Purchase Ambassador Status? [merged]

Old Jan 11, 2008, 8:26 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Purchase Ambassador Status? [merged]

Hi,

I did do a search, but could not find anything.

I have seen reference to purchasing Ambassador Status, but cannot find any information on how to do this.

Many thanks.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 8:49 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Emerald Aisle Executive
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/...mbassador.html
Old Jan 12, 2008, 2:16 pm

Programs: Delta Million Miler / Plat, ICH RA Plat, Gold Father, Nickel Husband
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Hi,

I did do a search, but could not find anything.

I have seen reference to purchasing Ambassador Status, but cannot find any information on how to do this.

Many thanks.
You can also call the Amb Help Desk and they should take your order.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 9:25 am

Programs: United 1K,Marriott Platinum Premier,IHC Platinum Ambassador,Hilton Gold
I have purchased Ambassador status for the past 5 years..I do Not get any benefit from it other than a card that says Ambassador (and does nothing for you at CP or HI) and the 5k coupon..If you dont stay at IC propeties..this card does Not benefit you..do the math..
Old Jan 13, 2008, 12:42 pm

Programs: * Alliance Gold
I can see you're a Plat and Ambassador, how different are the upgrades you get because you're an Ambassador compared to being Platinum?
Old Jan 13, 2008, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Ambassador benefits only apply at IC branded properties and result in the set of benefits associated with this program. There are no Priority Club benefits at ICs other than the earning of 2K PC points per stay (+ elite bonus).

All Ambassadors are either PC Golds or Platinums, but not all PC Golds or Platinums are Ambassadors. And all Royal Ambassadors are PC Platinums.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 11:58 pm

Programs: DL GM and so on
I noticed that recently the Ambassador desk tries to ensure that you know what you are doing:

Prior to processing your Ambassador enrollment to your account, we would like to inform you that all the Ambassador privileges are exclusively applied and honored for each paying reservation at our 140 InterContinental Hotels & Resorts property worldwide. The benefits are not extended at our other brand of hotels, namely: Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, Express by Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites and Hotel Indigo.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 1:26 am

Programs: PC RA, Hertz PC, (Flybe) Premier card, Tesco Platinum
Originally Posted by CAL PHL FLYER
I have purchased Ambassador status for the past 5 years..I do Not get any benefit from it other than a card that says Ambassador (and does nothing for you at CP or HI) and the 5k coupon..If you dont stay at IC propeties..this card does Not benefit you..do the math..
Then why bother for the last four years ?

Personally, I have found Amb (and now RA) very useful indeed.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 2:46 am

Maybe someone can help with my query...

Im going to San Fran in September this year and staying four nights, (Friday-Tuesday) and planning on staying at the new IC.

The advance rate is pretty impressive of $180-$210 per night.
Was going to purchase Ambassador at the end of March and then book as follows:

Fri/Sat as a Advance Purchase
Sun as Best flexible (then use BOGOF Cert)
Mon as Advance Purchase

Would this be the best way of booking it and I am right that the BOGOF can be used Saturday or Sunday?
As the advance rate may go up would I be better booking it like this and then when I purchase Ambassador (March) e-mail the hotel and let them know of my status?

Thanks
Old Jan 14, 2008, 9:43 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by crow99
Maybe someone can help with my query...

Im going to San Fran in September this year and staying four nights, (Friday-Tuesday) and planning on staying at the new IC.

The advance rate is pretty impressive of $180-$210 per night.
Was going to purchase Ambassador at the end of March and then book as follows:

Fri/Sat as a Advance Purchase
Sun as Best flexible (then use BOGOF Cert)
Mon as Advance Purchase

Would this be the best way of booking it and I am right that the BOGOF can be used Saturday or Sunday?
As the advance rate may go up would I be better booking it like this and then when I purchase Ambassador (March) e-mail the hotel and let them know of my status?

Thanks

Yes - to all questions

When you contact the hotel after you have become an Ambassador, you can do so in the context of trying to confirm what upgrade you can expect (normally one level for Ambassadors). While it would no doubt be nice for you to have your card in time for your stay, if you are interested in working towards securing Royal Ambassador Status in the future, please keep in mind that for RA status, they count your stays (which must include at least three different ICs) during the 12 months from when you become an Ambassador, not from January - December (unless that is when you purchase Ambassador) as is the case for Status with Priority Club (towards securing Gold and Platinum).

For this reason, unless you have a lot of stays between now and September, you may wish to think carefully about when you want to purchase Ambassador to maximise your stays during the twelve months of your membership.

Enjoy your stay.

Last edited by Club_IC; Jan 14, 2008 at 10:02 am
Old Jan 14, 2008, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by CAL PHL FLYER

Then why keep renewing? Have you never used the Wkend BOGO cert? Is it just for Gold PC status that also comes along with it?
Old Jan 14, 2008, 10:31 am

Programs: United Silver, PC Plat/Amb, HH Dmnd
For me the BOGO + 5k voucher makes it worthwhile. A weekend night at most ICs is more than the cost of the membership.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 12:48 pm

Programs: LH M&M SEN *G, Priority Club Plat. RA
Hello

I am also thinking of getting Ambassador Status. In my opinion I guess that the membership pays for itself due to the bogo. And since I am in the Euro region it is very affordable too. It would be interesting to hear about the upgrade at check-in. Is it always granted? At the RA thread it seems that it works quite fine, but what about simple Amb.?

Cheers
aquaguy
Old Jan 14, 2008, 12:52 pm

Programs: DL GM and so on
Originally Posted by aquaguy
but what about simple Amb.?
Hotels must provide you a one level upgrade. For ordinary Ambassadors further upgrades are very rare.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 1:04 pm

Programs: LH M&M SEN *G, Priority Club Plat. RA
Hello paulmoscow

Thank you for your fast and always very helpful answers.

So basically, when I book standard room, I can expect superior, when book superior, I should get deluxe and so on.

Cheers

aquaguy

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.