Priority Club Levels and Royal/Ambassador status Details

Old May 7, 2005, 7:09 am

Programs: Platinum Royal Ambassador,GC Elite,HH Gold,DC Gold,*A Gold
Originally Posted by RJB
My luggage tags say RA on them in big letters!

I'd ring and ask for the proper ones. Rumour has it they sometimes come with another 5k points voucher by mistake!
I have lost 2 sets of RA tags and they just send them out now in a white envelope so no voucher

Dino

Last edited by Dino2020; May 7, 2005 at 7:13 am
Old May 7, 2005, 7:32 am

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
Spring cleaning 06 !

Last edited by Aisle Seat H; Apr 14, 2006 at 9:20 am
Old May 7, 2005, 7:38 am

Programs: DL Skymiles, Priority Club Plat AMB.,HHonors Gold,Amex
Originally Posted by Dino2020
I have lost 2 sets of RA tags and they just send them out now in a white envelope so no voucher

Dino

Same here Dino2020, I actually tried getting an extra luggage tag (from the word on the street here) and it came in an evelope(no cert ) and a simple note. Can't win 'em all I guess.
Old May 7, 2005, 7:39 am

Programs: Platinum Royal Ambassador,GC Elite,HH Gold,DC Gold,*A Gold
Originally Posted by Aisle Seat H
Ta, again... was my subtle way of asking whether someone would be so kind as to volunteer to refer me ! (Am now an A)
Put a request on the coupon connection for one, dont ask in here please

Dino

Last edited by Dino2020; May 7, 2005 at 7:41 am
Old May 7, 2005, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by Dino2020
Put a request on the coupon connection for one, dont ask in here please

Dino
Sorry Dino, just learning the rules. Didn't realise such a thing was a coupon connection kind of thing, but now I think about it I won't get such a thing for free/someone will want something for it won't they ?!? People on FT are great types, but not THAT great !

Excuse the fumblings of this PC Forum newbie (second time I have written that today !), think I understand how things work now.

Thanks again Dino, and everyone else, for your patience and help, this Forum has been of tremendous use/interest.

H
Old May 18, 2005, 1:41 pm

Spring cleaning 06 !

Last edited by Aisle Seat H; Apr 14, 2006 at 9:20 am
Old May 18, 2005, 4:54 pm

Question about RA time period

Another question about RA for the experts:

When you first are invited to become RA, how long is the original period that this status is valid for?

I was informed today that I have qualified for RA, but that it is valid until Nov 2005, which is the anniversary of my enrollment in PC. I know that I might be able to renew this for $100, but it seems rather strange to only be offered this for 6 months. My Platinum status has already been renewed until Nov 2006. How long were other RAs initial invitations for? I would have expected a year, and possibly until Nov 2006 on the basis that qualification was dependent on meeting the criteria in this calendar year, and that the requirement was met in (only) 5 months.

Many thanks in advance for sharing your insights.
Old May 19, 2005, 5:46 pm

RA Renewal Feedback

When seeking clarification about the renewal criteria for RA, I received an email that says that paying the annual renewal fee of $100 is all that is necessary to maintain RA status. Since one of the RA privileges is Platinum membership in PC, this implies that once an RA Platinum, always an RA Platinum, as long as you are prepared to fork out $100 a year. I was not told what the requirement is for "free" renewal.

This seems to confirm the general consensus here.
Old May 22, 2005, 6:03 pm

Spring cleaning 06 !

Last edited by Aisle Seat H; Apr 14, 2006 at 9:21 am
Old May 23, 2005, 4:42 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by Aisle Seat H
1) The only date on it is the Amb. expiry date (June 2006, under where it says Amb.), which implies that the Plat. status is valid until then, even though I have not yet requalified for Plat for 2006.
Your Ambassador expiry date is determined by the purchase date (expires 12 months from date of purchase) and is therefore independent of your Plat status expiry date, which like most frequent flyer/stay programs, is good for the rest of the year in which you earned this status, as well as the following calendar year.

From the T&Cs:
PRIORITY CLUBŪ REWARDS GOLD, PLATINUM ("ELITE") MEMBERSHIPS

1. Priority ClubŪ Rewards Gold membership will be awarded to you if you have a minimum of 15 nights at Qualifying Rates or if you earn at least 20,000 points during a calendar year. Priority ClubŪ Rewards Platinum membership will be awarded to you if you have a minimum of 50 nights at Qualifying Rates or if you earn at least 60,000 points during a calendar year. Once you have earned Elite membership status in any calendar year, you will maintain such status through the end of the following calendar year. (Boldface mine) Members may also purchase a Gold membership for a fee of $50 USD which can only be paid for by an accepted credit card. Gold memberships that are purchased are only valid for the duration of the calendar year in which they are purchased.
Note that different rules apply to purchased PC Gold status, and most probably to the PC elite status that is automatically conferred with the purchase of Ambassador status.

2) It says 'Platinum Elite' in the bottom left hand corner, even though my old one only said 'Platinum'. Does this 'Elite' bit actually mean anything?
No.

I assume it must mean something, and if so does this in fact mean that getting Amb. DOES in fact give you benefits at other IC Group hotels apart from Intercontinentals thelselves ?
The Gold elite status that is automatically conferred with the purchase of Ambassador status does give one some minor perks, but the actual Ambassador status, at least according to the T&Cs, does not.

Again from the T&Cs:
INTERCONTINENTAL AMBASSADOR STATUS

1. As a Priority ClubŪ Rewards member, you may also purchase InterContinental Ambassador status. Purchase of InterContinental Ambassador status entitles you to higher levels of recognition and to all published benefits of InterContinental Ambassador status valid only (boldface mine) at InterContinental and Forum hotels and resorts worldwide.
I hope I've answered your questions, Aisle Seat H.
Old May 23, 2005, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by DoubleJ
I hope I've answered your questions, Aisle Seat H.
You have DoubleJ, thanks for taking the time. Still can't understand why they would write 'Platinum' on the regular card sent three weeks ago, but would write 'Platinum Elite' on the Amb. one just sent if the Elite bit means nothing, just one of those things I guess !
Old Jun 1, 2005, 7:03 am

Programs: FD silver, PC plat. royal ambassador, SPG gold, HH gold, MR silver
Originally Posted by Radioman
Hi
They sent me out a new package when I reached Platinum.
I'm a gold still but will become plat in a few weeks, if I apply for ambassador now while I'm still gold, will I get another free night cert once I make plat?
Old Jun 8, 2005, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by eutow
Another question about RA for the experts:

When you first are invited to become RA, how long is the original period that this status is valid for?

I was informed today that I have qualified for RA, but that it is valid until Nov 2005, which is the anniversary of my enrollment in PC. I know that I might be able to renew this for $100, but it seems rather strange to only be offered this for 6 months. My Platinum status has already been renewed until Nov 2006. How long were other RAs initial invitations for? I would have expected a year, and possibly until Nov 2006 on the basis that qualification was dependent on meeting the criteria in this calendar year, and that the requirement was met in (only) 5 months.

Many thanks in advance for sharing your insights.

AMBASSADOR and RA membership is on a 12-month cycle based on the month you first joined. PC elite status is based on the calendar year, based on earnings in the previous calendar year. One is elevated to Gold or Plat midyear once passing the required number of earned points, and then keeps that status through the following year.

If you receive an invitation to move up to RA, or earn the upgrade by staying at the required three properties within a given year, your new RA status remains for the balance of your original AMB/RA membership period. So it may well not be for a full 12-months initially. You will then be sent the normal renewal offer, and once you pay your $100, you will hold RA for another full 12-months.

However, if you are already an AMBASSADOR and receive an RA upgrade invitation, you do not have to pay the $150 fee. Your existing membership will be upgraded for the balance of your current term. Then you'll get your renewal offer requiring the $100 payment.

As for the Expiry Date on the RA card, it refers only to your AMB status and not your PC status. If for some reason one does not wish to renew AMB/RA, then you'd receive a new PC-only card [Plat or Gold] with the expiry either of the end of the current year, or the following year if at that time you'd earned elite status for the following year.

I don't think the word "Elite" means anything other than an addition to clarify details of the PC program.
Old Jun 9, 2005, 10:49 am

Programs: FD silver, PC plat. royal ambassador, SPG gold, HH gold, MR silver
I love this program

Originally Posted by paul_nl
I'm a gold still but will become plat in a few weeks, if I apply for ambassador now while I'm still gold, will I get another free night cert once I make plat?
After my last stay I was only short of 193 points.
Last night I send an e-mail to prioirityclub about only needing 193 to become plat . Today I look at my account, and guess what??? THEY ADDED ANOTHER 193 POINTS TO MY ACCOUNT TO MAKE ME PLAT ^ ^ . This is what I really call customer-teasing

Last edited by paul_nl; Jun 9, 2005 at 12:13 pm
Old Jun 12, 2005, 4:12 pm

Spring cleaning 06 !

Last edited by Aisle Seat H; Apr 14, 2006 at 9:23 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.