Ambassador Weekend Free Night

Old Jan 23, 2023, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Cathay Pacific, Hyatt
Ambassador Weekend Free Night

Anyone know how the ambassador weekend free night night? Will they just zero out the charge for the second night at check in? Do I need to pay taxes and fees or the destination fee for the free night?
Old Jan 23, 2023, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
It is zerod out at check out.

You need to book via intercontinental.com/ambweekend

2nd night out of Fri/ Sat/Sun is free so it depends when you arrive as to which is free,

You can book before you buy Ambassador and indeed this makes sense to maximise the length of membership.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 2:59 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by turtle777
Anyone know how the ambassador weekend free night night? Will they just zero out the charge for the second night at check in? Do I need to pay taxes and fees or the destination fee for the free night?
It really depends on how the hotel manages it. Some will just put zero for the 2nd night. Others put .1 for the 2nd night to get it to count in their system as a paid night. I have seen others divide the first night charge over 2 nights so you pay for 2 half nights. You pay taxes on any of the cash portion. As for the destination fee, plan on paying it for both nights--though some hotels may give you better results than those strictly following the rules.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 7:29 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
I have a free weekend cert in my online award wallet that expires in March. Must I use it for a stay before March or is it enough to book the stay before the certificate expires?
Old Jan 25, 2023, 8:59 am

You have to use it before it expires - you can make a booking without the certificate, it is important to have it in your wallet at the time you check in.
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 10:31 am

The certificate isn’t collected until checkin, not before, and so it will need to be valid at that time.
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 6:02 pm

Just tried to find my free night certificate and found this - The second night is credited to your bill at check-in when a valid ID and IHG Rewards Club number are presented.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 1:23 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Titanium (+LTP), VS Silver
I’m not seeing my Ambassador weekend certificate within my online account. Any idea where this is visible?
Old Jan 26, 2023, 1:25 am

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by davidw70
Im not seeing my Ambassador weekend certificate within my online account. Any idea where this is visible?
Should be in your rewards wallet.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 1:28 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Titanium (+LTP), VS Silver
Originally Posted by ARR72
Should be in your rewards wallet.
Many thanks. Thats what I thought but it is not there. Will try IHG customer service and see if I get anywhere
ARR72 likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 3:31 pm

I had a recent IC stay where there was some confusion over the booking. I think it was meant to be booked as an ambassador reward weekend but my reward night is still in my wallet. Does that mean I can still use it or should I call to double check?

Thanks!
Old Jan 29, 2023, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I did not renew my Ambassador membership in 2022. How can I doo it now? I also cannot seem to sign in online on a pc but I am signed in into my app.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 4:22 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I did not renew my Ambassador membership in 2022. How can I doo it now? I also cannot seem to sign in online on a pc but I am signed in into my app.
I used this the other day: https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...llment/payment
Old Feb 2, 2023, 5:37 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by rlnnpt
I had a recent IC stay where there was some confusion over the booking. I think it was meant to be booked as an ambassador reward weekend but my reward night is still in my wallet. Does that mean I can still use it or should I call to double check?Thanks!
I used one in April last year that's still in my account. I remember when checking-in the hotel thought I had a paid night back to back with a reward night. I'm pretty sure I'd get away with using it again. If you call you run the risk of drawing attention to it.
Old Feb 11, 2023, 2:35 pm

So New Years Eve is a Saturday this year. IC time square is selling AMB nights for 30\31 which I have booked. The 31st being free as 2nd night.

I can’t see anything in the T&Cs to exclude NYE for certificate bookings, but it seems too good to be true?

Anyone had any experience of NYE bookings with AMB certificates before?

thanks
pazza2000 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.