Stay only 15 qualifying nights in a calendar year, or
Earn 20,000 points in a calendar year, or
Purchase Gold status for $50 USD per calendar year

Platinum Member Benefits:

All Club level member benefits, plus:
50% point bonus on base points
Priority Check-InSM
Complimentary room upgrades available at check-in*
Guaranteed room availability (72 hours in advance)
Access to the exclusive Platinum Elite Phone Number
* Complimentary room upgrade is based on availability at check-in, and applies only to the member's personal guest room.

How to earn Platinum:
Stay 50 qualifying nights in a calendar year, or
Earn 60,000 points in a calendar year.

Ambassador Member Benefits:

Dedicated toll-free reservation line
Priority guest list
Airport chauffeur service*
Special check-in desk
Instant Check-InTM
VIP greeting and welcome gift
Instant Check-OutTM
Guaranteed room upgrade at time of check-in
Fresh fruit and mineral water
Free Pay TV film per stay
Complimentary newspaper
Late check-out
An Ambassador luggage tag to ensure youre always recognized upon arrival
In addition, your corresponding Priority Club Rewards membership entitles you to Gold Elite member benefits when you stay

within the Priority Club Rewards family of brands - Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Express

by Holiday Inn, Staybridge Suites and Candlewood Suites

How to earn Ambassador Status:
Ambassador Status Can be bought for $150 or from reports it can be bought for 24000 points.

Royal Ambassador Status:

Royal Ambassador is not available to just anyone. It is only for those VIP guests recognized as deserving an even higher

level of status and privilege.

Dedicated Royal Ambassador reservation line
Guaranteed Room Availablility. Contact us before 12pm (local hotel time) 24 hours prior to your intended arrival, and we guarantee a room will be available for you
Airport Chauffeur Service
Special Royal Ambassador Check-in desk
Instant Check-in: Show your Royal Ambassador Card, receive your key. It's as simple as that.
VIP Royal Ambassador Greeting and welcome gift
Instant Check-Out. No Waiting
Late checkout. Extend your checkout as late as 4pm
GUARANTEED Room Upgrade. Enjoy the luxury of an Executive Room or Suite every time you stay. It's immediately reserved for you when you book. [NOT At check-in]
Early check in: You'll never have to wait to refresh after your journey as your room will always be ready for you at 8am.
Complimentary Health Club Privileges. Access all facilities free-of-charge. [Actually, every InterCon I've stayed at since February 2004 (when I became Royal Ambassador), I've received a complimentary 1 hour massage at the hotel spa, as part of the benefits.]
Free Pay TV movies. Your first film is always on us.
Complimentary daily newspaper.
Complimenary mini-bar [including the alcohol]. Stay refreshed with as many items as you like, free-of-charge.
Complimentary weekend night certificate. Receive a free weekend night at the Intercontinental Hotel or resort of your choice each time your renew your ambassador status.

How to Earn Roay Ambassador Status:

edited to add recent changes:

The wording is you need to be one of the top 1% customers of ICHG.

We at flyertalk currently believe that this translates into 50 nights at ICHG group hotels with at least 5 stays at 5 different IC hotels. You need to be Ambassador first and then need to earn those nights and stays within one membership year which is a rolling year starting with the month you have enrolled into Ambassador.

Royal Ambassador Club allows members can extend the priviledges of Royal Ambassador Level Status/Membership to an associate, partner or spouse (for an initial fee of $150)

The person who is referred will NOT get a referral form in there membership pack, they will get a free weekend night voucher and a 5000 point voucher, they too can renew each year for a $100 fee they will also get platinum status with the priority club.

A Thread discussing what Royal Ambassadors have received at various hotels IC hotels

Ambassador Free Weekend Night Cert

Can I use Ambassador Free Weekend Night Cert at any of the IC Hotel group Properties??
The Ambassador club entitles you to benefits for stays at Intercontinental Hotels and Resorts. Therefore, your 2nd night free certificate can only be used at those properties and not at any other Priority Club property

Last edited by ralfkrippner; Jul 25, 2006 at 8:35 am
Old Oct 27, 2004, 8:54 am

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
deleted some out of date info - the moderator

Other query comes to mind is - they state 'no blackout dates for reward nights'. Unless anyone has actually managed to book a reward night at the IC Cannes during the film festival, or any Athens hotel during the Olympics, I would suggest that this is stretching the truth a bit.

Last edited by ralfkrippner; Jul 25, 2006 at 8:37 am
Old Oct 27, 2004, 10:50 am

Programs: Platinum Royal Ambassador,GC Elite,HH Gold,DC Gold,*A Gold
edited some out of date info - the moderator

I called Ambassador services and they said You have to requalify each year if you dont you will drop to Ambassador.

Last edited by ralfkrippner; Jul 25, 2006 at 8:39 am
Old Oct 27, 2004, 3:23 pm

Programs: PLAAT, IC Amb/PC Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Other query comes to mind is - they state 'no blackout dates for reward nights'. Unless anyone has actually managed to book a reward night at the IC Cannes during the film festival, or any Athens hotel during the Olympics, I would suggest that this is stretching the truth a bit.[/QUOTE]

It is not just stretching the truth, it is an outright false statement. Last month I booked 3 award night at IC Rome for next June. 2 days later, I tried to book another room for the same dates. It showed "reward nights unavailable," although there were plenty of rooms available at regular rates. I called the Plat line several times to open up another room for me. They supposedly contacted the General Manager of the hotel while I was put on hold, and each time was told "Sorry, this is a very busy time for the hotel and while they value our Platinum members (blah, blah), they are unable to accomodate your request."

Bottom line - It is at the hotel's discretion how many nights are available.
Old Oct 27, 2004, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
If you read the fine print with your membership details you will see that there are exceptions to the guaranteed reservation benefit and no blackout awards. These include government sell-outs and special events (I think the Cannes festival would fall into this category).
Old Oct 27, 2004, 9:53 pm

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
But where are they drawing the line exactly as to what qualifies as a special exception? Conferences, holiday periods etc? Loads of instances where I look for redemption, and is unavailable - probably about 35% of the time in fact - you wonder how much of that is because of the hotel actually deciding to withdraw the redemption ability, rather than the room inventory put aside for redemption being sold out.
Old Oct 28, 2004, 3:36 am

Programs: CX Gold, SPG Plat, PC Plat, TAP Gold
I'm currently PC club member level. By the end of this week I will have over 20,000 pts this calendar year. Will I become Gold immediately or will it be in January?

I will most likely hit the 60,000 point level for Platinum by the end of this calendar year too. Does this mean I can go straight from Club to Platinum and miss Gold out completely?
Old Oct 28, 2004, 10:10 am
btr

Programs: IHG, MP, Enterprise+
The new levels take effect as soon as they post. Most noticably, you'll start to see the 10% point bonus for Gold. So, unless you go from < 20,000 to > 60,000 pts in one stay - quite possible with the various current offers out there - you'd have a stop in Gold on your way to Platinum.
Old Oct 28, 2004, 10:38 am

Programs: CX Gold, SPG Plat, PC Plat, TAP Gold
Originally Posted by btr
The new levels take effect as soon as they post. Most noticably, you'll start to see the 10% point bonus for Gold. So, unless you go from < 20,000 to > 60,000 pts in one stay - quite possible with the various current offers out there - you'd have a stop in Gold on your way to Platinum.
Will my qualifying points get reset to zero when I qualify for Gold and therefore mean I actually have to get 80,000 before year's end to get Platinum?
Old Oct 28, 2004, 4:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Originally Posted by oyster
Will my qualifying points get reset to zero when I qualify for Gold and therefore mean I actually have to get 80,000 before year's end to get Platinum?

Hi
No is the simple answer. All you need to do now is get another 40,000 pts and you will get your Platinum status.

I have Platinum status and have used the free upgrades at a few places, been well worth it. The other good thing is the 50% bonus on base points. It certainly helps build up the points as well as the 3000 pts for every 3rd night (have managed 4 of theses so far with a few more on the cards).

Make sure you register for everything you can in order too push your points upto the magic 60,000.

regards
John
Old Nov 1, 2004, 9:12 am

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Question Ambassador Status?

I read some place that Ambassador members could gift status to people. Is this true? I did a search and could not find an answer.
Thanks in advance.
Jon
Old Nov 1, 2004, 4:44 pm
RCC

Originally Posted by BDLORD
I read some place that Ambassador members could gift status to people. Is this true? I did a search and could not find an answer.
Thanks in advance.
Jon
If mean by gift, to purchase for someone, then yes this is possible.

If you mean gift, by no charge, I am fairly certain that this is NOT the case(but confirm with someone that knows for SURE).

Ric
Old Nov 2, 2004, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K+1MM, MR Ttnm & lifetime PLT, Hilton Gld, IHG Pltn, Chi Dmd
Thumbs up Gift of Status

Ric is right..

Ambassador status isn't available for "gifting" for free... (someone pays somewhere along the line)...

What you might be thinking about is the "Sharing of the Priviledge" certificate that Royal Ambassadors get. This enables a Royal Amb. to share the "Royal" status with someone (i.e., gift Royal status), but, as normal, the $150 sign-up/enrollment fee still applies in this case.

- DD
Old Nov 2, 2004, 9:57 pm

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Questions on RA privileges

Airport Chauffeur Service
I assume this is still chargeable like for Ambassadors?

GUARANTEED Room Upgrade. Enjoy the luxury of an Executive Room or Suite every time you stay. It's immediately reserved for you when you book. [NOT At check-in]
Does this guarantee Club access? Its not clearly stated anywhere. As an Ambassador, I have been upgraded on check-in to Suites multiple times at the IC Singapore without Club access and I'm just wondering whether the same restriction of Club access would apply to an RA upgrade.

Complimenary mini-bar [including the alcohol]. Stay refreshed with as many items as you like, free-of-charge.
On a 20 night stay (for example), would the minibar be refilled every day or is it a per stay thingy?

Additional question on the RA referral form:
4.Does the person receiving the gifted RA status also receive another referral form?
Old Nov 9, 2004, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA1K, IC RA, *wood Plt, AA EXP, LH Sen, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, EK Gold
Hi,

Just became RA last week. Question? Will the person referred by me for RA (RA certificate) receive the same certificate, allowing him/her invite someone else? Is this certificate offered again upon renewal of RA status? Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.