveat to remember with this program.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: PC Gold Amb, Virgin, BA
Maybe I should have made it clear that the booking in October has already been made.

I made another booking with Holiday Inn yesterday for another trip and signed up to PC then.

The question really is would my IC trip benefit from signing up to Ambassador, upgrade etc? I hadn't even thought about it until yesterday and saw the benefits. I could certainly make use of the BOGO I'd get within six months on a short trip.

The points for this trip aren't that important.

I had thought about contacting customer services but can't get on to their website to find the number to call.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA Gold (4 life), Delta Platinum, Starwood Gold, IC RA
RA Status on Hotwire Purchase

Does anyone know if the IC Barclay recognizes RA status on a hotwire purchase. I know that I will not earn points, but will the room upgrade / minibar be honored. At $150 thru hotwire versus over $300 thru the hotel it doesn't seem worth paying full price thru IC.
Thanks
Old Feb 4, 2009, 6:04 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Take a look here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...-bookings.html
Old Feb 4, 2009, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
I've never booked it via Hotwire, but DID get it once on priceline and the Barclay DID honor free minibar, gift, upgrade, late checkout, the works on my priceline stay.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA Gold (4 life), Delta Platinum, Starwood Gold, IC RA
Smile

Thanks
Old Feb 5, 2009, 7:27 pm

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmboŽ/Oyster/B&Q
I also just got an IC (Toronto-Centre) on Hotwire for about US $260 having just cancelled a CAD $780 booking made through IHG. Got a strange feeling the Club IC upgrade will no longer be forthcoming.Guess i just check in at the Ambassador desk with my Hotwire receipt and my RA card ...and see what happens.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 2:33 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
I've found that your chances of upgrade are better if you have the stay added to your account BEFORE check in -- just call the service center with your confirmation number and ask them to add it to your online account. If the first person says they can't do that, call back until you get someone else who will.
Old Feb 6, 2009, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by kleinms
Does anyone know if the IC Barclay recognizes RA status on a hotwire purchase. I know that I will not earn points, but will the room upgrade / minibar be honored. At $150 thru hotwire versus over $300 thru the hotel it doesn't seem worth paying full price thru IC.
Thanks
I read in somewhere in the T&C that third-party reservations attract the full RA benefits - although those made with points do not.

Of course, that might have been enhanced out of the programme...
Old Feb 6, 2009, 5:38 am

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmboŽ/Oyster/B&Q
Originally Posted by iamthehpt
I've found that your chances of upgrade are better if you have the stay added to your account BEFORE check in -- just call the service center with your confirmation number and ask them to add it to your online account. If the first person says they can't do that, call back until you get someone else who will.

Thanks-great tip and it worked a treat. Reservation is up on my PC account and says 'call for details' on top.Also after whizzing through Amb Ts&Cs...as the previous OP suggests,there doesnt seem to be problem with RA s getting benefits.From what i read it certainly doesn't seem to say they don't.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 8:10 am

Programs: NW, UA
status benefits on hotwire type stay?

staying at o'hare IC on a hotwire (i believe, as someone else booked for me) deal. do i even bother identifying myself as an ambassador? i guess it can't hurt but do ICs by policy honor the status on such bookings?
Old Aug 5, 2009, 10:08 am

The Ohare IC honored my RA benefits on an airline paid distressed traveler booking (though I didn't get stay credit or points). I would suggest that you identify yourself as an Ambassador (perhaps even asking PC to add the reservation to your online reservations). It certainly can't hurt.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 12:45 pm

Programs: F
Yes, they should honor the benefits. Begrudgingly.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 1:45 pm

Programs: NW, UA
thanks to those that replied. i would prefer cheerful accommodation but i'll take the begrudging one since i do not have an expectation.

mod. thanks for merging.. i should have done a better job of searching.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.