Intercontinental London Park Lane
One Hamilton Place / Park Lane,
Mayfair, London W1J 7QY,
United Kingdom
Tel +44 20 74093131

Link to hotel:
http://parklane.intercontinental.com/

Next tube / subway station:
Hyde Park Corner served by Piccadilly Line (serving LHR)
Green Park served by Piccadilly Line, Victoria Line and Jubillee Line

Does not honor Royal Ambassador Benefits on award stays.
You can earn points for food and beverage spending in the restaurants & bars: Wellington Lounge, Arch Bar

Lounge Supplement: Ambassador rate is Ł150/day for up to two guests, non-Ambassador rate is Ł185/day. Prices as of Sept 2022.

Lounge Benefits:

Club InterContinental privileges include:
  • Private registration for check-in and check-out
  • A complimentary welcome drink
  • Club InterContinental deluxe breakfast between 06:30 - 10:30 M-F and 06:30 -11:00 on Weekends
  • Afternoon Tea with seasonal sandwiches, scones with jam, homemade cakes/pastries, and a pot of tea between 14:30 - 16:30
  • Evening drinks - Champagne, cocktails, and canapés between 17:30 - 19:30
  • Entertainment area featuring a plasma TV and wireless internet access
  • Shower facilities
  • Complimentary pressing of two pieces of clothing per stay (express service is not included)
  • Personalized Concierge and business services
  • Complimentary local calls (0203, 0207, 0208)
  • All day refreshments
Notes:
  • On weekends between 09:30 -10:30, Club InterContinental can be considerably busier, so guests may wish to consider alternative times to avoid any unexpected inconvenience
  • Club InterContinental is included for a maximum of two people. Any additional guests would incur extra charges (50 GBP for guests of Ambassadors and 60 GBP for all others).

Recent Experiences

Royal Ambassador
September 2017
October 2017
October 2017
June 2018
October 2021
October 2022
January 2023

Ambassador
May 2018
May 2018
May 2018
April 2019
July 2021
April 2022
September 2022
November 2022
May 2023
May 2023

Older discussion about this hotel:
Archive Thread

Print Wikipost

IC London Park Lane Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2022, 7:27 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Oh I see. We weren’t offered that last weekend in August
Old Sep 5, 2022, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Geoggy
Oh I see. We weren’t offered that last weekend in August
No I'd not seen either until yesterday. Think has just started but it does not extend to Champagne. A tad odd ... was Prosecco for the welcome ones and Pommery in the evening.

The guys at Wellington Bar are pretty good on that. They turn a good blind eye. Wish other hotels were as flexible/sensible with that .... same with the 2nd drink thing.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 6:39 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Seems like this is an IC to put on the avoid list as an Ambassador given the reports in the posts here and this. It joins IC New Orleans on my list of ones to avoid according to reports, I am sure they are shattered!

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34584720-post44.html
HadesNL likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 10:45 pm
jxd

Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
Seems like this is an IC to put on the avoid list as an Ambassador given the reports in the posts here and this. It joins IC New Orleans on my list of ones to avoid according to reports, I am sure they are shattered!

I booked a cosy room for 1 night in January next year using points, have been pre-upgraded on the app to a premium room as premium ambassador. Will see what happens next year.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar

Certainly didn't feel too special to be an ambassador here. Stay was fine but just that. Used a Weekend cert so from a value perspective it felt good but I will definitely research other properties/chains for my next visit to London, plenty of choices in this price range.

Interested to hear what experiences others have for upgrades at this property.
Admiral Ackbar likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by aeolos
Certainly didn't feel too special to be an ambassador here. Stay was fine but just that. Used a Weekend cert so from a value perspective it felt good but I will definitely research other properties/chains for my next visit to London, plenty of choices in this price range.

Interested to hear what experiences others have for upgrades at this property.
Bolding is mine.

In January, I booked a "Mayfair Grand Room" (renamed "King Premium Mayfair Floor" today) for 2 nights in April and got upgraded to a "Mayfair Junior Suite" ("King Junior Suite Mayfair Floor") - used the weekend free night voucher.

In June, I booked the same room for 2 nights in November, and was upgraded to the same junior suite (at least, this is what the app says ) - no voucher.

Fred
aeolos likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 3:58 pm

Not a single post from a current guest with a view of Wellington Arch? Surprised.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 1:36 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
I think those rooms facing Wellington Arch might be:
- blocked for security reasons
- occupied by MI-5 - secret services / monitoring station
- semi-important persons are parked there
- taken over by a sheik so his harem can watch discretely
- have been scooped up by press agencies
- guests booked Wellington Arch view been done background checks and allocated different rooms or upgraded to better room but lesser view
Old Sep 20, 2022, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
I can't imagine the difficulties faced by those who booked the InterContinental Park Lane long before the Queen's death was announced.

It must have been almost impossible to get around the city in the vicinity.

HadesNL likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2022, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA GOLD,DELTA DM, IC RA , HILTON GOLD, NAT. EE
Great view from Club

Actually I stayed there this past weekend using Free Nights and points , plus 95 GBP up charge for great corner suite overlooking Wellington Arch .

We were treated exceptionally well . Window table in 7th floor club was fantastic place to watch all the festivities.

Booking was made months ago .

Navigating the crowds was somewhat difficult, but this was a once in a lifetime experience.
saaveraward and HadesNL like this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 6:20 am

I suspect I know the answer to this question but any feedback on lounge access via the annual lounge membership reward?

TIA
Old Sep 21, 2022, 11:13 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by AndyUK_101
I suspect I know the answer to this question but any feedback on lounge access via the annual lounge membership reward?

TIA
Anything other than "yes, you have access" would be a break of the T&C (if they care is another matter).
Old Sep 22, 2022, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by AndyUK_101

TIA
checked in today on credit card reward night + 40N lounge membership. Showed the app, no questions or hesitations, lounge access provided. Also got upgraded to Mayfair floor.

All in all, very happy for free.
Admiral Ackbar likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 10:53 am

On a recent reward stay, points were not given for food and beverage spending.
I had to argue with ihg to get the welcome points.
Has anyone else faced this issue?

Last edited by willmeyes; Sep 25, 2022 at 11:01 am
Old Oct 13, 2022, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Atacama40
I had otherwise decent but unrenovated suites on 8 a couple of times the last month. Nice enough rooms but totally agree the AC was woeful and ineffective. I lived with it and put it down to unseasonably warm weather. Not pleasant.
I've been here this week, for the first time in years.

As the weather has turned a wee bit, I was more looking forward to heating the room up at night. But that doesn't seem possible in the old 8th floor suite that I'm inhabiting. Today when I returned from work, the air conditioning was blowing and it was far too cold.

But the Club has been excellent. Even with a new staff member who has only been here for a few days, she did well to keep my Champagne glass topped up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.