Priority Club Levels and Royal/Ambassador status Details

Old Mar 18, 2005, 8:54 am

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
First and foremost, thank you to the tremendous moderating and "value-add" you are bringing to this forum in particular. This is what Randy hadd in mind!

About 95% of travel is domestic US, nothing less than 50 nights a year at IC products. My guess would be half are CPs, the HI selects and so on. I am an original Priority club member since 1985.

Is it worth it for me to pursue Ambassador or RA? As I said, I spend maybe 5 to 10 days a year overseas tops.

Frankly I find it hard to believe that some of the Front Desk staff at alot of the US properties would even know what it is.

Thanks again!

Thumper
Old Mar 18, 2005, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Assuming you are already Platinum, you are unlikely to get any better service from HI's or CP's as a Royal Ambassador.

However, given the current airline bonuses (see the other sticky), the 5000 point PC voucher and the free weekend night voucher, its hard to see how you would not get value for money for your $150.

And, since you will meet the RA criteria if you squeeze in 3 nights at IC's, you will be able to upgrade to RA. You may only use it once or twice per year, but its worth it just for that if you get a suite upgrade and free minibar.
Old Mar 18, 2005, 11:09 am

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
Originally Posted by aku
I signed up for Ambassador today and asked the agent if there are specific, official criteria for RA status.

"Yes:
  • Stay 50 nights or more at IC hotels (any brand), starting the day you join Ambassador
  • Stay at three or more different Intercontinentals"
Ouch - I pity the bloke who spent 49 nights at somewhere like CP American in Amsterdam,or C.P. U.N.
Old Mar 20, 2005, 9:50 am

Cool Can Ambassador reserve 2 room, and get upgraded?

what are my chances for upgrade, if I get 2 rooms, and am a Ambassador?
The hotel choice is IC

Thanks
Old Mar 20, 2005, 12:05 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
At the IC Berlin, I was upgraded and had free minibar for only one of the two rooms I booked, which was the right way to do it.
Old Mar 20, 2005, 4:24 pm

Programs: Flying Blue life Platinum , *A Gold ,PC Plat. IC Royal Ambassador , SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by bikesh
what are my chances for upgrade, if I get 2 rooms, and am a Ambassador?
The hotel choice is IC

Thanks
Unfortunately the rules are as they are... Advantages only for the cardholder. May be if you are a great customer in he Hotel you project
to stay you can ask for the manager before (I did it for a friend of mine in an IC where I spend usually more than 30 nights in a year) I would certainly ask for, just to try. Who knows.......
Old Mar 22, 2005, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Originally Posted by ralfkrippner
Another service provided by flyertalker Dino2020:

You do not need to requalify once your a Royal Ambassador you simply renew each year for a $100, on renewal you will receive another refferal form(see below) and another weekend free night voucher and a 5000 point voucher.
You will also keep platinum status with the priority club.

So as long as one is RA, the renewal is simply $100 each year regardless of number if stays at IC or PC properties?

Thanks
Old Mar 23, 2005, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Motion122
So as long as one is RA, the renewal is simply $100 each year regardless of number if stays at IC or PC properties? Thanks
I posted this question as well recently. The truth is, we don't know. No-one on FT has ever been downgraded from RA to A as far as I know. Internaut got renewed with 1 IC stay all year! In any event, IC can change the rules as they wish, I suppose. I expect we will get more evidence over the next few months as more RA's come up for renewal.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 12:20 pm

Programs: PC Plat/IC Ambassador
Question Coupon Corner

Would someone direct me to the Coupon exchange forum please?

I am a Plat. PC whose travel until now has not included major city centers (where the IC's are) but that's changing now...Am signing up for Ambassador (a steal at $150 with a free weekend night and then some!) and will certainly make RA 2006 within the year but I'd really like to start RA now if I can acquire a referral certificate! Problem is, I can't find this coupon exchange forum!

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
Originally Posted by jpeg11
Would someone direct me to the Coupon exchange forum please?

I am a Plat. PC whose travel until now has not included major city centers (where the IC's are) but that's changing now...Am signing up for Ambassador (a steal at $150 with a free weekend night and then some!) and will certainly make RA 2006 within the year but I'd really like to start RA now if I can acquire a referral certificate! Problem is, I can't find this coupon exchange forum!

Thanks in advance.
I think you need a certain amount of posts and or time period to access this feature.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 1:04 pm

Programs: PC Plat/IC Ambassador
RE: Coupon forum and Trouble using points

Originally Posted by sobore
I think you need a certain amount of posts and or time period to access this feature.
That's the price I pay for lurking rather than participating!

Has anyone tried using their PC points to book rooms for family members? I have trouble using my points because when I'm not travelling for work I'd rather stay at home! I don't need airline points and none of the redemption choices appeal to me. Am wondering whether I can treat my parents or sister to a weekend get-away using my points.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 5:44 pm

Programs: HH Gold, PC-Plat/Royal Ambassador
Royal Ambassador mini-bar perk

Does the free mini-bar include any food (chocolate bars, nuts etc.) or just drinks?
Old Mar 23, 2005, 11:09 pm

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Originally Posted by par7555
Does the free mini-bar include any food (chocolate bars, nuts etc.) or just drinks?
Officially only drinks. Some hotels offer snacks free too....see the link discussing RA experiences in the first post of this thread.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 8:35 am

Programs: WN A List Preferred and CP, AA, IHG Spire, Hertz #1 Gold 5*, Hilton Diamond, Enterprise Platinum
Originally Posted by jpeg11
That's the price I pay for lurking rather than participating!

Has anyone tried using their PC points to book rooms for family members? I have trouble using my points because when I'm not travelling for work I'd rather stay at home! I don't need airline points and none of the redemption choices appeal to me. Am wondering whether I can treat my parents or sister to a weekend get-away using my points.
I do it all the time. Just put their name in the comments section when you are making the reservation online.
Old Mar 27, 2005, 9:18 pm

When I have attempted to book rooms online at Holiday Inns and Crowne Plaza, I seem to always get (at the confirmation stage) "Ambassador benefits do not apply" or something like that. What does that mean? Do you only receive Ambassador benefits at Intercontinental properties?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.