Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Bangkok Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2015, 11:07 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
I'm curious as well

I have a three night "award" stay using my Into the Night free nights starting on Tuesday, so interested in the recent experience with UPG/club access.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rbAA
I have a three night "award" stay using my Into the Night free nights starting on Tuesday, so interested in the recent experience with UPG/club access.
I am only a Ambassador now but I booked base room a couple of weeks back and got club access. Not sure if this helps as it wasn't a award.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 11:11 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by onlysuites
I am only a Ambassador now but I booked base room a couple of weeks back and got club access. Not sure if this helps as it wasn't a award.
As an RA, IC Bangkok always update my base room to Club the day after I book even if booking well in advance.

As such this scenario probably applied to you and the hotel honoured original upgrade w/o checking if you were still an RA at checkin time

I never use award nights here as my personal rate is a fair bit less than $245 (35k points) but I believe RAs on awards get Club just like on paid stays.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 2:31 pm

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold
IC Bangkok Master Thread [merged]

Any recent experience for Plat AMB using free nights and points?staying 6 nights in june and club would be a very pleased premium.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 7:41 am

Programs: IHG
Club Lounge Special Evenings

Just finishing a seven night stay.

Club Lounge Manager Mr H. T. has initiated a new weekly special event.

Tonight, Wednesday 1st April was a Thai Iced Tea evening with a traditional display of the process involved in making the drink.

Next Wednesday will be a Thai cooking class with Lounge guests invited to participate.

Each Wednesday a new event will take place for a 'trial period '.

I tried the tea but swapped it for a cocktail :-)
Picture below.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 7:46 am

Programs: IHG

Old Apr 1, 2015, 2:34 pm

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
Just back

Just returned from a 2 night weekend BOGO Ambassador stay and I have to say I was really impressed .

Booked club room and upgraded to corner suite in great condition. Welcome gift of teddy bear, great for the kids .

I thought the club lounge food & beverage offers were of a very high standard compared to other Intercontinentals I have stayed in and overall value for money was exceptional .
Old Jun 22, 2015, 3:42 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, LH / *A Gold, BA Bronze
Just used my earned points on 3 nights with my girlfriend. I e-mailed them upfront and received a room in the 27th floor with a view towards Siam Paragon.

In my opinion the big plus points are the location (3min walk to Central World, 5min walk to Siam Paragon - great to go watch a movie!, BTS Chit Lom just up the stairs), the pool on top floor, and the overall friendly staff. The room was alright, however, it feels a bit outdated and in need of a reservation. Having staid at the IC in Al-Hofuf (Saudi Arabia) previously this year, where this was also true, it seems to me that this is a general problem of Intercontinental (except for the great Intercontinental at Dubai Festival City where I enjoyed my time a lot!). Right next doors is a Holiday Inn by the way.

I didn't feel any benefits from being Gold besides a welcome letter and a voucher for two welcome drinks in the bar on ground floor ("Balcony"), which could be used for beers, softdrinks and mocktails. The "Moneypenny" mocktail was so nice though, I bought another one the next day.

Didn't care for breakfast as Bangkok has plenty to offer in its food courts on the shopping malls (50 THB meals available at Terminal 21 and MBK, more like 120 THB available in Siam Paragon). We got a cab from the Intercontinental to the airport for 300 THB - make sure you insist on using a meter and don't accept if the driver demands more than what the meter says - our meter was at 240 THB, but I just went for a generous tip. Using the airport link will not be nearly as comfortable, as you will need to change twice (Makkasan and Asok).
Old Jun 22, 2015, 1:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Frab1
Using the airport link will not be nearly as comfortable, as you will need to change twice (Makkasan and Asok).
Going the other way from Chit Lom and changing onto ARL at Phaya Thai is better and much easier exchange! 25B for BTS then 45B for ARL City Line.

Might not be as comfy, but its safer!
Old Jun 22, 2015, 9:42 pm

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Hi

I have an upcoming 2 night stay in BKK. Is the corner suite better than the normal IC club room? From past reviews, it seems that the corner suite may not be the best given that the bedroom seems smaller as more space is allotted to the living room.

Any comments is greatly appreciated. thanks!
Old Jun 22, 2015, 10:04 pm
Suspended

If you're going to spend your days in the bedroom, it might be a bit small, granted.

I prefer the larger living area, so am always happy with the corner suite.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 9:36 am

I booked the standard room (paid corp rate) as a gold ambassador a few days ago and my reservation is now showing KING BED EXECUTIVE DELUXE. I looked over the last couple of pages curious to see if club access is given to non RAs but most/all of the discussion is regarding point stays. Anyone have recent experience on a paid stay as an ambassador getting club access?
Old Jun 27, 2015, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by greendx
I booked the standard room (paid corp rate) as a gold ambassador a few days ago and my reservation is now showing KING BED EXECUTIVE DELUXE. I looked over the last couple of pages curious to see if club access is given to non RAs but most/all of the discussion is regarding point stays. Anyone have recent experience on a paid stay as an ambassador getting club access?
As Ambassador you have to pay for lounge access
Old Jun 27, 2015, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by scubaccr
As Ambassador you have to pay for lounge access
Thanks I'm aware what the program rules are. I'm asking for specific recent experience at this property since some ICs give lounge access to ambassadors.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by greendx
Thanks I'm aware what the program rules are. I'm asking for specific recent experience at this property since some ICs give lounge access to ambassadors.
Well since this thread is specific to IC Bangkok (and not a generic Ambassador thread) the response that Ambassador will have to pay for lounge refers in the above instance to this particular thread and thus this specific IC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.