Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Contact details (name, email, ..) at ICHG hotels Master Thread [merged]

Old Mar 27, 2007, 9:15 am
uk1
Suspended
Original Poster

I often find myself searching for e-mail addresses for individual properties. Sometimes it's the reservations staff, sometimes I'd like to send a thankyou note to the GM. Finding any info on the main site seems mostly fruitless.

Does anyone know of any published lists - or should we start one?
Old Mar 27, 2007, 12:18 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by uk1
I often find myself searching for e-mail addresses for individual properties. Sometimes it's the reservations staff, sometimes I'd like to send a thankyou note to the GM. Finding any info on the main site seems mostly fruitless.

Good idea!!^
I had the same problem in the past. Not only with the GM's email but also if you want to drop the concierge an email or similar.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can find the email addresses on the Priority Club website. Just select the hotel, go to "Contact Us" and it will list the hotel's email address.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 2:37 pm
uk1
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
You can find the email addresses on the Priority Club website. Just select the hotel, go to "Contact Us" and it will list the hotel's email address.
Thanks - that does offer a single general contact which is useful - I was hoping for a list of specific names and failing that functions.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uk1
Thanks - that does offer a single general contact which is useful - I was hoping for a list of specific names and failing that functions.
Gacha, I agree that such a list would be very useful!^
Old Mar 27, 2007, 4:41 pm

Programs: Marriott: Platinum, AAdvantage: Gold
Me too, especially since the ones online are not necessarily correct! I just spent a week trying to get in touch with the IC Beachcomber Tahiti because the one online was incorrect, then the one I received from calling reservations was incorrect, and then the one I received from calling Ambassador was incorrect! I ended up faxing my request to the hotel (as I was concerned with a language barrier and figured it would be easier to do in writing). Luckily, they emailed back so now I do have their email address and was able to easily respond to their questions.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 10:42 pm

Programs: UA / US - PC Plat
Originally Posted by uk1

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
I agree that such a list would be very useful!^
Great idea, how about mods making a "Sticky" that way, it will save trolling through loads of threads / posts.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 11:01 pm

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Ummm....I'm no expert on this, but perhaps the moderators can advise if posting contact details of hotel employees that are not otherwise published on the respective hotel's website (or any other public location) would be violating the FT TOS.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 11:36 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Some of the smaller HI's and HIX's that are run on a shoestring budget typically have only 1 email address... and the staff uses their personal emails to get work done. I remember getting a business card at an HI in SC that had an email address of something like [email protected] (not the real email!), and was a bit appalled, since this was a sales manager whose card I had gotten, not a bottom of the barrel hourly.

Typically, you can call the hotel directly and if you get a halfway knowledgable employee, they'll be able to give you the email address over the phone.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 12:22 am
uk1
Suspended
Original Poster

This does seem to strike some support and to address some of the points.

1. I'm trying to avoid having to call hotels to ask for e-mail addresses - that's too much to do!

2. If the name is published and the telephone number I see no issue with us having the e-mail address as long as we use the generics of say xyzatichotelgroup.com so the forums can't be trawled for spam fodder. Even better if it were bangkokreservationsat......... or bangkokGMat...... then I think it's even better. I prefer the use of generics - concierge at IC's I suspect are all generics as it's now a discrete programme accross the product.

I hate to give away my best secrets but I have to say that whereas the forums contain many people offering information about complaints and complaint resolution methods, I get most of my excellent service from IC properties because I always take the trouble to write and say thanks for good service, and hardly ever bother with complaints.

I realised how much this helped me once when I was startled by how much good service I'd received on a second visit to a property having written a thankyou after the first - and was told by a member of staff - and I repeat verbatim - "Excellent customers always receive excellent service". That taught me a lot - including the startling realisation that my comfort is influenced more by how I compliment than by any complaints. If this thread with contacts helps people say thank you more - and therefore leads to more contented IC employees and improved service then this has to be good. I want to emphasise that by putting this forward as an idea - I don't want this to be merely an easier way to make more effective complaints - but it should be used also for more positive contacts!

I'd love to see a sticky if this complies with the rules where we use the header for the property name and have a format of say:

Town/City:
Property:
Position:
Name:
E-mail address:

What do others think?
Old Mar 28, 2007, 5:24 am

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Word of warning - The Los Angeles IC email address is either sending emails to the wrong place or the staff ignore them. One even came back from the server with an error saying it couldn't be delivered.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 11:07 am

Programs: FD silver, PC plat. royal ambassador, SPG gold, HH gold, MR silver
Originally Posted by flyclub
Word of warning - The Los Angeles IC email address is either sending emails to the wrong place or the staff ignore them. One even came back from the server with an error saying it couldn't be delivered.

That explains why I haven't received any reply from them so far If you have another emial adress to contact them, please PM me
Old Mar 28, 2007, 11:13 am
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by flyclub
Try these... send them with a send/read receipt.

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]
Old Mar 28, 2007, 12:45 pm

Great, thanks^ ^
Old Mar 29, 2007, 4:09 pm

Well, these e-mail adresses work really great:
PHP Code:
Your message

To
:      AndrewsEdward (IHG-LAXHA)

Cc:      

Subjectreward night at the IC LA
  Sent
:    Wed28 Mar 2007 16:12:23 -0400

was deleted without being read on Wed
28 Mar 2007 20:13:14 -0400 

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.