Priority Club Levels and Royal/Ambassador status Details

Old Jul 19, 2005, 3:40 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles, Priority Club Plat AMB.,HHonors Gold,Amex
I made PLT about May 5th but didn't get my PLT card until last week. I had to send an email to ambassdor services to get them to go ahead and send my plastic.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
[QUOTE=mlpintoAs a separate matter I got an upgrade as Plat PC last weekend at the London City Crowne Plaza from a standard room to a club room - this was also confirmed in advance...[/QUOTE]

Well, this is a benefit at check-in for Plats at most CPs. However, can those of you who get "upgrade at time of booking" please post further details. Does this show on your res confirmation when you do a web booking, on the final screen? Does it get confirmed by a res agent when doing a phone booking? Does it show on the "review reservations" site? I have never seen my reservation change from the type of room I book, to the type of room I am upgraded to, even when booking IC's where in theory I should get my suite confirmed "at time of booking".
Old Jul 19, 2005, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, IHG SA, National EE, Hertz PC, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Shareholder
However, can those of you who get "upgrade at time of booking" please post further details.

I think what the person was refering to was beat to death in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=367079

Last edited by aljacket; Jul 19, 2005 at 7:03 pm
Old Jul 20, 2005, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Not for RA's it wasn't - that thread discussed Ambassador upgrades.

For what its worth, the Amstel and IC Warsaw upgraded my RA booking to a suite in advance, but only after I had emailed them to ask. A similar e-mail to the IC Berkeley for a stay in September has been ignored, at least as far as I can see.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 4:38 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, IHG SA, National EE, Hertz PC, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by RJB
Not for RA's it wasn't - that thread discussed Ambassador upgrades.
Nevered claimed about RA, but mlpinto (who shareholder seemed to be replying to) question was about Ambassador. Sorry for the confusion.

Originally Posted by mlpinto
Just to let you guys know that I got a new PC / Ambassador card today (I have recently qualified for Plat). The covering letter for the card states that Ambassador privileges include "Immediate room upgrades at time of booking"
Old Jul 28, 2005, 11:08 am

Talking Hit RA today

Just checked my account and was glad to see that I was upgraded to RA

Just for the statistics:
30 nights at PC as of today (approx. 10 of them at 4 different ICs), Ambassador status since last November (by a promotion, not paid), Platinum Status for 2 years now and qualified for Platinum already for next year.

Actually I contatced Ambassador Service approx. 1 months ago and asked, if I can become RA, but they replied "Sorry, it's by invitation only - which may happen after 50 nights and 3 different ICs - at that time I had 23 nights / 3 diferent ICs). ^ ^
Old Jul 28, 2005, 4:07 pm

Programs: IHG Amb, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Avis P'sC, AAA-Plus
Originally Posted by mtresc
Just checked my account and was glad to see that I was upgraded to RA

Just for the statistics:
30 nights at PC as of today (approx. 10 of them at 4 different ICs), Ambassador status since last November (by a promotion, not paid), Platinum Status for 2 years now and qualified for Platinum already for next year.

Actually I contatced Ambassador Service approx. 1 months ago and asked, if I can become RA, but they replied "Sorry, it's by invitation only - which may happen after 50 nights and 3 different ICs - at that time I had 23 nights / 3 diferent ICs). ^ ^

CONGRATS!!! ^ ^ ^
Old Jul 30, 2005, 7:29 am

Programs: PC Plat/IC Ambassador
RA upgrade received on Plat points qual.

My RA upgrade posted on my PC account this week. Requalified Plat earlier this year, 27 nts at ICH, 4 IC stays at 3 IC properties. My 3rd IC property stay occurred early July and 4th a week ago.

I believe I would have been upgraded without the 4th stay - based on Shareholder's observation that RA packages are processed at end of month and it appears at least 3 FTers were upgraded this last week of July 'tho "qualified" within previous 4 weeks.

I did not call to request the upgrade. Again, I believe they simply process the upgrades last week of each month and we simply have to wait...

So, appears as I was told by Ambassador help desk earlier this year: they monitor for 3 IC property stays and Plat qualification, including 60K points (vs. strict 50 nts.).

Hope this helps clarify the state of affairs.

(as for my referral - I am offering my referral cert to very deserving colleague...my wife, who gets left behind with the young 'uns during all my travels. She has definitely earned the opportunity for a couple of self-indulgent get-aways for her selfless support of my career.)

Last edited by jpeg11; Jul 30, 2005 at 7:36 am
Old Jul 30, 2005, 10:36 am

Programs: HH Silver, SPG Gold, PC Plat, IC Royal Ambassador, UA 1K, Founder www.SeatExpert.com , CO Platinum
Perhaps you mean the IC Barclay in NYC?

Both my RA wife's and my reservations at the Barclay were upgraded automatically to either King Bed suite and/or Executive suite. I think they did the upgrade about two weeks after we made the reservations, and well ahead of our stay.

Originally Posted by RJB
...For what its worth, the Amstel and IC Warsaw upgraded my RA booking to a suite in advance, but only after I had emailed them to ask. A similar e-mail to the IC Berkeley for a stay in September has been ignored, at least as far as I can see.
Old Jul 31, 2005, 5:27 am

IC Hong Kong's Upgrade Policy

Just received the following in response to a query I made before finalising a reservation:

Dear JimmyTheJock

Thank you for your e-mail today.

For the membership upgrade, details are as below:

Ambassador:
Book for Superior Harbour View Room, it will be upgraded to Deluxe Harbour View Room Book for Deluxe Harbour View Room, it will be upgraded to Junior Harbour View Suite

Royal Ambassador:
Book for Superior Harbour View Room, it will be upgraded to Junior Harbour View Suite

Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

I was interested in an upgrade to a full suite but it seems that's not on!
Old Aug 7, 2005, 7:02 pm

Has anyone received gold or ambassador benefits on a priceline reservation

I have upcoming reservations in Geneva and in Amsterdam at Crowne Plazas. Have any people been successful in getting upgrades or other benefits?
Old Aug 11, 2005, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Plat, PC Plat RA, HHonors Gold, National EE
need a little clarification

I saw an early post in the thread referring to this, but I wanted to be certain:

Does one have to do the 50 IC Group nights after becoming Ambassador, or do previous nights in the same calendar year count in any way? I'm debating joining Amb now, and I already have over 60 CP/HI/HIX nights (none IC) in 2005. I could swing three IC stays by the end of this year, but I doubt I could do an additional 50 other nights.
Old Aug 12, 2005, 4:38 am

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
Originally Posted by WonderDude
I saw an early post in the thread referring to this, but I wanted to be certain:

Does one have to do the 50 IC Group nights after becoming Ambassador, or do previous nights in the same calendar year count in any way? I'm debating joining Amb now, and I already have over 60 CP/HI/HIX nights (none IC) in 2005. I could swing three IC stays by the end of this year, but I doubt I could do an additional 50 other nights.
Recent communications (two calls and two emails) I've had with Ambassador Customer Services to get a clearer picture of what obtaining RA entails has interestingly enough, resulted in four differing answers.

In a call to the Ambassador toll free number in the US, the CSR told me that 40 nights (I doublechecked on this with this CSR and she confirmed the number 40) over the span of two years (last year and this year), along with Plat status and 3 IC stays would do it, but it had to be 40 nights--60,000 points wouldn't do it.

In a call to the Ambassador CSR in the UK the number was 50 nights over the course of the present year (not 60,000 points), Plat status, and 3 IC stays (though the CSR had to put me on hold for a few minutes to find the answer to this question).

An email received from one Ambassador CSR put the number of nights at 50, but that this could be earned over the course of two years.

Another email received from a different Ambassador CSR simply stated that "there is no specific criteria for securing an invitation to this status."

Almost as confusing as trying to get a clear answer to what a "qualifying room rate" is.
Old Aug 12, 2005, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by DoubleJ
...... the CSR told me that 40 nights (I doublechecked on this with this CSR and she confirmed the number 40) over the span of two years (last year and this year), along with Plat status and 3 IC stays would do it, .........
That's exactly what seems to be the reason for my recent upgrade to RA.
Old Aug 12, 2005, 11:46 am

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
Spring cleaning 06 !

Last edited by Aisle Seat H; Apr 14, 2006 at 9:28 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.