Holiday Inn Algarve - Armacao de Pera Master Thread

Old Jul 26, 2023, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM,Marriott platinum,ihg spire
Holiday Inn Algarve - Armacao de Pera Master Thread

Hi,
I currently have a reservation at this hotel for the period october 6 -- october 10 2023.
I made this reservation some months ago

I was looking today on the site for other dates, but it says no availability on any dates from october 1 2023 till april 30 2024. Can only book again from may 1 2024.

Is there any reason why this hotel can not be booked in october 2023 --> april 2024 ?

Should I fear that my reservation will be cancelled ?
Old Jul 27, 2023, 3:27 am

Programs: BAEC, M&M
I got a telephone call yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon cancelling my reservations for 2 rooms 2nd to 9th October. Hotel will be closed "for renovations"
I had made booking in December 2022, as late as 20th June I had an email from the hotel asking me to confirm number of rooms booked.
IHG are a disgrace for giving nine weeks warning. They offered me accommodation at the Crowne Plaza in Vilamoura for an extra 2000 euro on top my Holiday Inn bill, I declined !
I cannot believe that nobody in the hotel or IHG had no inkling of plans for a long closure from October, and I suspect there is something more than "renovations" going on.
336 and Lucy3333 like this.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 2:49 pm

I would insist on the CP for not a cent more. You have a valid reservation and already spent for it (flights, car...).

IHG was unable to black out dates for a renovation in time. It should not be the customer paying for this. I would use a UK ombudsmann, the Portuguese livro de reclamaçoes and not accept this.
336 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2023, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by macdrew
I got a telephone call yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon cancelling my reservations for 2 rooms 2nd to 9th October. Hotel will be closed "for renovations"
I had made booking in December 2022, as late as 20th June I had an email from the hotel asking me to confirm number of rooms booked.
IHG are a disgrace for giving nine weeks warning. They offered me accommodation at the Crowne Plaza in Vilamoura for an extra 2000 euro on top my Holiday Inn bill, I declined !
I cannot believe that nobody in the hotel or IHG had no inkling of plans for a long closure from October, and I suspect there is something more than "renovations" going on.
Thanks for highlighting this I thought it was just us. We usually spend November there and were surprised there was no availability.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM,Marriott platinum,ihg spire
Hi,

The holiday inn booked me into another hotel nearby at a cheaper rate then their hotel.

After some insisting, they gave me the points for the stay (based on the rate at their hotel) , including bonus points .

So after all, things turned out ok.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 8:14 am

The HI Algarve does no longer appear in IHG website, sources say it has left IHG. Too bad.
Hoping to finally see the Voco become bootable near Almancil, then 2025 the Kimpton rebranding near Albufeira and the HIX in Portimao. Algarve has been a disaster for IHG lately.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 8:30 am

It will be with Hilton and of course at much higher prices.

It was a lovely spot for 70€ per night when other chains asked rediculous prices €200-400+ while staying with low occupancy.

I lately went more to Spain or to B&Bs for €50+ per night.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by estrela
It was a lovely spot for 70€ per night when other chains asked rediculous prices €200-400+ while staying with low occupancy.
Yes it was very reasonable and there is both a Chinese restaurant and English pub across the road. Highlight of our morning used to be taking our coffee onto the terrace after breakfast...in February
We will have to wait and see what develops.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.