Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv Beach (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2020, 11:03 am

Stayed in Jul 19 at CP with family & had two rooms. Under my husband (Spire) got an upgrade to a suite plus club access (evening bites, dessert, breakfast). For the room in my name (platinum), had an upgrade to a renovated room on top floor but no lounge access. That room was actually nicer (though less spacious) than the suite we got under my husband's name.
Have stayed multiple times at both CP & IC. At IC there's better service, much nicer pool, and overall the hotel grounds are nicer. We also love that it's a ~5 min walk to the market and near many cheap parking lots if you don't want to pay hotel rates. With the CP you get beachfront and if Spire, club lounge. For those reasons we've moved our stays to CP recently.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 4:24 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by awexler
Stayed in Jul 19 at CP with family & had two rooms. Under my husband (Spire) got an upgrade to a suite plus club access (evening bites, dessert, breakfast). For the room in my name (platinum), had an upgrade to a renovated room on top floor but no lounge access. That room was actually nicer (though less spacious) than the suite we got under my husband's name.
Have stayed multiple times at both CP & IC. At IC there's better service, much nicer pool, and overall the hotel grounds are nicer. We also love that it's a ~5 min walk to the market and near many cheap parking lots if you don't want to pay hotel rates. With the CP you get beachfront and if Spire, club lounge. For those reasons we've moved our stays to CP recently.
Were your stays on points? I have an upcoming stay in April and I am hoping for club access as a Spire Amb. That said, as I am getting 0.75p a point I probably cannot complain if the upgrade is only extended to people who have paid for their stays.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
I stayed in December. As Spire I was given Club access (in the basement with beach view). Nice selections. I had a non-updated room however.
Must be new (ish), as the last time I stayed there the club was on one of the top floors.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 3:30 pm

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
Originally Posted by TheWiseOne
Were your stays on points? I have an upcoming stay in April and I am hoping for club access as a Spire Amb. That said, as I am getting 0.75p a point I probably cannot complain if the upgrade is only extended to people who have paid for their stays.
I stayed on points in September 2019 . I was given lounge access as one of the Spire welcome amenities options . Lounge was also offered at the CP Tel Aviv City Centre and CP Jerusalem .
Old Feb 15, 2020, 5:35 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by crombiestone
I stayed on points in September 2019 . I was given lounge access as one of the Spire welcome amenities options . Lounge was also offered at the CP Tel Aviv City Centre and CP Jerusalem .
Great! I am also staying at the Jerusalem property on points as well so this is great news. Thank you for confirming.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 6:36 pm
LHG

Programs: AS MVP Gold and hotel status through their credit cards as needed :)
Staying on points in May as a Platinum. Is the lounge nice enough to pay extra for? Or are there enough places nearby worth eating at? (Our first trip to Tel Aviv for a wedding). Friends staying nearby at a Marriott....
Thanks
Old Feb 22, 2020, 4:47 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by LHG
Staying on points in May as a Platinum. Is the lounge nice enough to pay extra for? Or are there enough places nearby worth eating at? (Our first trip to Tel Aviv for a wedding). Friends staying nearby at a Marriott....
Thanks
many amazing places to eat in Tel Aviv. Definitely don’t eat in the hotel
LHG likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 4:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LHG
Thanks
Walk out and south (right) 50 steps to the crosswalk/light. Cross Harkalom and walk east about 4 blocks. You will cut a major street with eats and drinks galore running north and south.

The breakfast is excellent in the hotel. Other meals go off property
LHG likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Walk out and south (right) 50 steps to the crosswalk/light. Cross Harkalom and walk east about 4 blocks
Assume you mean Hayarkon?
Old Jul 7, 2021, 10:43 pm

All renovated?

Has anyone been to the cp on the beach recently/can confirm whether ALL rooms were renovated (the pics look great) or if some are still old?
Old Nov 26, 2021, 5:12 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, IHG Spire Amb
I’m here now. 3 rooms on points, as spire. Upgraded to exec floor 14, no sure about lounge as there is a conference using it thus far so haven’t been able to get in, seems to be on level 2 while previously reported on 9.

Rooms look refreshed. Clerk was not including breakfast but duty manager was next to him and as I mildly resisted not having included breakfast in Israel, manager stepped in. Not sure what else he said in Hebrew but all 3 rooms are here on exec floor.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
If diamond ambassador, for a 5 night stay, would you chose this hotel or IC if the point differential was 10k points per night?
Old Sep 12, 2023, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by beachfan
If diamond ambassador, for a 5 night stay, would you chose this hotel or IC if the point differential was 10k points per night?
I stayed only once some time ago at Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv beach: location is quite pleasant by the sea and 5 minutes walk to Dizengoff St, full of trendy restaurants, cafés and boutiques.

Still, I don’t think the whole hotel has been renovated.

InterContinental Tel Aviv is a very solid hotel, with very good service, nice club lounge, pool area and comfortable suites.
beachfan likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 6:36 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
As always location.....

IC David is crossing the street to reach the beach,
Next to a bus hub
Next to Ha Carmel Market for non stop shopping pleasure (closed on shabbos)
Bit of a walk to Rothschild BLVD
The hotel for dignified stays with Mother
Renovated and also fully compliant for those observant
Thread on IC David with photo details by Nicolas and myself :
InterContinental David Tel Aviv [Master Thread]

CP TLV Beach is in the middle of the action / nightlife etc....
The hotel where my 2 partying sons are at home
If going for an active beach holiday the CP is the better located choice
even though
as nicolas mentions renovations seems to drag on a bit,
it is very laid back in atmosphere
example on TA: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re..._District.html Review on 8 SEPT 2023
beachfan and strayersong like this.

Last edited by HadesNL; Sep 12, 2023 at 6:49 am
Old Sep 12, 2023, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Is one better than the other for upgrades on points reservations?

is the pool significantly better at one vs the other? .

we will walk on the beach and swim in the pool.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.