Posting time to account ? Master Thread [merged]

Old Dec 17, 2005, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Posting time to account ? Master Thread [merged]

I just finished 20+ nights in one shot at the IC San Juan and checked out this morning. How long does it take for the hotel to post the points and such to the website?

Furthermore, I did see that they had my Priority Club number on the folio. However, now on closer inspection, it appears to be missing the last digit. Now I'm curious to know whether or not I'll get my points or wait a few days then call up the Priority Club service line and request for missing points.

Offhand, great hotel and service. I'll be visiting them on and off for the next 6 months with 2.5 weeks on each trip.

Thanks.
Old Dec 17, 2005, 2:11 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Cerberus
I just finished 20+ nights in one shot at the IC San Juan and checked out this morning. How long does it take for the hotel to post the points and such to the website?

Furthermore, I did see that they had my Priority Club number on the folio. However, now on closer inspection, it appears to be missing the last digit. Now I'm curious to know whether or not I'll get my points or wait a few days then call up the Priority Club service line and request for missing points.

Offhand, great hotel and service. I'll be visiting them on and off for the next 6 months with 2.5 weeks on each trip.

Thanks.
About 72 hours.... but one time I checked out on a Saturday and it took a week for the points to credit in the account.
Old Dec 17, 2005, 2:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Originally Posted by Cerberus

Thanks.
Hi
First of all, do you need someone to carry your bags? Points can take a few days to a week to post after a stay. If you dont get anything within 5 days then contact the PC.

I dont usually send emails regarding missing points, I find that the PC staff will accept the call then go and chase the hotel for you and let you know when its done and credit the account with the points right away.

regards
Old Dec 18, 2005, 10:37 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, AA Gold MM, Hilton LTD, Marriott LTP, Hertz PC
4 days. I usually trave Monday thru Thursday. When checking out on Thursday AM, my points post on Monday AM. (98% of the time)
Old Dec 18, 2005, 1:58 pm

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
5 days for weekend stays, 4 for weekday is typical. I'd start checking after 7. (In my experience)
Old Dec 21, 2005, 9:35 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
6 days after checkout in Japan, consistently. That is: stay one night from Wednesday to Thursday and expect your points to post on Wednesday.

HTB.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 1:30 am
Original Poster

Well, I waited the 7 business days to give them a chance then filled out a missing points credit form on their website. Less than 24 hours later, I got my points. Strangely, a few days later, I got an extra thousand points that were labeled as 10% Gold Member Bonus, and Overlapping Stay.

Anyone have some clues for me?
Old Jan 1, 2006, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Can you provide a bit more information about how many points posted.

One only gets a flat 2K for a stay of any length at an IC branded property, plus your elite status bonus, and any double points or other bonuses you might have registered for.

So you should have received:

Base points 2,000
Gold bonus 200
Total 2,200

Not sure why there would be an "Overlapping Stay" showing up unless you received double credit by having requested posting of points, at the same time the actual stay posted automatically (between 4 to 7 days of check-out which is the norm).
Old Jan 1, 2006, 3:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Avis
On my last stay at the IC in Dallas I booked a club room off of the web site. Then when my stay showed up I had two items post. First was a Non-Qualifying Stay 0 points. Second post was an Overlapping Stay of 3000 points which was corect points. I never contacted anyone but my points still showed as an Overlapping Stay.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Okay, here goes, for the actual stay I got this:

Qualifying Stay 2000 pts.
10% gold member bonus 200 pts.
Delta dash to the gate 2000 pts.
E-mail optin 250 point bonus 250 pts.
E-mail optin 500 point bonus 500 pts.
Stay 10, get 10,000 points 10000 pts.

Total: 14950

Then the posting a few days later also added this:

Overlapping Stay 2000 pts.
10% gold member bonus 200 pts.

Total: 2200

Your explaination does make sense just the phrase 'Overlapping Stay' doesn't. I stayed the 20 nights all in a row without leaving or going to another IC.

Quick question, do I need to re-register for all the other bonus programs or are they still active on my account until the promo ends?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Shareholder
One only gets a flat 2K for a stay of any length at an IC branded property, plus your elite status bonus, and any double points or other bonuses you might have registered for.

So you should have received:

Base points 2,000
Gold bonus 200
Total 2,200
Old Jan 2, 2006, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
For some reason they gave you an extra basic stay credit, thus the overlapping stay reference. This only really affects the night count, so you don't receive a night credit more than once for the same night's stay. Could it be that you actually did split the booking into two? Otherwise, there is no logical explanation other than you received a "gift" of that extra 2,200.

As for re-registering, I am not sure that any of those bonuses were valid into 2006. I know there is a new double points one that starts up later this month, but no "Stay X night..." as yet. The other two or three promos I am not familiar with.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 8:08 am
Original Poster

The booking might have something to do with it since it was done by our corporate travel group. I didn't think of that...

I've registered for the 2006 bonuses, so I'll assume that the 2005 ones are pretty much dead ducks :-)

BTW, does anyone know what happened to the coupon exchange forum?
Old Mar 27, 2006, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA Gold; Hilton Gold
FWIW, I booked a stay through our corporate travel group. I have miles selected as the earning option. First earnings entry was a PC bonus, which I registered for. Second entry was miles posting with United. Third entry several days later was 'overlapping stay' with PC (10 points/$). I have a hard time finding a logical explanation for this one as well.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 4:58 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
don't worry about the last digit missing... their computers would have rejected it if it was incorrect
Old Mar 27, 2006, 5:53 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Delta 1MM, IHG Spire, IC AMB, Hertz Pres
Are there ROTs for posting of points for outside the US?

Still waiting for an IC Cancun visit that ended on the 18th to post.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.