Intercontinental London Park Lane
One Hamilton Place / Park Lane,
Mayfair, London W1J 7QY,
United Kingdom
Tel +44 20 74093131

Link to hotel:
http://parklane.intercontinental.com/

Next tube / subway station:
Hyde Park Corner served by Piccadilly Line (serving LHR)
Green Park served by Piccadilly Line, Victoria Line and Jubillee Line

Does not honor Royal Ambassador Benefits on award stays.
You can earn points for food and beverage spending in the restaurants & bars: Wellington Lounge, Arch Bar

Lounge Supplement: Ambassador rate is Ł150/day for up to two guests, non-Ambassador rate is Ł185/day. Prices as of Sept 2022.

Lounge Benefits:

Club InterContinental privileges include:
  • Private registration for check-in and check-out
  • A complimentary welcome drink
  • Club InterContinental deluxe breakfast between 06:30 - 10:30 M-F and 06:30 -11:00 on Weekends
  • Afternoon Tea with seasonal sandwiches, scones with jam, homemade cakes/pastries, and a pot of tea between 14:30 - 16:30
  • Evening drinks - Champagne, cocktails, and canapés between 17:30 - 19:30
  • Entertainment area featuring a plasma TV and wireless internet access
  • Shower facilities
  • Complimentary pressing of two pieces of clothing per stay (express service is not included)
  • Personalized Concierge and business services
  • Complimentary local calls (0203, 0207, 0208)
  • All day refreshments
Notes:
  • On weekends between 09:30 -10:30, Club InterContinental can be considerably busier, so guests may wish to consider alternative times to avoid any unexpected inconvenience
  • Club InterContinental is included for a maximum of two people. Any additional guests would incur extra charges (50 GBP for guests of Ambassadors and 60 GBP for all others).

Recent Experiences

Royal Ambassador
September 2017
October 2017
October 2017
June 2018
October 2021
October 2022
January 2023

Ambassador
May 2018
May 2018
May 2018
April 2019
July 2021
April 2022
September 2022
November 2022
May 2023
May 2023

Older discussion about this hotel:
Archive Thread

Print Wikipost

IC London Park Lane Master Thread [merged]

Old Oct 17, 2023, 6:17 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Let's say it is not that surprising as they really seem to make a sharp distinction between unrenovated and Mayfair Collection rooms

Happy to monetize that for almost a decade by now ...
Old Nov 10, 2023, 12:02 pm

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Showercurtain

Far from being a slave to clicks and drama,

Yet the infamous shower curtain debate has struck again.....

Don't get any idea of the Bates Motel in Psycho but at exactly at 2.22 - 2.23 LL provides us with evidence

ee ee ee ee [music] showercurtain

Besides that fact of indeed the notorius appearance of the showercurtain,

What strikes me as odd that room #242 is a KING Premium ( unrenovated )

I was led to believe that all lower floors are Mayfair Collection thus renovated
Yet i also spotted from the video that the common hallway on the second floor still has the unrenovated design

And being as investigative as nicolas75 the video seems recent as of summer (trees in bloom) as it has the Byredo brand standard deployed in the bathroom.

I am just confused about this hotel .....
Well,
as Jessica Fletcher this detail struck me as so odd,
that i've booked a January stay to do some investigating and to get some closure on the matter
i am personally going on each floor to check the carpet to see what floors are renovated.
And as Sheldon Cooper and Amy Farrah Fowler: "i need to have closure !"

i was aiming for a tour des chambres but within room catagory are so many different layouts ...
for example, LL 's premium room is totally different than Nicolas his premium room

The mystery continues !

Last edited by HadesNL; Nov 11, 2023 at 8:29 pm
Old Nov 10, 2023, 1:23 pm

Differences in design styles

2 recent videos of this sumner and autumn 2023
showcasing the Dr, Jeckll and Mr, Hyde personality of the rooms

The older unrenovated design

video can be seen on youtube
Just avert your gaze at 1.50, quickly !

The new "Mayfair Collection Floor" renovated design

difference is just like night & day
and these videos should serve as an informative reminder for those in doubt what to book and if one's preference can be matched with one's expectations to avoid disappointment
Old Nov 13, 2023, 12:58 am

Programs: BA Gold
Not a regular guest at all, just a few observations as a first time visitor, Diamond Ambassador, 2 nights:

- Breakfast truly excellent in terms of comfort, food quality and service. Took it as Diamond amenity and paid 28 GBP extra for my son/3rd guest. Money well spent.
- We had a non-Mayfair room and I have never seen Mayfair rooms. All I can say is that the 'old' rooms are well kept en well presented (Premium Park View). Would not hesitate to book again. I do find that the entrance part of the room is tight (bathroom, entryway and clothes closet).
- 5% service charge was added. I asked whether it was a compulsory charge. They said no and I asked to take it off. No fuss. I said that the service was fine but I do not 'tip' a hotel.
- Good gym.
HadesNL, EmeraldLady, 336 and 1 others like this.

Last edited by janwillem; Nov 13, 2023 at 2:10 am
Old Nov 24, 2023, 8:01 am

Programs: IC Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, HH Diamond
Has anybody yet tried to use an Suite Upgrade for a Rewards Stay and give an update on what is in the upgrade pool?
Old Nov 25, 2023, 1:48 am

AndyUK101 on the HfP forums reports the upgrade pool in their case
from cosy on points:
https://www.headforpoints.com/forums...le-on-rewards/
Options offered were
– Premium park view,
- King Classic Mayfair floor
- Junior Suite – Junior suite was the best value, around Ł225 per night of ‘value’ from the voucher

compared to what he/she normal upselled
from points booking
usually offered
Ł65pn for the park view,
Ł120pn for the mayfair room
or Ł250ish for a junior suite

to be honest this hotel is very seasonal in pricing!

by own the experience the upsell is around Ł100 to upgrade award cosy to Mayfair cosy
Old Nov 25, 2023, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by HadesNL

So you are aware of the F&B timings
Presumably the 95 extra charge for lounge guests is per night, not per stay right? Any idea if they charge for kids? Obviously kids don't drink alcohol, so I would hope they would either charge less or just let them in.
Old Nov 25, 2023, 6:19 pm

Yes Ł 95 is per extra guest per day as visit to access + F&B (all 3 presentations)

I actually have no idea about kids, best to send them an email to ask about possibility of discounts

Last edited by HadesNL; Nov 26, 2023 at 12:58 am
Old Nov 26, 2023, 4:37 am

Thank you very much Hades! That helps a lot.

For a trip in December I currently got a rewards reservations at the Kimpton and the ICPL. While I prefer the Kimpton Fitzroy as a hotel the ICPL is much more convenient location wise for this trip. But I really, really don't want to stay in one of the old rooms.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 9:28 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Had a quite pleasant 1 night stay on points (120k, cash rates were starting 575 GBP already months in advance and going up since then). Took the Piccadilly line from LHR which worked very well and was faster then Heathrow Express+tube or taxi from Paddington. Arrived shortly before noon and could checkin to King Classic room (upgraded from King Cosy immediately after booking). Also late checkout was granted without discussion (as it should be). Took breakfast as Diamond amenity. Also received welcome points and a drink voucher. As AMB amenity, a box with chocolates was delivered to my room. Room was relatively small but sufficient for my stay, no noise from street or hallways or other rooms, bathroom with shower curtain is a bit outdated (as discussed above). Breakfast has a buffet with good variety of quite high quality items plus one can order one hot item from the menu. Was told that specialty coffees (cappuccino, flat white, latte etc) are not included, but I anyway was not billed for my two flat whites.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2023, 1:08 pm

I fully understand your aversion of old junk,
nicolas75 will kick my shins under the table if i even try to promote the unrenovated rooms....
Let alone the showercurtain controversy ....

The only way to avoid the old rooms is
by paying the upsell to Mayfair ŕ Ł100
OR
to use a CSU
- Mayfair seems to be offered but only seems to max out to Mayfair classic / premium / YMMV seasonally
- if happy with unrenovated, the CSU can however strech out to premium room / jr suite onwards
* between Scylla & Charbadis : renovated smaller or unrenovated larger for a CSU, to be or not to be, c'est le question!

Last edited by HadesNL; Nov 26, 2023 at 1:22 pm
Old Nov 26, 2023, 1:12 pm

curious for an upcoming ambassador weekend.
Room now shows upgrade to king classic.

Will try CSU, but guess it will not yet work on AMB weekend.
Really would like to have mayfair room without paying extra
Old Nov 26, 2023, 1:26 pm

If it doesn't reflect "Mayfair" than you are stuck with the unrenovated lot.

I believe CSU on BOGO is still excluded:
Confirmable Suite Upgrades cannot be used with the following rate types: Group rates, package tour or convention where charges are being paid by a third party. Free Night or Ambassador Complimentary Weekend Night (eligible at a future date)
https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/cu...le%20and%20OTA
Old Nov 26, 2023, 2:24 pm

I got an CSU that expires in Febuary anyway so I will try to utilize it for this trip. I hope that anything Mayfair will be in the upgrade pool - I really don't mind a smaller room as long as it is renovated. Will report back at the end of the week.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 2:45 am

Little update: In my rewards night upgrade pool for my stay mid December was the following: King Junior Suite, King Junior Suite Mayfair Floor and 1 Bedroom Suite.
I did of course chose the 1 King Junior Suite Mayfair Floor.
Applying the CSU via the Diamond Hotline was easy and done in less than 3 minutes. I am pleasantly surprised and very happy about this use of my CSU.
HadesNL and blueghostuk like this.

Last edited by Mora; Nov 30, 2023 at 2:53 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.