Priority Club Levels and Royal/Ambassador status Details

Old May 3, 2005, 4:00 pm

Programs: Platinum Royal Ambassador,GC Elite,HH Gold,DC Gold,*A Gold
Originally Posted by Aisle Seat H
Ta Dino, that is what I thought.

And I'll be re-making Plat. - thanks to the points gained due to this Forum - by early June, so ta all for that.

And welcome back... hope you enjoyed your trip to the BMI Forum (even though you did do that Mod only thing ) !!!

H
Saying that though if you make 3 stays at IC's there is a chance you could call RA and ask for the status I got it for 3 stays, then you renew each year for a $100 and you will be Platinum for your HI CP for life (or untill they change the RA program)

Dino
Old May 3, 2005, 5:00 pm

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
Spring cleaning 06 !

Last edited by Aisle Seat H; Apr 14, 2006 at 9:18 am
Old May 4, 2005, 1:18 pm

Spring cleaning 06 !

Last edited by Aisle Seat H; Apr 14, 2006 at 9:18 am
Old May 4, 2005, 11:00 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, 2MM; Hilton Diamond; IC Platinum Ambassador
Very,very interesting Dino. What is likelyhood of them giving me RA after 3 stays (would I have to join A before 1st stay ?)/this working ?
I'm no Dino2020 , but my experience was that as a multiyear PM, but not Amb., it was only after I joined as an Ambassador and stayed at three different IC's that I was automatically promoted to RA. Those three IC stays only added up to about 10 days in IC's, but I already had reached the PM level with PC for that year in mid-June.

On the lifetime PM matter, it seems to be the latest wisdom as far as the board can determine that RA status would be renewed every year with 3 IC stays. Beyond that, we'll have to hear from others.

Casimir
Old May 5, 2005, 9:35 am

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
A question related to the current discussion:

Must it be 3 stays at 3 different ICs, or can it be 3 stays at the same hotel, or one stay at hotel A and 2 stays at hotel B?
Old May 5, 2005, 11:20 am
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
1) If I mainly stay at HIs and Crown Plazas (and occasionally HI Express, when I have to ! ) is there any point me getting Ambassador ?
This is exactly the issue I am comtemplating. I have been Gold for the past two years and now have made PLT pretty quickly this year (although my account shows maintained for 06). I mostly stay at HIs, HIXs, and CPs as well so I don't see the velua in me purchasing AMB status. However buying it via points and with the 5k bonus makes it only 19k which is better. Still not sure I'll use any of the benefits other than the Cert.

About using PLT privileges, does the guaranteed room availability apply to reward rooms or just rooms for purchase as well? I can never seem to find availability at a few CP I like for reward nights.
Old May 5, 2005, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Helena Handbaskets
A question related to the current discussion:

Must it be 3 stays at 3 different ICs, or can it be 3 stays at the same hotel, or one stay at hotel A and 2 stays at hotel B?
The info posted in previous threads said it must be three different hotels, not just three stays.
Old May 6, 2005, 11:52 am

I've just received my RA 'lucky bag' and noted the luggage tags are identical to the Ambassador one I already have...is this correct?

I had hoped they would say ROYAL Ambassador or something equally pretentious.

Oh...and please...no requests for the referral certificate folks...it's already promised to another FT'er who got in first with the begging bowl.
Old May 6, 2005, 2:03 pm

Nothing to add Dino ?!? I've been on the edge of my seat awaiting your response ! I doubt i'm the only person here to get excited by the words "Platinum for life " !
The honest answer is I dont know as other like me who got promoted with 3 stays or more were ambassadors, but look at it this way become an Ambassaodr for say $150 and get some airline miles from it, you also get a free weekend night voucher, and a points cert for 5k, this has to be worth the $150 doallrs on its own.

I joined IC ambassaodr with the Delta promo, I have used one of my vouchers for a booking and it saved me over $385 for one night so they pay for themselves if you use them at the right IC, also in that deal got a free return flight with delta UK to Europe saved me $300, the delta promo was a good deal for sure, but if you use your free weekend night cert at the right IC you can make a profit off the joining fee.

Dino
Old May 6, 2005, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by Doppy
The info posted in previous threads said it must be three different hotels, not just three stays.
Yes sorry meant 3 different IC hotels, not 3 stays.

Dino
Old May 6, 2005, 3:38 pm

Spring cleaning 06 !

Last edited by Aisle Seat H; Apr 14, 2006 at 9:19 am
Old May 7, 2005, 5:53 am

Cheers Dino, great info, much appreciated.

May indeed do it. Pays for itself as you say.

And is this Delta Promo still running (not one of their FFs, but am never one to say no to free flights ! ) ?

Ta again.

Edit - P.S. : "and a points cert for 5k" I assume means 5,000 PC points ?
Yes 5000 PC points.

And no the delta 25000 mile promo was a one off, it swamped Ambassador desk I seem to recall, have a look through the first page sure there is a Airline program that could be some use for you

Dino
Old May 7, 2005, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by JimmyTheJock
I've just received my RA 'lucky bag' and noted the luggage tags are identical to the Ambassador one I already have...is this correct?

I had hoped they would say ROYAL Ambassador or something equally pretentious.

Oh...and please...no requests for the referral certificate folks...it's already promised to another FT'er who got in first with the begging bowl.
My luggage tags say RA on them in big letters!

I'd ring and ask for the proper ones. Rumour has it they sometimes come with another 5k points voucher by mistake!
Old May 7, 2005, 6:12 am

Spring cleaning 06 !

Last edited by Aisle Seat H; Apr 14, 2006 at 9:19 am
Old May 7, 2005, 7:08 am

Thanks !

And can people RAs still refer/invite As to be RAs ?
As long as you have earnt RA status (3 different IC's) and not have been given a RA cert/voucher you will be allowed to referr a new member once per year, though some have been given referral certs even though they were referred, luck of the draw I guess, all this info can be found with a button called search

Dino

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.