Priority Club Levels and Royal/Ambassador status Details

Old Jul 6, 2007, 4:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
Originally Posted by DoubleJ
In my case, hanging on to the account statements mailed from PC gives me a record of my stays and other account activity.
How often do you get these statements? I have been PC member for 1,5 years, have signed up several times online and even mailed PC but yet I have never received a statement...
Old Jul 6, 2007, 2:10 pm

Programs: PC Plat Amb, SPG, KLM Flying Blue, Lufthansa Miles&More
Originally Posted by mapu
How often do you get these statements? I have been PC member for 1,5 years, have signed up several times online and even mailed PC but yet I have never received a statement...
I receive them twice a month - e-statement and e-newsletter. If you do not get them better check your account settings (My Travel Profiles / Communication Preferences ).
Old Jul 7, 2007, 4:44 am

Programs: Mileage Plus
Cool Newbie question - Ambo status worth if...

I am PC Platinum. I have quite a few points and checked with PC regarding purchase and they said 24K points.

I am going to South America and will be near Buene's Airies, thought it would be nice to stay at the IC there occassionally.

I guess at 24K miles that's just a night at a Holiday Inn and I will get the free night coupon.

Someone want to push me towards the purchase : )
Old Jul 8, 2007, 3:12 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
If you plan to stay at an IC hotel on a weekend in the next 6 - 9 months, purchase the membership for 24 K. You get a free weekend night certificate (buy one, get one free) and a 5,000 PC point certificate.

mxm135
Old Jul 10, 2007, 6:40 am

Programs: AA EXP/*wood Plat/Hilton Gold/Hyatt Discoverist
Status Match Assistance

I have poked around here and this forum has a lot of info. Thanks in advance.

I am moving about $40,000 worth of business over to a IC property. Currently SPG Gold and Hilton Diamond - earned, not comped.

I will achieve the IC Plat by earning the stays in due course. However, I want to walk in on Day 1 as Plat for diverting my business and that of several others from one chain to IC.

What is the best way to achieve a status match to IC Plat? I have about 10 days to accomplish this.

I appreciate any assistance and look forward to joining the IC ranks and forum. Thank you.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blitzkriegs

I am moving about $40,000 worth of business over to a IC property. Currently SPG Gold and Hilton Diamond - earned, not comped.

I will achieve the IC Plat by earning the stays in due course. However, I want to walk in on Day 1 as Plat for diverting my business and that of several others from one chain to IC.

What is the best way to achieve a status match to IC Plat? I have about 10 days to accomplish this.

I appreciate any assistance and look forward to joining the IC ranks and forum. Thank you.
I recommend you take a look at this thread regarding the status match.

Just to clarify, Plat doesn't really get you anything at an IC property. IC has their own program, which is the Ambassador program. It is very hard to matcfh to it, but you can purchase Ambassador for $150, which includes a free weekend night and 5K points. RA will require a lot of nights split between at least three properties.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by njaneardude
I am PC Platinum. I have quite a few points and checked with PC regarding purchase and they said 24K points.

I am going to South America and will be near Buene's Airies, thought it would be nice to stay at the IC there occassionally.

I guess at 24K miles that's just a night at a Holiday Inn and I will get the free night coupon.

Someone want to push me towards the purchase : )
At least in my situation that wouldn't be worth it, assuming you can use your points. Since 40K will get you any IC, that means you value a night at any IC at less than $300, which seems a bit low. Personally I would pay cash to purchase it, but if you have the points and have no better use for them, you might as well go for it.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 8:41 am

Programs: UA Nobody, HH Silver, PC Platinum

As Lucky said. Also, you won't be offered RA, on spending/nights spent, unless you are Ambassador, as I understand the program. You can sign up on the website, and immediately print out your Ambassador card. Platinum status comes with only 60,000 points earned from any source - stays, bonuses, credit card usage, exchange from Amex Rewards, etc.
Welcome to the wonderful world of IC!
Kate
Old Jul 10, 2007, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
There is no such a thing as IC PLT. There is Priority Club Platinum that benefits do not apply to InterContinental hotels. PC PLT benefits are really horrible compared to HH DIA. If you mainly stay at non IC properties of IHG I would not bother.

if you on the other hand stay at the IC's you can after 50 or so stays earn Royal Ambassador that brings in all the goodies that you are looking for. Remember to sign up for the Ambassador program ASAP.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
I recommend you take a look at this thread regarding the status match.

Just to clarify, Plat doesn't really get you anything at an IC property. IC has their own program, which is the Ambassador program. It is very hard to matcfh to it, but you can purchase Ambassador for $150, which includes a free weekend night and 5K points. RA will require a lot of nights split between at least three properties.
Thanks for the thread link!!!

I think I confued myself + others. yeah, I am moving to a PC property. So, it does not sound like PC benefits apply to IC properties - that sucks.

However, the propery I am at no is no longer cost effective for my travel schedule. Apparently, I knew I was downgrading property to keep more $ for my wallet, but also going to downgrade in the Benefits department too. The points achieved elsewhere are not THAT important to bear the costs associated with the property.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by holtju2
There is no such a thing as IC PLT. There is Priority Club Platinum that benefits do not apply to InterContinental hotels. PC PLT benefits are really horrible compared to HH DIA. If you mainly stay at non IC properties of IHG I would not bother.

if you on the other hand stay at the IC's you can after 50 or so stays earn Royal Ambassador that brings in all the goodies that you are looking for. Remember to sign up for the Ambassador program ASAP.
Thanks for clarifying. I will look into this further. I appreciate your input.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, PCR Plat/Amb
Two observations on PC Platinum

1) I finally had to use my Platinum "guaranteed room availability 72 hours in advance" perk, and it worked like a champ. I tried online, and no luck (and no other ICH in the area), so I called the 800 number. She said there was no availability, but would I like to use my guarantee? Yes, please. She interfaced with the hotel and got it done in just a minute. Thanks!

2) Last year around Sept I upgraded to the new PC Visa, angling for the 15K points to push me over the brink to stay Plat. Oct and Nov I got statements with "Priority Club Visa Bonus -- 0 points", and I called to find out when the points would come in. Soon, soon... yeh, whatever. Long story short, they never came in. December ended and I had about 46,000 points.

I checked my account in early Jan, and it still said Platinum (?). Not sure how, but I stayed Platinum (and still Plat now).

Jan 6, the 15K points came in. And the 15K went towards THIS year's 50K. So maybe if you're close, they give it to you (or maybe it's because I whined about the 15K).

Just a couple of stories/observations about PC Platinum... I haven't read the whole thread so forgive me if I've repeated someone (we call that 'smeeking' in another forum).
Old Jul 16, 2007, 3:01 pm

Programs: BA Silver / Bonyoy Platinum
Martinp13

Welcome to Flyertalk (from a post count point of view ).

Great to hear the guarantee worked for you. What was the rate like? I am about to book the IC Frankfurt and the Best Available rate is 129 Euro. Curious to know if that is the rate I would pay if the hotel was sold out.

Or where you forced to pay for the room class that was available be it a Deluxe Room or a Suite?

Cheers, Rich
Old Jul 18, 2007, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Great Forum, lots of info

Hello everyone. I have been learning about IC status levels from reading your posts. Now I am jumping in, just confirming what I have learned and ask a few questions.

I am a Hilton Diamond now but will be a gold when the card renews in April 2008. I will likely keep gold status through AMEX credit card spend levels so I can expand to try another chain.

The Hilton chain has treated me well, particularly outside of the US. In US hotels, there is not much differentiation in treatment of golds vs diamonds.

I am most interested in the IC, and what the IC can offer me both in the US and internationally. I find it interesting that you can buy AMB status and with RA you can raid the minibar for drinks. Interesting promotion.

So here are the questions--
After searching the Forum, I am not sure how the chauffeur service from the airport works. If an AMB, is there a reduced charge? What about return to the airport?
Are there a decent selection of ICs in the US?

Thanks all. I hope once I begin my stays, I will have something to contribute.

Cheers--Mary Anne
Old Aug 3, 2007, 6:20 pm

Status Match Update

Thanks to everyone here...^

PC matched my Hilton Diamond to a PC Platinum. Pretty simple process.

{Edited to change from PC DIamond to Platinum}

Last edited by blitzkriegs; Aug 4, 2007 at 12:29 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.