Holiday Inn Incheon Songdo Hotel [Master Thread]

Old Apr 29, 2024, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Holiday Inn Incheon Songdo Hotel [Master Thread]

What is your IHG One Rewards status?
Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, very pleasant property.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
I booked cheapest rate and received one King Premium Central Park View.

How are the rooms?
30 sqm large

Simple but cosy interior design.
Armchair
Desk

Comfortable bed.
USB cable next to the bed.

Television with large selection of international channels.
Airplay
No Free PressReader

Bathroom with walk-in shower and washlet
Dove toiletries.
Bathrobes

Kettle and Capsule coffee machine.
Minibar

View over Central Park.
Very quiet.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

What was good and what was bad?
GOOD
Very attentive staff.
Surprisingly good brunch and breakfast (with la carte egg menu).
Only 40 minutes by bus limousine from to ICN airport (bus stop is 2 minutes walk from the hotel).
Early check-in/late check-out were given with no issue.

BAD
Nothing

Value for $ or IHG One Rewards Points? Would you return?
The hotel is not per se an airport hotel, but pretty convenient if you arrive by late flight (this is what I was supposed to do but my flight was changed and I finally arrived before 10am).

The metro station to reach Seoul centre is literally next to the hotel.

If you stay at this hotel, don’t miss a walk at Central Park and a visit at Tri-bowl 트라이볼 art gallery / National Museum of World Writing Systems.

Spoiler

Last edited by FLYGVA; May 4, 2024 at 2:02 am Reason: lowered size of spoilter picture, that we moderators are able to moderate
Old Apr 29, 2024, 2:49 pm

Thanks for the review, I was looking for a cheap place to stay for 2 nights and booked this hotel for now. There's a Marriott Grand Sheraton that is close by but it's double the price and looking at your review, it looks like it might not be worth double. The reviews of the area are decent too.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by moolman
Thanks for the review, I was looking for a cheap place to stay for 2 nights and booked this hotel for now. There's a Marriott Grand Sheraton that is close by but it's double the price and looking at your review, it looks like it might not be worth double. The reviews of the area are decent too.
I think you will like the place. I was only supposed to spend one night there after arriving late: in fact, arriving early in the morning, I not only enjoyed the hotel but really liked the place: the park is very pleasant to walk around, the two museums are of a good standard.

If you're lucky, you can even catch a concert at the concert hall.

Just opposite the hotel is a pedestrian area with lots of charming little shops and restaurants.
Spoiler

noppie likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 10:37 pm

The only disappointing thing about your stay is that they didn't upgrade you to the suite even as RA Diamond.
Old Apr 30, 2024, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The only disappointing thing about your stay is that they didn't upgrade you to the suite even as RA Diamond.
The room I had was just right for me: quiet, bright and with a view.

I must admit that having a suite at a Holiday Inn for a one-night stay doesn't really interest me (and the suite upgrade is indeed offered for my 10-night stay at both Seoul InterContinentals ).
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2024, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Definitely use a taxi or an airport limousine bus to get to/from ICN. That train is somewhat of a train to nowhere. No direct connections to good things in Seoul.
Old Apr 30, 2024, 1:21 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Aventine
Definitely use a taxi or an airport limousine bus to get to/from ICN. That train is somewhat of a train to nowhere. No direct connections to good things in Seoul.
The only issue with this hotel is limited airport limousine services. I looked at it for a recent stay in Seoul so I could be closer to the airport but the frequency of services isn't that great.
Old Apr 30, 2024, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by sbiddle
The only issue with this hotel is limited airport limousine services. I looked at it for a recent stay in Seoul so I could be closer to the airport but the frequency of services isn't that great.
When I did a quick check on the Uber app, it was about 30k to get there from the airport, it's cheaper to take the taxi than 2 tickets on the limo bus.
sbiddle likes this.
Old May 1, 2024, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

When I did a quick check on the Uber app, it was about 30k to get there from the airport, it's cheaper to take the taxi than 2 tickets on the limo bus.
Kakaotaxi might even be cheaper.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.