Priority Club Levels and Royal/Ambassador status Details

Old Mar 29, 2009, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chompion
agreed. Plus spg platinum is no comparison to RA in terms of benefit. It's more comparable to Amabassador.
Can not comment on RA but the benefits of SPG plat are by far better than those of AMB
Old Mar 30, 2009, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
As a data point about qualifying for Royal Ambassador - I enrolled in Ambassador last year and my membership year was April 1-Mar31.

My IHG nights in that period have been 62 in total with 17 of those nights being IC stays at 3 different ICs all within South America.

A week ago I sent an email to Ambassador asking if I had qualified for Royal Ambassador and got a pleasant enough reply which basically just said "we'll keep an eye on your account and if it will happen it will happen" Since that email I have had one more night at a 4th IC within South America (which has not yet posted).

On checking in last night to IC Rio (one of the 3 ICs I have stayed at this year) I was recognised as Ambassador and asked if I wanted to renew for another year as my membership expires in 3 days. I decided to do so and on logging on to priorityclub.com today see that I have been upgraded to Royal Ambassador - they must have been really hanging out for my $100 or is it the case that you will not be upgraded unless you renew for the following year?
There's probably a deadline past where they will not upgrade you to RA even if you have the required nights. Think how pissed you'd be if you got RA status a month earlier that expired in a month and 3 days!!!! So maybe they don't upgrade with less than 2 or 3 months left in the RA year (which might be why they "look" at your acct initially 2-3 months in advance for downgrading?). But once you pay up and extend your Amb membership, they upgraded you right off the bat.....................^
Old Apr 14, 2009, 7:19 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
We closed this thread, because this one is replaced by the new master thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...er-thread.html

szg
CO-Moderator Intercontinental Hotels forum

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.