FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   IC London Park Lane Master Thread [merged] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/611395-ic-london-park-lane-master-thread-merged.html)

HadesNL Nov 30, 2023 3:23 am

Glad you managed to get the desired Mayfair !
Whew, what a relief....

Although 1 bedroom suite sounds good in theory, it is indeed the unrenovated lot.....
Please let us know how you experienced the Mayfair Jr, Suite,
It is one of the few room types on this thread we know very limited about ....

Just a quick browse upthread what others have experienced.....
Seems we have a scorecard out for
Unrenovated : cosy, classic, premium, studio suite, 1 bedroom suite
Renovated Mayfair : cosy, classic, 1 bedroom suite, prestige suite
* all sprinkled with some having inner court view / Hyde Park view / city view

* i see there are even balcony rooms at IC PL .....

happychic Nov 30, 2023 12:17 pm

I am doing an overnight stay here on points coming from Glasgow, before heading to LHR to fly home the next day afternoon.

Should I stay at Hilton Park Lane instead? The talk about how bad the unrenovated rooms are kinda make me second guess my original choice now.

Lowly Platinum member.

tvsfrank Dec 1, 2023 12:32 pm

I currently have a 2 cosy rooms booked with points (1 king and one twin) for the first week of March, looking to burn 2 CSUs. I would like to believe that they should have good suite availability during this time, it's still the off-season. What are everyone's thoughts?

Another question - it should be trivial to upgrade to some kind of room that holds 3 people, we are a party of 5 and right now each room holds only 2 people (they ran out of 3 person rooms to book on points recently, should have booked while I was still thinking about it). After we upgrade, they shouldn't give me a hard time for bringing a 3rd person since the upgraded room holds 3 people right? 3rd person is a 7 year old.

Last question - do they have any suites I can use the CSU on that include lounge access? It would be wonderful to not have to pay extra for it for 3 of us.

HadesNL Dec 1, 2023 2:08 pm

The cosy room is really cosy .... It would be impossible to fit in an extra bed....
You would be sleeping the 3 of you together snug in 1 bed, but i don't know if hotel policy allows for this at kid age 7.
Better is to email before hand ....
Because they could be willing to upgrade the room to something larger to accomodate, especially since your kid still falls under adult supervision

Classic room could fit but that is really thight and arranging all the furniture
Premium room has space for an extra bed,
No experience with the jr. suites
Best is the 1 bedroom suite as some come with a sofabed

.... but don't get high hopes on upgrades into Mayfair.
And Atacama40 wrote before that the hotel will do something extra nice for kids, provided informed in advance

IC PL is a bit of an outlier concerning club lounge access, it must be booked always extra on top of your reservation.
All rooms and suites do not offer automatic access (only the "named" suites do but tout ME parks their harem in those)
So email to reservations and ask how much club lounge access will be and even if it possible for your stay date ....
* it can occur that club is "supposedly" at capacity but that is a shallow excuse that at certain times the harem is parked there and wishes no outsiders

i can't advise on CSU unfortunately

HadesNL Dec 1, 2023 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by happychic (Post 35784514)
I am doing an overnight stay here on points coming from Glasgow, before heading to LHR to fly home the next day afternoon.

Should I stay at Hilton Park Lane instead?r.

If it is for 1 night, the unrenovated room at IC PL will suffice for a safe place to sleep and shower ....
I looked at the Hilton PL
https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...refurbishment/
sounds promising but Tripadvisor has its doubts...
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...n_England.html

tvsfrank Dec 1, 2023 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by HadesNL (Post 35787670)
The cosy room is really cosy .... It would be impossible to fit in an extra bed....
You would be sleeping the 3 of you together snug in 1 bed, but i don't know if hotel policy allows for this at kid age 7.
Better is to email before hand ....
Because they could be willing to upgrade the room to something larger to accomodate, especially since your kid still falls under adult supervision

Classic room could fit but that is really thight and arranging all the furniture
Premium room has space for an extra bed,
No experience with the jr. suites
Best is the 1 bedroom suite as some come with a sofabed

.... but don't get high hopes on upgrades into Mayfair.
And Atacama40 wrote before that the hotel will do something extra nice for kids, provided informed in advance

IC PL is a bit of an outlier concerning club lounge access, it must be booked always extra on top of your reservation.
All rooms and suites do not offer automatic access (only the "named" suites do but tout ME parks their harem in those)
So email to reservations and ask how much club lounge access will be and even if it possible for your stay date ....
* it can occur that club is "supposedly" at capacity but that is a shallow excuse that at certain times the harem is parked there and wishes no outsiders

i can't advise on CSU unfortunately

I don't plan on sleeping 3 of us in a 2 person room, I would need to secure an upgrade to a 3 person room, otherwise I will cancel. I have a backup reservation at the Hyatt Regency Blackfriars.
I forgot to mention that I am Diamond with Ambassador (not sure if it matters in this case) and with the Lounge Access milestone award, so I would only need to pay to add access for the other 3. Thanks for the info about capacity, that is good to know, I would have been pretty upset if they only allowed 2 of us in.

daruda Dec 1, 2023 2:53 pm

Just called IHG Service desk to apply CSU on IC London booking:
I have King Classic room booking.

- Agent: it makes no sense to apply CSU, with your Ambassador benefit you'll get upgrade to a suite.
- Me: no sir, it will only be an upgrade to the next level, King Premium for example.
- Agent: no believe me, i'm a supervisor, hotel will upgrade to suite.
- Me: cannot be true, please apply CSU
- Agent: no it's a waste of a CSU, it doesn't make sense.
- Me: okay, can you mail me as proof that i'll get upgraded to a suite?
- Agent: okay, fine.

5mins later now, still waiting on the email :D

tvsfrank Dec 1, 2023 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by daruda (Post 35787785)
Just called IHG Service desk to apply CSU on IC London booking:
I have King Classic room booking.

- Agent: it makes no sense to apply CSU, with your Ambassador benefit you'll get upgrade to a suite.
- Me: no sir, it will only be an upgrade to the next level, King Premium for example.
- Agent: no believe me, i'm a supervisor, hotel will upgrade to suite.
- Me: cannot be true, please apply CSU
- Agent: no it's a waste of a CSU, it doesn't make sense.
- Me: okay, can you mail me as proof that i'll get upgraded to a suite?
- Agent: okay, fine.

5mins later now, still waiting on the email :D

Yeah that doesn't make any sense, the whole point of the CSU is that it is CONFIRMED lol
Did they tell you what your options were for the upgrade? Maybe call back later or tomorrow to get someone else? You called IHG customer service right, not the hotel?

happychic Dec 1, 2023 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by HadesNL (Post 35787697)
If it is for 1 night, the unrenovated room at IC PL will suffice for a safe place to sleep and shower ....
I looked at the Hilton PL
https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...refurbishment/
sounds promising but Tripadvisor has its doubts...
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...n_England.html

Thank you. I will stay put for now with my reservation at IC Park Lane - unless the points required for a reservation change drastically for Hilton Park Lane.

AgEngineer Dec 4, 2023 2:20 am

Originally Posted by Mora (Post 35783273)
Little update: In my rewards night upgrade pool for my stay mid December was the following: King Junior Suite, King Junior Suite Mayfair Floor and 1 Bedroom Suite.
I did of course chose the 1 King Junior Suite Mayfair Floor.
Applying the CSU via the Diamond Hotline was easy and done in less than 3 minutes. I am pleasantly surprised and very happy about this use of my CSU.

I was just offered either a King Junior Suite, King premium Mayfair or a King Premium Park View. I chose the Suite over the other 2 rooms but wondering if i made the right choice. There was no option for a Mayfair suite so chose size over a refurbed room

daruda Dec 5, 2023 10:46 am

Does anyone have an email address of somebody to reach except the standard LONHB.Reservations at ihg.com who are not really supportive regarding upgrade questions?

nicolas75 Dec 5, 2023 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by daruda (Post 35797762)
Does anyone have an email address of somebody to reach except the standard LONHB.Reservations at ihg.com who are not really supportive regarding upgrade questions?

The email is : [email protected] 😂😂

HadesNL Dec 5, 2023 12:28 pm

Upgrade chain

I bet the inhouse reservations team is also subject to the "randomness" of the sheiks and their harem ...
And as such do not want to overpromise and underdeliver concerning upgrades

But the chain of upgrades is divided in

Unrenovated
Cosy >
Classic >
Premium >
jr. suite >
one bedroom suite >
hyde park suite

if one wishes to stay in a renovated room,
one must pay the Mayfair upsell of £100
or force to choose "Mayfair" named room via CSU

Mayfair (renovated)
Mf Cosy >
Mf Classic >
Mf Premium >
Mf jr, suite >
Mf one bedroom suite >
Mf hyde park suite >
Mf prestige suite

BUT:
Because the hotel is built with a layout of the letter A,
There are within each catagories room also different views that can be given as upgrade or being bought at £
- atrium inner court view >
- city scape view >
- parklane view (those inside each | of the \ / A layout) >
- hyde park view >
- royal parks + wellington arch view

* and we have also the balcony room / suite
a distinct class of itself not to be found on the website but is bookable via the IHG-site/app
with balcony views of
- city scape view >
- hyde oark view >
- royal parks + wellington arch view

And do not even attempt to think to get upgraded into the signature suites when tout Qatar is staying:
London >
Palace >
Apsley >
Capital >
Presidential >
Royal

NB: the official AMB/RA upgrade exclusion list:
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...ite%20benefits.

And for IC PL upgrade excluded are for AMB / RA
  • InterContinental London Park Lane:
Signature Suites.
AND
The Mayfair Collection Rooms/Suites are subject to availability

The hotel is however free to go above and beyond with upgrades at their own discretion

AgEngineer Dec 6, 2023 2:10 am

So which would you pick if you were offered a Mayfair premuim or an un-renovated Jnr Suite?

HadesNL Dec 6, 2023 4:12 am

Difficult....,

Those are exactly the room types i've never had the pleasure to experience ....

I think it depends on your needs:
- Jr, Suite : more floorspace to strech out , high % probability of shower+tub combo (no idea about shower curtain)
- Mf Premium : lighter design but smaller room, modern walk in shower

Others might be in a better position to advise