Priority Club Levels and Royal/Ambassador status Details

Old Nov 9, 2004, 2:28 pm

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
Originally Posted by flying MD
Hi,

Just became RA last week. Question? Will the person referred by me for RA (RA certificate) receive the same certificate, allowing him/her invite someone else? Is this certificate offered again upon renewal of RA status? Thanks.

No idea, but consider referring me, if not too late, as my fiancee is also an MD (english equiv.) who needs convincing of the merits of the IC chain for our pending honeymoon?! p.s. it's a bloody scandal how the airlines don't provide any upgrades/compensation at all for medics on-board, even though they have her name down as a Doc., she gets shunted to the back of the plane every time. Do they really think that on a 14 hour flight on the next-gen of Airbuses with 650 people on-board, they can do without one?!
Old Nov 13, 2004, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA ExecutivePlat; Delta Platinum; Aeroplan Prestige; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by ralfkrippner
How to Earn Roay Ambassador Status:
While it has been believed it took 50 to 60 nights a year at IC hotels to be "invited" to Royal Ambassador a few recent post have shed doubt on this, here is the post:

Therefore, based upon BlondeBomber's and my experiences(Casimir), I would like to suggest that either (1) we are the beneficiaries of a new approach to RA invitation that somehow combines the member's platinum-level experience at combined HI and IC properties PLUS some minimum experience with IC properties (but NOT requiring anything near the traditional 50-nights in IC's) -- something along the lines of 50 nights total in priority club properties including stays at at least 2 IC's will get you RA; OR, (2) Blonde Bomber and I are simply very lucky and the beneficiaries of some sort of mistake.

Or

Royal Ambassador Club allows members can extend the priviledges of Royal Ambassador Level Status/Membership to an associate, partner or spouse (for $150) Once per year.
To remain Royal Ambassador you must requalify each year.
So to earn Royal Ambassador status one must stay 50-60 nights a year, or was this been proven wrong? The benefits associated with R-A are to die for!
Old Nov 14, 2004, 4:43 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by Savage25
1.Quote:
Airport Chauffeur Service

I assume this is still chargeable like for Ambassadors?

YES

2. Quote:
GUARANTEED Room Upgrade. Enjoy the luxury of an Executive Room or Suite every time you stay. It's immediately reserved for you when you book. [NOT At check-in]

Does this guarantee Club access?

NOT a gaurantee as per the RA rules.
Although most IC hotels would / should give you a suite with club access.

3. Quote:
Complimenary mini-bar [including the alcohol]. Stay refreshed with as many items as you like, free-of-charge.

On a 20 night stay (for example), would the minibar be refilled every day or is it a per stay thingy?

Yes, it is refilled everyday. ^

Additional question on the RA referral form:
4.Does the person receiving the gifted RA status also receive another referral form?

Don't know for sure. Although the first batch of renewals should be coming up soon, so someone may be able to answer that based on first-hand experience.
Hope this helps answer your questions Savage25.

cheers
AJ

PS: I too agree with Dino2020. Could we please try and ensure that: Any Coupon Connection are NOT placed here. This thread is for info only, NOT requests!
Old Nov 19, 2004, 10:12 am

Renewed as Royal Ambassador

I have just been renewed (for $100) my full Royal Ambassador experience for another year - if that helps clarify. Seems IC is fully prepared to renew you at your current level as long as they feel you are a VIP. Probably helps I've booked suites a few times this year, as opposed to booking the cheapest room available!
Old Nov 23, 2004, 11:54 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
I've only had a few nights in IC hotels this year but the renewal notice they sent me through the post clearly indicated I would be renewing Royal Ambassador status complete with a run down of the benefits I would be receiving. The renewal web site was a bit more ambiguous (just called it Ambassador) but I suspect this is a "one size fits all" thing.

Maybe its because I was feeling a bit shy on my last break (none of the restaurants looked inviting to a lone traveler) and had room service in the evening?

BTW, the UK offer for renewal is 5000 PC points.
Old Nov 25, 2004, 2:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Got confirmation of my RA status for the next year today (they actually phoned me because I left the default email address instead of replacing it with my own). Presumably I will be a Gold Royal Ambassador for the next year.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 3:38 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SC Plat. RA, Sixt Plat., a couple of other
Originally Posted by JohnMD
So to earn Royal Ambassador status one must stay 50-60 nights a year, or was this been proven wrong? The benefits associated with R-A are to die for!
Well, 50 nights or 60.000 points within one year is the requirement to achieve platinum.

I was invited to RA after ~60 nights (only ~15 were at IC/Forum) and ~220.000 points this year (actually I just joined PC autumn last year)
Old Dec 22, 2004, 6:15 am

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Notwithstanding all the FTers who got invited to RA in different circumstances, this seems to be the "official" criteria for an invite to RA status - the first time I've seen a it being put in words on an Intercontinental website:

http://berlin.intercontinental.com/berha/offers_02.html

You will be invited to be upgraded to the level of Royal Ambassador when you have spent at least 50 nights a year in three different InterContinental hotels and you will receive even more benefits.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 8:59 am

Programs: Platinum PC, Silver HH, Silver MR
Hello,

I'm a newbie here, I did try to look for the answer to my question, but could not find it.

I'm currently a Gold member. My PC account says this:

Qualification Towards Platinum Level: 20 qualifying nights this calendar year.
27735 points earned this calendar year.

But then it also says this in a highlighted box:

You only need 30 more qualifying nights or 32265 more points to achieve Platinum Member Status.

Is calender year the key to this? Also once you get Platinum, do you have to get so many points a year to maintain it or does it stay until the next upgrade?
Old Jan 2, 2005, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by gauger01
Hello,

I'm a newbie here, I did try to look for the answer to my question, but could not find it.

I'm currently a Gold member. My PC account says this:

Qualification Towards Platinum Level: 20 qualifying nights this calendar year.
27735 points earned this calendar year.

But then it also says this in a highlighted box:

You only need 30 more qualifying nights or 32265 more points to achieve Platinum Member Status.

Is calender year the key to this? Also once you get Platinum, do you have to get so many points a year to maintain it or does it stay until the next upgrade?

Now you will see your account statement on the web reset at zero on both accounts, so you know it is an annual measurement. If you did not reach 60K by December 31st, then you did not earn Platinum status.

One must earn at least 60K PC points [or 50 nights whichever is achieved first] and you will be upgraded to Platinum for the balance of the year in which you earn this status, and for the next calendar year. There is no reduction in the required points/nights once you've qualified, but earning 60K PC points is getting rediculously easy, even without an affiinity credit card. With all the bonuses and compounding, most of us requalify midway through the calendar year, if not sooner.

[My stays in January and February, with the various bonuses available in the first quarter of 2005, will put me well into the mid-30K, and that's just with four stays! (Regional bonus, double points, Plat 50% bonus, online booking bonus...) I have already made bookings in May for a vacation in South America and should easily requalify by the end of this trip, even if there are no further promotions at that time of the year.]
Old Jan 3, 2005, 7:24 am

Programs: Platinum PC, Silver HH, Silver MR
Thanks for the info Shareholder.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 9:46 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, Delta Platinum, US Platimum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Ambassador?

If you buy it today, when is your status updated?
And how lond does it take to receive weekend cert?
Old Feb 26, 2005, 1:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Originally Posted by kcmj1234
If you buy it today, when is your status updated?
And how lond does it take to receive weekend cert?
Hi
It takes around 28 days for the stuff to arrive. I know have two of these certs. One ends in June and the other one in November. They sent me out a new package when I reached Platinum.

Just trying to find somewhere to use them. But cant find an IC that is offering reward nights

regards
RadioMan
Old Feb 26, 2005, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by Radioman
Hi
It takes around 28 days for the stuff to arrive. I know have two of these certs. One ends in June and the other one in November. They sent me out a new package when I reached Platinum.

Just trying to find somewhere to use them. But cant find an IC that is offering reward nights

regards
RadioMan
I got my packages within 1-2 weeks of qualifying. Also Radioman the certificates are buy one weekend night get the second free- you don't need award availability to use them, but you do have to pay for the first night. If you wind up not using your certificates pm me and perhaps I can offer you some points in exchange.
Old Mar 18, 2005, 8:54 am
aku

Programs: UA 1MM, Marr/SPG LT Plat, HH Gold, IC Amb, Hyatt Gold, Hertz 5*, BW LT Diam
RA criteria (from Ambassador Services)

I signed up for Ambassador today and asked the agent if there are specific, official criteria for RA status.

"Yes:
  • Stay 50 nights or more at IC hotels (any brand), starting the day you join Ambassador
  • Stay at three or more different Intercontinentals"

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.