Unable to view reservation online - "Call for Details" [merged]

Old Jan 4, 2005, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Unable to view reservation online - "Call for Details" [merged]

A couple of weeks ago I noticed an odd notation on one of my future stay reservations that was made on the PC/IC website, and that was listed on the page now giving our bookings.

On all others reservations listed, there is a blue symbol of a Magnifying Glass and the words "View Details", which then links to a page giving full details of the booking.

However, on this particular one, it had a Telephone Receiver symbol and the words in red "Call for Details".

The other day I had to cancel the booking featuring that symbol, and thus called IC reservations. After processing the cancellation I asked the agent about this notation, but he said he'd never seen or heard of it, so could not venture why it was there.

This morning I see another two of my future bookings has the same symbol. Has anyone else here experienced this, and know why it appears?
Old Jan 5, 2005, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Yup - noticed the same thing on a reservation. But as it was one I'd done a price match on, I assumed the <please call> instruction reflected that. It could be that any non-standard reservation requires explanatory fields not displayed on screens we have access to.

Happy new year !
Old Jan 5, 2005, 5:43 am

just out of interest IAN-UK, where did you find the cheaper rate to get the price match? i have never found anywhere but the Intercontinental site to be the cheapest.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Neither of mine fall into that category, but thanks for the clue. I guess these do reflect some sort of irregularity, though not quite sure. I recall there was a rate change going from weekend to workweek, so that could be an explanation too.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by djb25
just out of interest IAN-UK, where did you find the cheaper rate to get the price match? i have never found anywhere but the Intercontinental site to be the cheapest.
ICH is clearly trying to impose revenue discipline on its hotels. But some still sell rooms through consolidators at rates outside those agreed with ICH. For matching, ICH is very fussy about whether or not the booking is "instantly" confirmed - and whether or not the room type matches the IC offer exactly.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 12:23 pm

Programs: FD silver, PC plat. royal ambassador, SPG gold, HH gold, MR silver
I have a reward stay at the IC Frankfurt later this week. Today I noticed there is an extra reservation in my account for the same dates which also shows "call for details". When I click on the "call for details" sign it shows the following message:

This reservation has multiple itineraries and cannot be accessed on the web. Only the most recent itinerary of the reservation is reflected here. Please contact the nearest reservation office for assistance with this reservation.

I think/hope the hotel just made an extra reservation for the upgrade.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by paul_nl
I think/hope the hotel just made an extra reservation for the upgrade.
FWIW, IC Frankfurt did that for my most recent stay with them. On past stays, they've amended my original reservation with my newly allocated room. Whereas on the recent one, they created a separate res which couldn't be viewed on line... Certainly added a surprise element at checkin
Old Jun 13, 2006, 2:28 pm

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
Back to the OP - pretty much all my stays at the HI/HIX MAD switch to "Call for details" a few weeks before the stay - it's not uncommon at all. Never had it happen to an IC reservation.
Old Jun 13, 2006, 11:37 pm

Programs: DL GM and so on
Last Friday two out of my six current reservations were switched to "Call for details" without any noticeable pattern. Next day everything went to normal, now all of them are accessible online.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 1:41 pm

Programs: AC*E, PC*Plat, IC*RoyalAmb
I get the "call for details" notation all the time. It doesn't usually show up if I book online or if my travel agent books it in their computer reservation system. If the travel agent has to call the hotel directly (because the corporate rate doesn't come up properly or something like that) then it always seems to be marked "call for details". I also get it sometimes after the room has been upgraded. So I'm guessing it happens when someone goes in and adjusts the file manually.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 2:23 pm

Programs: IHG, BA
Call For Details???

Checking my reservtaions today I see that some are listed but instead of being able to view the reservation it just says Call for Details. Clicking on it then says ... "This reservation has multiple itineraries and cannot be accessed on the web. Only the most recent itinerary of the reservation is reflected here. Please contact the nearest reservation office for assistance with this reservation".

I've booked several stays all joined together on a BOGOF exclusive rate.

Has anyone else ever seen this because I haven't.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
As reported on this forum numerous times after the hotel has "touched" your reservation this sometimes happens. Nothing to worry about.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA / US - PC Plat
I’ve had this happen, when a hotel has changed hands.

This happened to me with HI 34th St NY, I made my reservation online, several months later, I was unable to view it, I called the hotel direct, they stated “As we have changed ownership, your reservation has been transferred to the new owners”.

Not sure this is your scenario, just a possibility.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 4:11 pm

Had the same thing happen to one of my reservations (pending) in the Far East. I made the reservation, and had the usual "view reservation" link. Then, about a day later, the reservation changes to "call for details". A subsequent reservation doesn't have this.

It has happened before, nothing to worry about. At least, this is a hotel I stay with frequently, and usually getting the "Call for details" tag is a good thing: meaning that I'm recognized and they've changed my reservation to "something nice" At least, that's been the pattern observed in the past, so I just keep my paws crossed....but, at least, I ain't worrying
Old Apr 24, 2007, 5:55 pm

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Another circumstance in which a reservation changes to "Call for Details" is if it is one which is not able to be cancelled or changed without penalty. It will become "Call for Details" after the payment is taken by the hotel. So if any of your bookings are pre-pay, that might be the reason.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.