Intercontinental London Park Lane
One Hamilton Place / Park Lane,
Mayfair, London W1J 7QY,
United Kingdom
Tel +44 20 74093131

Link to hotel:
http://parklane.intercontinental.com/

Next tube / subway station:
Hyde Park Corner served by Piccadilly Line (serving LHR)
Green Park served by Piccadilly Line, Victoria Line and Jubillee Line

Does not honor Royal Ambassador Benefits on award stays.
You can earn points for food and beverage spending in the restaurants & bars: Wellington Lounge, Arch Bar

Lounge Supplement: Ambassador rate is Ł150/day for up to two guests, non-Ambassador rate is Ł185/day. Prices as of Sept 2022.

Lounge Benefits:

Club InterContinental privileges include:
  • Private registration for check-in and check-out
  • A complimentary welcome drink
  • Club InterContinental deluxe breakfast between 06:30 - 10:30 M-F and 06:30 -11:00 on Weekends
  • Afternoon Tea with seasonal sandwiches, scones with jam, homemade cakes/pastries, and a pot of tea between 14:30 - 16:30
  • Evening drinks - Champagne, cocktails, and canapés between 17:30 - 19:30
  • Entertainment area featuring a plasma TV and wireless internet access
  • Shower facilities
  • Complimentary pressing of two pieces of clothing per stay (express service is not included)
  • Personalized Concierge and business services
  • Complimentary local calls (0203, 0207, 0208)
  • All day refreshments
Notes:
  • On weekends between 09:30 -10:30, Club InterContinental can be considerably busier, so guests may wish to consider alternative times to avoid any unexpected inconvenience
  • Club InterContinental is included for a maximum of two people. Any additional guests would incur extra charges (50 GBP for guests of Ambassadors and 60 GBP for all others).

Recent Experiences

Royal Ambassador
September 2017
October 2017
October 2017
June 2018
October 2021
October 2022
January 2023

Ambassador
May 2018
May 2018
May 2018
April 2019
July 2021
April 2022
September 2022
November 2022
May 2023
May 2023

Older discussion about this hotel:
Archive Thread

Print Wikipost

IC London Park Lane Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2022, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by pazza2000
Yes can confirm this was the case, and a great breakfast, all a la carte items comped.

What’s the lounge offering like there these days? As I consider choosing lounge access as my 40 night milestone reward.
I faced the same choice, booked a few stays at the IC during the 40k per night offer and took lounge access, given you get 2 choices at 40 nights the lounge access and suite upgrade seemed like the best bet

My personal view on the lounge was really positive, looking back through some older posts it seems like the service may be a little less personalised and some key staff have left but with no prior stays we didn't notice any of that

Breakfast is pretty good, not the biggest spread or widest choice and service can be a little slow but no real complaints

Afternoon tea was very good, a decent selection of nibbles, attentive service and an overall nice experience, we would have probably ended up paying for something similar during our stay so a genuine saving for us on our last trip

Evening drinks, again pretty good - proactive staff offering top-ups and/or new drinks, okay spread of spirits with a few premium options and a decent selection of nibbles - probably not enough to get you through the evening but definitely enough to take the edge off after a long day
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by AndyUK_101
I faced the same choice, booked a few stays at the IC during the 40k per night offer and took lounge access, given you get 2 choices at 40 nights the lounge access and suite upgrade seemed like the best bet

My personal view on the lounge was really positive, looking back through some older posts it seems like the service may be a little less personalised and some key staff have left but with no prior stays we didn't notice any of that

Breakfast is pretty good, not the biggest spread or widest choice and service can be a little slow but no real complaints

Afternoon tea was very good, a decent selection of nibbles, attentive service and an overall nice experience, we would have probably ended up paying for something similar during our stay so a genuine saving for us on our last trip

Evening drinks, again pretty good - proactive staff offering top-ups and/or new drinks, okay spread of spirits with a few premium options and a decent selection of nibbles - probably not enough to get you through the evening but definitely enough to take the edge off after a long day
I’m guessing the days of free flowing Moet are gone in the lounge? Will still opt for the lounge access, I think I’ll get better value out if it than the 20k or 5 x $20 F&B vouchers.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 4:37 am

I’m guessing the days of free flowing Moet are gone in the lounge? Will still opt for the lounge access, I think I’ll get better value out if it than the 20k or 5 x $20 F&B vouchers.
It was Pommery from memory, available to pour your own or via the lounge staff that were circulating

Quite nice to be fair, certainly didn't feel like a budget option
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 8:17 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Just finished an one night stay. Similar to others, I was only offered an one level Ambassador upgrade on an award stay, and opted out of the paid upgrade. The is the beautiful view of a rooftop from a Classic room:

This is not a complaint, since they provided early check-in at 11am, and the room was functional for an one night stay. The water pressure in the room was designed for power washing of industrial equipment - it was a surprise every time I turned on the faucet. The deep tub was lovely, along with the overhead rain (or monsoon, due to the water pressure) showerhead. Turndown service was provided.

I unfortunately had to cancel my dinner reservation at Alex Webb, since my lunch at a 2 star Michelin star restaurant turned into a 3+ hour dining experience, and I did not need another rich meal. The one-touch service over the phone took care of the cancellation for me when I asked to be transferred to the restaurant, which was a nice touch.

Diamond breakfast at Theo Randall was an excellent spread, and the server told me basically order anything and everything, and everything will be comped. To use up the Ambassador F&B credit, I ordered a glass of mimosa, to which I was met with a look of confusion with the following exchange:

Me: Can I have a glass of mimosa? I know I have to pay for it.
Server: [With confused look] Mimosa?
Me: Yes, mimosa. Champagne with orange juice. Or just a glass champagne. Whichever is easier.
Server: [With concerned look] Umm... I need to get a manager approval for this. You have to pay.
Me: Yes, I know.

Eventually, a glass of mimosa was brought over. I wasn't sure if it was some type of British law that prevented serving alcohol at 10am, or the restaurant did not have the facility to provide alcohol due to the lack of a bartender, but they managed to deliver. Which, by the way, that glass of mimosa was Ł18 inclusive of service charge.

There was a hiccup at checkout, where their system was down and they can't close out the folio. I mentioned that I am expecting a charge from the restaurant from breakfast, but need to apply the Ambassador F&B credit, but they cannot see on the folio, and attributed the issue to the same problem with the computer. The front desk person then said that since it's due to their system issue, they will comp the charge....

.... which, 3 days later, I see the charge on my credit card. Attempts to reach the front desk by phone was futile, as I was disconnected every time I called. Eventually I just sent off an email to the hotel, and surprisingly they addressed it within 4 hours.
This reaffirms that best part of the property, besides its location, is the overwhelmingly positive service by its employees.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 1:50 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Thanks for the update, glad to know the Diamond breakfast at Theo Randall has not been watered down.....

I seem to lost track now that Theo Randall has become the default breakfast room.

I remember the space at the back,
After traversing the wellington bar / lobby lounge,

It was the designated breakfast place called the cookbook café
And afterwards a short stint as a Mexican restaurant.....
And news on the new incarnation or if ever that space is being used again in some way?
Old Nov 22, 2022, 1:45 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K, 1MM, 1.8 MM, IC RA
Alex Webb’s new venture will be moving into the space, soon, I believe.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2022, 1:56 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Ahh i see...

So that's the space being used.....

Seems a recent addition since 6th october
https://www.luxurylifestylemag.co.uk...ane-in-london/
Old Nov 23, 2022, 7:43 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by kodyandgracie
Alex Webb’s new venture will be moving into the space, soon, I believe.
Slight correction - Alex Webb's residency is already active.
kodyandgracie and HadesNL like this.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 10:05 am

Back in a few weeks, will report back any updates.
pazza2000 and ARR72 like this.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 8:49 am

So just to confirm, those IHG members who select lounge access as their milestone bonus (at 40 nights), can access the lounge here, and at any IC lounge for that matter?
Old Dec 2, 2022, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
So just to confirm, those IHG members who select lounge access as their milestone bonus (at 40 nights), can access the lounge here, and at any IC lounge for that matter?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inte...tml?styleid=24
DonPedro likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 3:28 am

Worked for me on my last stay, they added lounge access at check-in without any prompts
Old Dec 14, 2022, 12:03 am

Booked a classic room in january for an amb stay this weekend. Upgrade shows superior room.
Diamond ambassador and only one level upgrade normal? Chance to request upgrade to mayfair at check-in?
Old Dec 29, 2022, 10:32 am

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by daruda
Booked a classic room in january for an amb stay this weekend. Upgrade shows superior room.
Diamond ambassador and only one level upgrade normal? Chance to request upgrade to mayfair at check-in?
So did you make your request? How was it received?
Old Dec 29, 2022, 10:35 am

Programs: IHG
Generally speaking, they will process the standard upgrade around the time of booking. Then, on the morning of the stay, they often upgrade further.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.