Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv Beach (Master Thread)

Old Apr 26, 2009, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone know how much the club supplement is at the CP?
Old Apr 27, 2009, 1:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nicolas75
But I prefer the location of CP (directlly by the sea)
The breakfast is quite nice too (overlooking said beach/sea).

(caveat: 18 months old comment)
Old Sep 17, 2010, 1:38 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
CP TLV on the beach

Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv (Beach)
Actually on the beach (Gordon beach) with a door in the basement that opens at 10:00 to give direct access. Almost opposite the Hertz rental office on Hayarkon St.
Hotel
Lobby large with a bar at the furthest end.
Booked with award points and upgraded (Platinum member) to an executive room (Floors 12 and higher)
Large room with huge LCD TV, modern bathroom (no bath-just two shower heads) Weird see through bathroom door (with mirrors opposite in the corridor) that meant if your partner is using the loo then you have to literally hide in the walk in cupboard to avoid any embarrassing sights!
Huge double bed with soft cotton sheets, balcony with a view (our side was the Marina) other side is the pool and Gordon and Frishman beaches.
Noisy road runs alongside and beach bars are close by so a high floor is recommended.
Upgrade gave us access to the business lounge on floor 9. (Not sure if it should-never mentioned at check-in). Business lounge has two Internet terminals (painfully slow at times) and a printer\copier\fax machine. Breakfast served at 07:00 until about 11:00. Two cereals, hot pancakes and another egg product. Breads and jams along with salads and tuna fish (same as the evening). Coffee and tea along with Orange and Lemon juice.
Outside 11:00 to about 16:30 sweet nibbles available along with coffee/tea\juices
Some soft drinks and beer (local and Heineken) either is put out or just ask.

16:30-17:00- 21:00 Evening nibbles being salads, tuna fish, smoked mackerel and others, two hot items (varied and often indescribable!) Red and white wine, Cava, beer and then later spirits. Whiskey, Vodka , Tequila, Campari, Martini.
Overall the lounge was good for snacks though not for main meals. I believe this should have cost and extra $60 per day but we were not charged. No-one checked room numbers on entry.

Pool is free and is indoor\outdoor-(the roof extends\retracts). Reasonably large and well maintained The surrounds are showing their age but I saw all areas being cleaned on a daily rota. All the staff were very good and polite.

Quite during the week, but as we stayed over the Jewish New Year , lobby and hotel became very crowded with families for a few days. Pool coped well with the extra guests, though towels became scarce in the afternoon.
Taxi to airport on Sabbath cost 165NIS, should be slightly cheaper on a working day.
Overall a very nice relaxing stay in an upgraded modern room with an extra bonus of access to the Business lounge.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 11:03 am

I have a one night Award stay at the Crowne Plaza at the Beach, and I wrote a nice e-mail to the Hotel asking for an upgrade to Club Room as ,I'm a Platinum member travelling with my wife for our 20 years wedding celebration.
And Yes I got a confirmed Club Room upgrade)
Old Feb 3, 2014, 2:02 am

at check in i got upgraded to Junior suite with a nice sea and marina view.
there was 2 bootle of water and chocolates in the suite dont know if it was for my platinum status or it is usual for all rooms.
I asked about club access and they told me club access is not granted for free for platinums but for 40US Dollars i can get access which i paid .
they lounge is nice on the 9 floor with beautiful sea and city views and a nice dinner buffet from 6-8pm and open bar until 11pm.
Breakfast buffet superb with lot of fish and fruits, good coffee.
excellent value to pay the additional 40 bucks for access for 2 peoples.
the Hotel has a very good location right on the beach and behind are big avenues with lots of bars, restaurants and shops.
would recommend the hotel and also would recommend to pay the extrs 40 bucks even when you alone. no late checkout was possible
Old Aug 31, 2018, 8:34 am

Anyone been recently and know how disruptive the building works are?

https://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hote...il/hoteldetail

We are pleased to announce the Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv Beach hotel is being upgraded inside and out.
Works between: 7:30AM-6:00PM, Sun-Thu, Fridays till 2pm, until October 30th, 2018.
Room balconies are locked, accept for Rosh Hashana holiday.

Guests staying Sun–Thu will have the benefit of free breakfast or free upgrade to the next available room category.
Thank you for your understanding.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 11:28 am

@dave111: I was just there in late July into beginning of August for vacation. I don't recall a ton of noise because I was there from Friday late to early Monday morning (before construction would've started). I was also out and about most of the daytime, so the construction didn't affect me.

The windows are covered with construction dust, so the view is obscured. . .even the Club Lounge had foggy views from the dust-covered windows. The balconies are locked and covered with construction dust/salt/something. It's not pleasant to look at. If you're staying there midweek and need to stay in your room, you will likely notice the noise from the construction. Having said that, it's one of the few hotels that I could tell that has direct access to the beach, but they give you absurdly small beach towels. Overall, I enjoyed my stay there. Good location. . .

Here's an alternative: I also stayed later at the (boutique) Dave Gordon Hotel (also nearby) which was cheaper and had a smaller room, but it was nice, and they had a great staff.
dave111 likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:58 am

@flyernok thanks for the info. have only got a basic room on points - so would be interested to know if i can get free/paid upgrade to room and lounge access.
building works may help with this
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:29 am

@dave111: i also booked on points. i did ask *if my Platinum status included Club Lounge access*. the front desk woman said no, but then she added it to my room at no charge anyway. i wouldn't push the free access though. it seemed like she did it out of kindness. flash your best smile and hope for the best!
dave111 likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:34 am

thanks - will see what happens. Early checkin would be very handy as on overnight flight to tlv.
Otherwise will have to snooze by the pool
Old Mar 8, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Any recent reports?

After two years of Spire with no noticeable difference, I am back to Plat

Staying a week with my wife; chances for update and/or lounge access?

Cool things to do nearby?
Old Dec 24, 2019, 5:51 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Any update on this property for Spires? I am particularlly interested to on what there policy is on upgrades, club access and what the property os like post renovation.

TIA
Old Feb 2, 2020, 1:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k AC 50k BA gold
I just stayed at the IC TLV in Dec and it sucked. SO I wonder if I should try staying at the CP? not much information in this thread.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by TheWiseOne
Any update on this property for Spires? I am particularlly interested to on what there policy is on upgrades, club access and what the property os like post renovation.

TIA
Not certain about upgrades, but Lounge access IS given.
tshirt likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 12:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TheShis
Not certain about upgrades, but Lounge access IS given.
I stayed in December. As Spire I was given Club access (in the basement with beach view). Nice selections. I had a non-updated room however.

Best part for me is breakfast- full scale Israeli style. Awesome! Not sure if given to Spire, it was in my company rate.

Walking distance to local restaurants. I would stay again. Preferably in an updated room

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.