Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

InterContinental San Francisco Mark Hopkins Master Thread - after January 01, 2008

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

InterContinental San Francisco Mark Hopkins Master Thread - after January 01, 2008

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2022, 5:46 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
If being stuck in a pretty much inaccessible position in an iconic but awkwardly out-dated hotel is your idea of a blissful 22 hours, then you have a room with your name on the door at the Mark Hopkins. Just keep your fingers crossed it's a renovated room.

On the other hand, you have the IC San Francisco. My exposure to US Intercontinentals isn't exhaustive, but so far this is the only one I'd look forward to returning to. As an RA I'd turn down the boxy suite they gave me (maybe it was one reserved for upgrades), and swap it for one of the large, bright and airy "executive" rooms; as a humble A I find i can get upgraded to that same room, so I'm happy.

On lounges, my MH stay was some time back, but the lounge seemed to be an odd afterthought: though of course the hotel has a pretty well-known bar....
The IC SF lounge was better in every aspect. Though I don't think lounge access come built-in to any room unless so designated. I could be wrong!
I am of your opinion. The place is trading on its name. We were OK, but truly it was nothing special. You are spot on about its inaccessability however.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 3:13 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
Not sure if anyone has stayed here recently, but wanted to note that they have restarted their resort fee:

Effective February 22, 2022, Nob Hill Destination Fee of $29 plus tax, per night, will be added to all applicable reservations. The fee includes a $10 daily dining credit in the Nob Hill Club restaurant, Top of the Mark preferred seating, local retail and dining savings, and complimentary electric car charging,

Does anyone know if the credit can be used at Top of the Mark, I already have a club room (paid $$ for it). Also don't have an electric car (or any car)...
Thanks
Old Mar 9, 2022, 3:39 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by drewdawg199
Also don't have an electric car (or any car)...
Thanks
Tell them if they don't give you an electric car for your stay, you will decline paying the amenity fee
Old Mar 11, 2022, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Top of the Mark preferred seating
🙄
Old Mar 30, 2022, 7:34 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Just had another great 3-night stay here. We love the history and charm of the hotel. I will not deny that it needs refurbishment. Nevertheless, it is a great use of points, especially since points bookings are not levied the destination fee (at least we weren't for March 26-29, 2022).

Regardless of the room type booked, ask for a cathedral view room on a high floor at check-in. You might luck out with a view of the bay, GG Bridge, Alcatraz and, Grace Cathedral. Rooms are not large. Water pressure from the shower is excellent, but not from the sink.

Some other things to note: the Top of the Mark was closed on Sundays and Mondays when we were there and there was no room service. We didn't eat in the restaurants, but had drink coupons (as IHG Platinum) to burn, so we went to the restaurant (lounge?) just past reception. During previous stays, there was a red and white wine designated for the drink coupon. This time, the waiter said we could pick anything from the menu that was below $20. I don't know if he was extra flexible or this is the unwritten policy. FYI, there were no cocktails/liquor, only wine and beer on the drink menu, although he said he would make us something simple like a gin and tonic. YMMV.

FYI, Trader Joe's - where you can buy snacks, wine, liquor, etc - is a short walk down/up the hill on California S. Around the corner from TJ's is Bob's Donuts (the apple fritter is delicious).
Old Mar 30, 2022, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Tell them if they don't give you an electric car for your stay, you will decline paying the amenity fee
Makes sense. Don't want to discriminate against people in SF. Why treat the losers who drive around in electric car wasting energy better than those who walk and take public transit?
Old Mar 31, 2022, 8:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA1k
Not sure if anyone has stayed here recently, but wanted to note that they have restarted their resort fee:

Effective February 22, 2022, Nob Hill Destination Fee of $29 plus tax, per night, will be added to all applicable reservations. The fee includes a $10 daily dining credit in the Nob Hill Club restaurant, Top of the Mark preferred seating, local retail and dining savings, and complimentary electric car charging,

Does anyone know if the credit can be used at Top of the Mark, I already have a club room (paid $$ for it). Also don't have an electric car (or any car)...
Thanks
i just stayed there as a RA ,and had 2 rooms, and they didn't charge me a resort fee for either room. Mini bar was empty so i didnt get me $50 a day, however i didnt ask about it either.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 8:19 pm

Have most of the rooms now been renovated?
Old Feb 27, 2023, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Have most of the rooms now been renovated?
any update?
Old Feb 27, 2023, 4:39 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by daruda
any update?
As of 2 weeks ago the building permit was not even approved yet. I wouldn’t expect any renovated rooms until year end at the earliest.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 7:24 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Just finished a 3-night stay. As always, the service here is very good. From the evening front desk to the friendly waitress at Top of the Rock to the housecleaning staff (especially Jenny). It's hard to beat the history, setting and charm of this hotel. It's a bit past its prime, but always a great place to return to. As Platinum, we received drink vouchers that we were able to redeem for martini's. Trader Joe's, Bob's Donuts and Swan Oyster Depot are all just a few blocks away.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 10:40 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Trader Joe's is an institution in itself !
I was just a carefree bachelor/student in SF back then and never got the hint of the ALDI-link
For those unfamiliar or NON-US: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trader_Joe%27s

And the old (s)nob hill joke ....
Old Apr 18, 2023, 11:33 am

Programs: Eurobonus (*G)
Any recent experience with the club lounge? How does it compare to the other IC in San Francisco? (Which I found to be more than decent).
Old Apr 19, 2023, 10:04 am
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by Chriscross
Any recent experience with the club lounge? How does it compare to the other IC in San Francisco? (Which I found to be more than decent).
On our last stay at IC Mark Hopkins, March 14-15, breakfast was served a la carte in louge (6:30-10:00 or 11:00 AM), small evening spread/free booze in lounge (5:00-7:00 PM), awesome service as always! Last I checked the lounge at the IC San Francisco at 888 Howard St is still closed, so there is nothing to compare right now.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 3:42 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by The Mileage Millionaire
On our last stay at IC Mark Hopkins, March 14-15, breakfast was served a la carte in louge (6:30-10:00 or 11:00 AM), small evening spread/free booze in lounge (5:00-7:00 PM), awesome service as always! Last I checked the lounge at the IC San Francisco at 888 Howard St is still closed, so there is nothing to compare right now.
The lounge on Howard has been open for the last year, at least! Went there in April 22 and December 22 and lounge open both times.

EDIT: Unless you mean the club has been closed for renovations/work at some point since Dec 22
HadesNL likes this.

Last edited by Admiral Ackbar; Apr 20, 2023 at 4:26 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.