IHG in Portland, OR

Old Sep 20, 2023, 5:52 am
IMH
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; IHG Diamond-Amb; Accor & Meli & HH & Marriott Gold
IHG in Portland, OR

There don't seem to be many mentions here of IHG properties in Portland, Oregon. I've found a few "secret password" reports from the Kimptons but not much else.

I'm planning a visit for summer 2024 and would be grateful for any thoughts/guidance/comparisons from FTers with recent(-ish) Portland experience. TIA!
Old Sep 20, 2023, 9:21 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Cunard Diamond
Check out the Kimpton Riverplace. It is just far enough out of the city center to avoid security issues but still walkable/ transit-able to places youd want to visit. They also have a really good restaurant
IMH likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 10:29 pm

I second the RiverPlace and the new Hotel Indigo in Vancouver. Just had a great stay at both last week.
IMH likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2023, 1:15 am
IMH
Original Poster

Thanks for those replies, tatia and ProjectSunburst.

Vancouver doesn't work for us but your votes for the RiverPlace are gratefully noted.
ProjectSunburst likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2023, 2:39 am

Stayed one night at the airport HIX and two nights at the CP Convention Center earlier this month.

Nothing wrong with the HIX for a late arrival into PDX, but nothing special either. Free parking.

CP is a five-minute walk to the tram. All ok here, but again nothing outstanding.

Would consider both again when next in Portland.
IMH likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2023, 8:46 am

Programs: IHG DA, HH Diamond, AMEX Plat
Stayed at the Kimpton Vintage in downtown last month. Hotel seemed very quiet, not many guests I guess. Got a suite upgrade as Diamond, gave us breakfast for 3 people, and you could even get a NY Strip for breakfast (40+ price on menu). Room amenity was some chocolate and a bubble. Social password was a bunch of amenities for three. There's even a pool table on site.

Some homeless in nearby neighborhood tho. Parking is a little expensive at 55 USD. But you can park across the street there's a underground parking for 25 overnight.

Overall everything was lovely. Highly recommend.
IMH likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2023, 9:26 am
IMH
Original Poster

Thanks for the input, TeflonMan and rickesh .

Originally Posted by rickesh
Room amenity was some chocolate and a bubble.
What's a bubble in this context?

We've booked and will be splitting our stay between the RiverPlace and the Vintage. The CP didn't seem good value for our dates (possibly because of the convention my spouse will be attending).

The trip isn't until August 2024, but I'll report back once we've stayed.

Last edited by IMH; Sep 21, 2023 at 10:43 am
Old Sep 21, 2023, 9:36 am

Programs: IHG DA, HH Diamond, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by IMH
What's a bubble in this context?
I meant sparking wine (bubbles)
IMH likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2023, 7:47 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Cunard Diamond
Be sure to check the signage in the elevator at RiverPlace for the social hour timing and the bar specials. Last time I stayed there the social hour was 4-5 instead of the typical 5-6. They were running a 50% off bottles of wine special at the bar one evening; you can take the remainder up to your room instead of trying to finish over dinner.

There is a great deck with rocking chairs overlooking the river that will be perfect for an evening beverage and lite bites in August
IMH likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.