Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting IHG Survey

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2023, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
Interesting IHG Survey

Received an email from IHG One Rewards Community inviting me to take a survey.
Most questions were about how much one would be prepared to pay for extra benefits.
It seems to resemble some parts of what paying Ambassador members receive, plus extra benefits. It was set out for the different member levels from bottom to platinum, and nothing for diamonds.
Cost ranged from £175..to £500, its not something that I would consider.
ProjectSunburst likes this.
Old May 6, 2023, 5:17 pm

Got the same survey as well. IHG benefits are too inconsistent for them to even consider a $$ charge for them.

Dollar amounts in the survey ranged from $200 to $600 for certain packages that included:

Elite Qualifying nights
Late Check-Out (ICs only)
Discount off of room rates
Confirmable Suite Upgrades
Old May 6, 2023, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
I got the same survey. While some of the potential benefits are good, they really should be asking non-elites how much they would pay since elites get most of the benefits already.
Old May 6, 2023, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by kevino
I got the same survey. While some of the potential benefits are good, they really should be asking non-elites how much they would pay since elites get most of the benefits already.
Well, yes, we get them now ..........
dw and :D! like this.
Old May 7, 2023, 2:11 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
IHG always nickel and diming, and counting pennies, instead of ensuring benefit consistency across different brands.
If IHG benefits were consistent and guaranteed, then people would be ready to pay higher nightly rates anyway.
:D! likes this.
Old May 7, 2023, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
So are we to suspect that there will be another change to the system...
Would the amount of buy in ambassadors be making IHG think that members will pay for more.?
Thats my thinking..
Old May 7, 2023, 6:32 pm

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
Interesting that they are obviously not targetting Diamond here.

So, if you buy Ambassador and are DIA, you're not the target.
If you buy Ambassador and are "new" but will go to DIA (because with some loyalty and the IC usual rates it's reasonable to get it on points), you're not the target.
If you're new and outside the system, you might be wary of buying an expensive membership for uncertain benefits (if you're not sure you'll use it... I feel the current AMB price "pays itselfs in points" but it wouldn't be the case necessarily with the proposed benefits.

So whom are they targetting exactly? People who go to ICs one or twice a year? Wouldn't they be better off just paying for an upgraded room?
Old May 8, 2023, 8:31 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
According to several blogs, they have already retroactively removed elite check in as a benefit and gave hotels leeway to limit which menu items are offered for breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.