Priority Club Levels and Royal/Ambassador status Details

Old Jun 12, 2005, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Aisle Seat H
One outstanding issue however - on the IC New Oreleans thread jessej has stated that though he has stayed at 3 ICs already this year that he has been told by the PC that he won't be upgraded to RA, and suspects that this is cos he is "way short of 50 nights in PC hotels" this year.

Is this how it works, do we think ? When I stay in my third IC of the year it will only be about my 15 night - I am an Amb. and have already re-earned Plat. due to all the bonus miles etc, but will this lack of nights work against me ?

Should I wait before calling them to suggest they might wanna make me RA until I have a few more nights than that ?

I read that too and can only surmise there are other factors at play. Or IC has decided they were being too liberal with the 3 stay eligibility requirement and have made the change back to the original requirement of 50 nights a year. Could be jessej hasn't been an AMBASSADOR very long. We've seen a lot of other inconsistencies pop up, like some referrals being rejected. Or maybe he just got a CSA who read the old requirements. Who knows? Once you do your third stay, wait until its posted and see what happens. Let us know...
Old Jun 12, 2005, 8:10 pm

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
Spring cleaning 06 !

Last edited by Aisle Seat H; Apr 14, 2006 at 9:24 am
Old Jun 13, 2005, 12:46 am

The info that I received from the Ambassador Service Center was that to qualify for RA, in addition to staying at 3 different ICs, it was also necessary to stay for either 50 nights or to accumulate 60,000 points in one's PC account (i.e. (re)qualify for Platinum). Given the current bonus bonanza, the latter condition could be relatively easy to meet.

Has anyone here been invited to RA after stays at 3 different ICs, and without accumulating 60,000 points?
Old Jun 13, 2005, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I thought you needed to already be Platinum, have 3 IC stays in the current year AND have 60k points in your account from the current year (ie already secured requalification)?

As far as I know, no-one on this board has ever got RA simply by doing 3 IC stays in one year if they were not already Plat. Let's be realistic for a minute - it would be commercial suicide for IC if the rules were that weak.
Old Jun 13, 2005, 4:13 am

Programs: Some basic level ones
Originally Posted by RJB
I thought you needed to already be Platinum, have 3 IC stays in the current year AND have 60k points in your account from the current year (ie already secured requalification)?

As far as I know, no-one on this board has ever got RA simply by doing 3 IC stays in one year if they were not already Plat. Let's be realistic for a minute - it would be commercial suicide for IC if the rules were that weak.
Ah - I was hoping to make RA after my next IC stay (third this year) I have also earned the 60K of points this year for Plat. However, I only joined PC last year and was only Gold last year.

Is this likely to rule me out for RA this year?

Cheers

Marcel
Old Jun 13, 2005, 5:45 pm

Spring cleaning 06 !

Old Jun 17, 2005, 8:39 am

Programs: IHG Amb, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Avis P'sC, AAA-Plus
My experience was that I had acheived Plat in April of this year ( I believe for the 3rd or 4th yr now, it's all a daze). I stayed this past December 2004 (4 days) at the IC Le Grand, March 2005 at the IC Houston (1 night) and April 2005 (2 nights) IC Austin. I believe it was late May 2005 that I received to my surprise the coveted RA blue Box with all of the goodies.

However, my luggae tags were "only" Amabassadors. So, I sent an inquiry e-mail asking if I could receive RA luggage tags. The next day I received a very apoligetic email stating they would be mailed right away. I secretly hoped (the freebie-greedy SOB that I am aren't all of us FT'ersl in a way ) they would send and extra BOGO free night certificate or 5k coupon. No extra coup or cert w/ my RA luggage tags (oh well)... but the bottom line is, I'M RA wooooohhhhooooo!!!! And, all I have to do is pay $100 or 20K in PC pts to maintain in the future. B/ well worth it considering there'll be a 5K coupon and a BOGO free night certificate each year.

Pardon my excitement, but the thought of "open bar" is very appealing, however I will refrain from bringing an extra suitcase, I do have ethics after all , welll maybe I just don't want the little bottles to break in my suitcase

Last edited by dahorns; Jun 17, 2005 at 8:44 am
Old Jun 17, 2005, 9:46 am

Spring cleaning 06 !

Old Jun 17, 2005, 9:50 am

Programs: PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Gold Elite, UA 2P, Starwood Gold, Avis First, Bolt Bus $1 Rider
Originally Posted by Aisle Seat H
This, I'm glad to hear, does indeed seem to still be the case then, which means I will hopefully qualify after my 3rd IC stay next month - this seems backed-up by this post on another Thread here too http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...0&postcount=30

Any one know though whether the fact that this is my first year as a Amb. makes any difference/might mean they won't make me RA ?
not sure

i completed my 4th IC stay (this year) at my 3rd different IC
also made plat status this year
but only have 9 nights at pc hotels

i inquired about RA status and was told i would not get it
Old Jun 17, 2005, 10:04 am

Spring cleaning 06 !

Last edited by Aisle Seat H; Apr 14, 2006 at 9:25 am
Old Jun 17, 2005, 12:35 pm

Programs: IHG Amb, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Avis P'sC, AAA-Plus
how many night have you had this year dahorns ? Is it a lot or a few ?
between all of the IC/IH properties between 1/1/05 and present I have 2 dozen nights.

I also have about 2 or 3 more dozen nights in hotels coming up for business before the end of the year, and a few pleasure nights.

I requalified for Plat 2006 in April of this year.
Old Jun 18, 2005, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA GS, SPG Plat
Does RA require 3 different IC's?

I will stay over 80 nights in the same IC this year. It just happens to be my hotel of choice while I'm on assignment. I've already made plat, and purchased my Amb status. Should I make a run at the end of the year and stay in 2 other IC's so that I hit the 3 IC minimum? Or should I be invited to RA just based upon my stay volume? Any experts with advice would be appreciated.
Old Jun 19, 2005, 1:41 am

Programs: Some basic level ones
Originally Posted by UABigBird
I will stay over 80 nights in the same IC this year. It just happens to be my hotel of choice while I'm on assignment. I've already made plat, and purchased my Amb status. Should I make a run at the end of the year and stay in 2 other IC's so that I hit the 3 IC minimum? Or should I be invited to RA just based upon my stay volume? Any experts with advice would be appreciated.
I'm no expert, but as I understand it more than 50 nights in an IC should qualify you if you are already a Plat Amb.

Good luck!

Marcel
Old Jun 19, 2005, 11:00 am

Programs: PC Gold; SPG AAA; HiHo Silver; Hrtz Gld; Emld Clb; UA NWA NoBody; VA EleVAte; WN MooMoo
Originally Posted by mlpinto
I'm no expert, but as I understand it more than 50 nights in an IC should qualify you if you are already a Plat Amb.

Good luck!

Marcel
I think the OP refers to becoming a Royal Amb.

I do believe you have to stay a 3 different ICs.
Old Jun 19, 2005, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by UABigBird

You should speak to the manager of the IC you've spent those nights at and ask him/her to get your status upgraded. The old requirement for top tier SixContinentsClub and the first version of Ambassador was 50 nights or so at ICs [i.e. true, InterConti-branded properties, not HIs, CPs, etc.]. This appears to have been changed, but I would think a word from the manager of your favourite IC should prompt a status upgrade in spite of not having stayed at three different ICs. Try that first, and if it doesn't work, then go for a high-end Matress Run.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.