Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental Bangkok Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2014, 7:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
I booked cheapest room for two weekends in July. I was upgraded the day after to King Bed InterContinental Club room. Will be nice to try this hotel for the first time. Never been to Thailand except the airport.
Old May 1, 2014, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Both RA and Amb would upgrade 1-level from corner suite to one of the ambassador suites.

IC's do not have to upgrade to speciality suites, like diplomatic, royal presidential.

If hotel is full, on occasion RAs get lucky and can get better than Ambassador Suite. However the IC would rather keep empty in case can be sold, so an RA on a longer stay is less likely to get lucky than an RA/Amb on a short visit.
The upgrade from a corner suite is just a big room which would be a stretch to describe as a junior suite. You need a 2 category upgrade from a corner suite for it to be worthwhile, that is I think an Exec Suite.

The lounge and pool are I think on the 37th floor.
Old May 1, 2014, 8:03 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
The upgrade from a corner suite is just a big room which would be a stretch to describe as a junior suite. You need a 2 category upgrade from a corner suite for it to be worthwhile, that is I think an Exec Suite.

The lounge and pool are I think on the 37th floor.
I have stayed at a suite before at this property, I think it was a corner suite, and it was far better than any sort of junior suite. Are you saying the upgrade from a corner suite is to a room that would not even be as good as a junior suite?! Sounds like a downgrade.
Old May 1, 2014, 8:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by whimike
I have stayed at a suite before at this property, I think it was a corner suite, and it was far better than any sort of junior suite. Are you saying the upgrade from a corner suite is to a room that would not even be as good as a junior suite?! Sounds like a downgrade.
The executive suite is one that I prefer to the corner suite and wouldn't call it a downgrade.
Old May 2, 2014, 12:07 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
The executive suite is one that I prefer to the corner suite and wouldn't call it a downgrade.
Dave, how were you able to get an executive suite, did you book it? The last few posts are stating that RA's will only get a 1-catgeory upgrade to a room worse than a junior suite if you book a corner suite. Sounds improbable, but who knows?
Old May 2, 2014, 5:58 pm

Programs: IHG
For information purposes, below is a full list of room types unseen on IHG.com
I took this picture during my visit in January.
Please forgive my phone and hand in the reflection.

Last edited by midnight; May 2, 2014 at 6:05 pm
Old May 2, 2014, 5:59 pm

Programs: IHG
Old May 2, 2014, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by whimike
Dave, how were you able to get an executive suite, did you book it? The last few posts are stating that RA's will only get a 1-catgeory upgrade to a room worse than a junior suite if you book a corner suite. Sounds improbable, but who knows?
I will caveat that I may be misremembering the room category name, but I thought it said executive suite on the door. It was primarily a large room and less suite like than the corner suite , however I prefered it as a room and wouldnt call it a downgrade
Old May 2, 2014, 10:51 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
I will caveat that I may be misremembering the room category name, but I thought it said executive suite on the door. It was primarily a large room and less suite like than the corner suite , however I prefered it as a room and wouldnt call it a downgrade
Sometimes separate rooms work, sometimes a single much larger room wins out over two separate smallish rooms. I do not feel cheated to get the upgrade suite when it is a single big room over the corner suite 2x room setup.

For IC Bangkok I don't find corner suites layout/sizing here that great and take the deluxe club for less money because I prefer the layout.

To some extent I don't need separate rooms if traveling solo and do prefer two rooms when with staying my other half.
Old May 3, 2014, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Exec Suite I think is a traditional 2 room suite occupying the space of 2 normal sized hotel rooms.
Old May 3, 2014, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by midnight
For information purposes, below is a full list of room types unseen on IHG.com
I took this picture during my visit in January.
Please forgive my phone and hand in the reflection.
Interesting list although the quoted prices are way out of line with typically prevailing room costs.
Old May 3, 2014, 5:59 am

The Exec Suite I think is a traditional 2 room suite occupying the space of 2 normal sized hotel rooms.
If that is the case, then I have misremembered the name; I did think that that was what it said on the door but is a while back
Old May 3, 2014, 8:37 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Interesting list although the quoted prices are way out of line with typically prevailing room costs.

Not really those will be the 'Walk up rates' as against pre booking online.

In Europe the disparity between online and walk up rates is usually far far greater
Old May 4, 2014, 3:57 am

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
Executive Suite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htzDMHjrDxk
Old May 4, 2014, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by Raynyan
That is the room layout I was thinking of

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.