FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/555698-ic-hong-kong-master-thread-closed-renovation-until-2022-a.html)

yihyangh Oct 6, 2015 10:27 am

Hey Guys anyone know the GM email?

remymartin Oct 20, 2015 2:37 am

Staying here right now. I've been avoiding this property as award bookings seemed less important at the property. My worries were rectified at check-in and I've been given a harbour view room. It's not a suite, but a very well appointed room. ^

Pseudo Nim Oct 20, 2015 2:38 am

Originally Posted by remymartin (Post 25589407)
Staying here right now. I've been avoiding this property as award bookings seemed less important at the property. My worries were rectified at check-in and I've been given a harbour view room. It's not a suite, but a very well appointed room. ^

What's your status? Ambassador?

remymartin Oct 20, 2015 2:41 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim (Post 25589410)
What's your status? Ambassador?

Plat Ambassador.

jedicat666 Oct 20, 2015 11:09 am

Originally Posted by remymartin (Post 25589418)
Plat Ambassador.

Booked 2 nights on mid-nov with into the night free nights.

negotiated room on 1st night to be upgraded to Harbour room ($600HKD+10%) and added club access ($1036HKD+10%).

They insisted that I checkout on 16th to move to a regular room.

Probably protocol, but ill try to see if I can stay in the same room.:rolleyes:

Spire Amb here.

remymartin Oct 21, 2015 3:57 am

They sent me a bottle of wine later. Perhaps something to do with posting here? ;) I will be back in December. It was a memorable stay!

Pseudo Nim Oct 21, 2015 4:01 am

Originally Posted by remymartin (Post 25594682)
They sent me a bottle of wine later. Perhaps something to do with posting here? ;) I will be back in December. It was a memorable stay!

My stay as an RA about a month or two ago was spectacular. I don't know what's going on with this IC. I love it!!!

jsnearline Nov 4, 2015 10:44 pm

We will be staying at the IC HK this month and next. We are a family of four. The hotel told me that we will probably need to split up and get two taxis, but I see other posts here about four people for a taxi. I'm confused. With two young kids, splitting up is not a good option for us.

Does HKIA still have an HSBC ATM?

Is it worth paying the half day fee for late checkout or is there anywhere we can freshen up for a late night flight after checking out?

We prepaid. What are the odds we'll get stuck with a smoking room as the room type is not guaranteed with our rate?

stimpy Nov 5, 2015 1:09 am

Originally Posted by jsnearline (Post 25665875)
We will be staying at the IC HK this month and next. We are a family of four. The hotel told me that we will probably need to split up and get two taxis, but I see other posts here about four people for a taxi. I'm confused. With two young kids, splitting up is not a good option for us.

Does HKIA still have an HSBC ATM?

Is it worth paying the half day fee for late checkout or is there anywhere we can freshen up for a late night flight after checking out?

We prepaid. What are the odds we'll get stuck with a smoking room as the room type is not guaranteed with our rate?

The taxis are small and often the driver has the front passenger seat cluttered with his affaires. It would depend on if the driver allows one of the kids to sit on your lap. You might want to go to the airport transport desk and ask about a larger car or van. Yes there is an HSBC ATM at arrivals and a full HSBC financial center at the airport.

If you have lounge access at the airport you should be able to arrive there early and use the showers and eat well. If not, then maybe pay for late check out. I assume that means you don't have Ambassador status? It would be worth it for you to purchase this in advance. Not only will you get late checkout privileges, but a room upgrade, daily fruit bowl, a free film and a free night for a future stay. Plus you'll have better chance of avoiding a smoking room. If you have booked the cheapest room without status, you will of course get the least consideration compared to all the people who booked higher level rooms and who have some sort of IHG status.

jsnearline Nov 5, 2015 2:16 am

I don't think Ambassador status would help me for my stays since they were booked under the Friends & Family rate. According to the Program terms & conditions:

InterContinental Ambassador benefits are not available to airline crew members for crew stays, guests using the IHG Employee rate, or guests using the IHG Friends & Family rates.

I booked the Deluxe Harbour View category, so I don't think they would downgrade us.

On the plus side, the late checkout fee would be 50% of the Friends & Family rate if I confirm it in advance.

hclee01 Nov 8, 2015 12:26 am

Can I check for IC Hong Kong, which room type comes with separate living room and bedroom (divided by sliding door)?

As a IC RA, what room type should I book to be allotted the room type with separate living room and bedroom.

Many thanks for your assistance!

Raynyan Nov 8, 2015 2:23 am

Originally Posted by hclee01 (Post 25679967)
Can I check for IC Hong Kong, which room type comes with separate living room and bedroom (divided by sliding door)?

As a IC RA, what room type should I book to be allotted the room type with separate living room and bedroom.

Many thanks for your assistance!

Only Deluxe Suite is selling for public. But you can request Superior Suite if you booked Executive Suite.

pricesquire Nov 10, 2015 8:43 am

FYI, when booking a Virtuoso rate here, you will receive complimentary Club access now through March 31, 2016.

Benefits include:
• Personalized service from our Club team.
• Complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea and
evening cocktails in Club InterContinental.
• Complimentary internet access and use of the in-
room handy smartphone with unlimited 3G internet, local and international calls to 9 countries (USA, Canada, UK, Australia, Germany, Japan, South Korea, China and Taiwan).
• In-room check-in and express check-out service.

Unterwegs Nov 10, 2015 11:12 am

Originally Posted by jsnearline (Post 25665875)

4 people fit easily in a Taxi, 3 in the back, 1 in the front. But depending how much luggage you have it might not fit in the trunk.
You can take the Airport Express Train (they have a special rate for 4 people) and then two Taxis to the hotel (around 50 HK$ from the Kowloon Station). This should be cheaper than 2 Taxis from the airport, very convenient and fast.
On the way back to the airport ask to go to Kowloon station first. Most taxi drivers will then offer you a special rate to the airport (below 300 HK).

TravelLawyer Nov 10, 2015 11:33 am

Originally Posted by pricesquire (Post 25691309)
FYI, when booking a Virtuoso rate here, you will receive complimentary Club access now through March 31, 2016.

Benefits include:
• Personalized service from our Club team.
• Complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea and
evening cocktails in Club InterContinental.
• Complimentary internet access and use of the in-
room handy smartphone with unlimited 3G internet, local and international calls to 9 countries (USA, Canada, UK, Australia, Germany, Japan, South Korea, China and Taiwan).
• In-room check-in and express check-out service.

OMG, I love you! Staying there next month on a Virtuoso rate.