FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/394545-ic-bali-jimbaran-master-thread-merged.html)

flying MD Jan 28, 2005 3:11 pm

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Hi,

I will be staying in Bali in March. Will spend 5 nights at Four Seasons Sayan and 5 nights either at FS Jimbaran Bay, RC or IC. Stayed at FS JB and RC before, never at IC. Any recent experiences? RA upgrades? Would appreciate any info regarding IC Bali. Thanks.

maclover Jan 28, 2005 5:48 pm

Hi there!
I stayed in Bali IC like two years ago (not very recent) and booked a lovely Club IC loft suite.
Don't know if it was an upgraded one or not (not reading FT that time) but it was really wonderful.

Lot of space, lot of comforts.
Never been at RC or FS there, but I can strongly reccomend IC and its great service.
Club rooms did even get their private pool, reserved just for Club rooms... very nice

Enjoy your stay
maclover

UA 100K Jan 28, 2005 5:48 pm

There is no comparison between the RC/FS and the IC. The IC is ok but nothing special. A typical convention hotel on the beach. The food is expensive and just average. Rooms are nice but small.

Zhaunk Dec 23, 2005 10:34 am

Originally Posted by flying MD
Hi,

I will be staying in Bali in March. Will spend 5 nights at Four Seasons Sayan and 5 nights either at FS Jimbaran Bay, RC or IC. Stayed at FS JB and RC before, never at IC. Any recent experiences? RA upgrades? Would appreciate any info regarding IC Bali. Thanks.

Did you end up staying at the IC? How was it?

Anyone have anything they'd like to share about the IC Bali?
Thanks!

Savage25 Dec 23, 2005 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by Zhaunk
Anyone have anything they'd like to share about the IC Bali?
Thanks!

I'm currently at the IC Bali for 3 days...will post a detailed report and pics next week, but suffice to say its one of the best hotels I've stayed at. Now I'm going to get out of here and into here :D

demue Dec 24, 2005 2:09 am

Originally Posted by Savage25
I'm currently at the IC Bali for 3 days...will post a detailed report and pics next week, but suffice to say its one of the best hotels I've stayed at. Now I'm going to get out of here and into here :D

Hmm, I'm turning green of envy over here :D . So was it the RA upgrade that got you the lovely suite instead of the booked club room? Looks very nice so I guess someone has no reason to complain ;) . Enjoy your stay.

flying MD Dec 24, 2005 5:04 am

Stayed there twice since then. First time I got Jimbaran Suite, the second time an Imperial Villa with its own pool and jacuzzi. Visited Club Loft suites, which are spacious and newly renowated. The Club is great! Greatly recommend it. The FS Jimbaran villas are so "small" in comparison to both mentioned accomodations. Great place to stay, no need to pay $600 per night.

Zhaunk Dec 24, 2005 11:08 am

Originally Posted by flying MD
Stayed there twice since then. First time I got Jimbaran Suite, the second time an Imperial Villa with its own pool and jacuzzi. Visited Club Loft suites, which are spacious and newly renowated. The Club is great! Greatly recommend it. The FS Jimbaran villas are so "small" in comparison to both mentioned accomodations. Great place to stay, no need to pay $600 per night.

Excellent! As I mentioned in another thread, I've booked the Imperial Villa for 6 nights on points. They are charging 100++usd/person for club priveleges for guests over 2 in the villa... so I guess whoever comes with us will just have to put out a bit of $ if they want club. 4300 square feet. Woo hoo!

Savage25 Dec 31, 2005 10:22 pm

Posted my review of the IC Bali here.

gleff Jan 9, 2006 12:04 pm

Zhaunk when are you staying? Have you confirmed they're really honoring the Villa booking on points? (I assume you're doing it on points?)

Wow.

I might book this -- I do see availability -- but would hate to be disappointed on arrival. :eek:

Zhaunk Jan 9, 2006 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by gleff
Zhaunk when are you staying? Have you confirmed they're really honoring the Villa booking on points? (I assume you're doing it on points?)

Wow.

I might book this -- I do see availability -- but would hate to be disappointed on arrival. :eek:

Gleff, I'm staying in August. I called up priority club to confirm that this was legit and they emailed me confirmation. I also emailed the hotel (using my reservation #) to ask if club access would extend to two friends who are going to join us there. They replied that it would cost my friends for the club but they did not mention anything about my being able to book the room... it's looking good.

I was also able to book a couple of reward tickets on Singapore Air using UA miles! Raffles class! So, it's Singapore for 22hrs, Bali for 6 nights, and Hong Kong for 3!

Thanks again Flyertalk and in particular the IC hotels forum.

vegasflyer Jan 9, 2006 2:30 pm

[QUOTE=Zhaunk]Gleff, I'm staying in August. I called up priority club to confirm that this was legit and they emailed me confirmation. I also emailed the hotel (using my reservation #) to ask if club access would extend to two friends who are going to join us there. They replied that it would cost my friends for the club but they did not mention anything about my being able to book the room... it's looking good.

I was also able to book a couple of reward tickets on Singapore Air using UA miles! Raffles class! So, it's Singapore for 22hrs, Bali for 6 nights, and Hong Kong for 3!

Thanks again Flyertalk and in particular the IC hotels forum.[/QUOTE

I just booked the same trip, but in First on Singapore Air and for 10 nights in the 2-bed villa on points in December! Is 10 nights too long at this resort?

Zhaunk Jan 11, 2006 8:41 pm

The 2 bedroom oceanfront (Imperial) villas don't seem to be available for reward redemption any more. Every room type below that is still available, though.

On second look, those villas don't seem to be available at all!

gleff Jan 12, 2006 8:15 am

Have you tried a variety of dates?

Zhaunk Jan 12, 2006 8:25 am

Originally Posted by gleff
Have you tried a variety of dates?

Yeah, I've tried various dates from January to December.