Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2022, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Breakfast Amenity

One of the choices as Amenity for Diamond Members is breakfast.

Applies also on award / free nights.
Applies to the whole duration of the stay and not only one day
Only for one room (ymmv)
Some hotels are excluded (Vignette Collection, Six Senses)

Full T&C:
Diamond Elite Members’ Welcome Amenity choice also includes Free Breakfast at full-service and select-service brands (REGENT, InterContinental, Hualuxe, Hotel Indigo, voco, Crowne Plaza, Even, Holiday Inn, and Kimpton)
  • Available for Member and one guest registered to the same room for each night of stay
  • Includes one main menu item with unlimited non-alcoholic beverages or full buffet with unlimited non-alcoholic beverages per person
  • Alcoholic beverages and certain specialty drinks excluded
  • Not available for In-Room dining or at specialty restaurants
  • Not offered at InterContinental Residence Suites Dubai Festival City or InterContinental Doha Residences
  • You could not use digital check in if you want to have breakfast as welcome amentiy

Print Wikipost

Diamond Breakfast Amenity Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2022, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by stimpy
If you read the updated T's and C's, as I did just now, the word "breakfast" does not appear. I assume that means it is not yet an IHG benefit as of today.
You have to go here: https://www.ihg.com/content/ihg/hote.../2nd-page.html

Old or new benefits are only listed here, not in the T&C themselves, but this page is referenced in the T&C. It can be regarded as an annex of the T&C.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 7:49 am

As a data point - at Hotel Indigo Warsaw this weekend just gone, breakfast offered for whole stay as one of the Diamond amenity options at check-in without me having to ask at all. Decent upgrade too. Good experience overall.

Main negative, as so often the case, is no bill received by email despite asking. Was charged the correct rate anyhow.

ETA: To answer @Keefy-boy 's query below, this was a cash stay. However my guess is the amenity offer at least would have been the same on points.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 12:19 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Kimpton Fitzroy London provided at checkin:

- acknowledgement of Diamond status

* Diamond choice of:

breakfast daily for 2 persons at their coffeeshop or at the restaurant
---> continental buffet + 1 hot item at both venues

or

raid the bar credit £15

or

points 1500 or 1000 something

No upgrade from "Corner suite" to "Fitzroy suite" (was already occupied & booked)
Solved with a big bottle of very nice champers

And received daily at turndown a dessert platter with the most calories laden heavenly pies
(could be because of InnerCircle)
Old Jun 9, 2022, 9:36 pm

IC Melbourne -choice of breakfast offered. When I asked if $25 F+B credit for Ambassador still applied FDA said no -breakfast or F+B credit. Didn't argue but within 5 mins of getting to room FDA rang and apologised confirming Ambassador $25 F+B credit still applied.
Added bonus:
Old Jun 10, 2022, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by HadesNL
[utag=29245]- diamond breakfast at all Kimptons but not at Six Senses
Diamond breakfast is only at select Kimptons. Not sure where the select list is though.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by stimpy
Diamond breakfast is only at select Kimptons. Not sure where the select list is though.
It seems that the select mention has been removed.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by nicolas75
It seems that the select mention has been removed.
Well that is some good news. Clearly free breakfast for elites is regarded as table stakes in the competitive field of business hotel chains.

Then again the Kimpton in Austin Texas that I stayed at a couple of weeks ago did not have a breakfast restaurant. So "due to COVID" is still a limiting factor.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 4:13 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by escape4
Breakfast is included with the rate at a lot of Six Senses, but of course… not on award stays
Old Jun 10, 2022, 4:16 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by dw
Breakfast is included with the rate at a lot of Six Senses
Which is not the same as getting breakfast as an elite benefit when a hotel has rates with and without breakfast
Old Jun 14, 2022, 9:30 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
If I get the breakfast benefit without argument (and no funny exclusions of items) and maybe an actually decent room that is not just on a higher floor only, but then facing a wall or busy road or kitchen exhaust vents - I'm already content and would consider that a success.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 8:10 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Sindhorn Midtown Hotel in Bangkok refused to give diamond member free breakfast.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by jlcchien
Sindhorn Midtown Hotel in Bangkok refused to give diamond member free breakfast.
Have you contacted IHG? I am interested to know how IHG responded.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Unfortunate, but they might have a point. The T&C (https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/cu...er-tc/2nd-page) says,
Diamond Elite Members’ Welcome Amenity choice also includes Free Breakfast at full-service and select-service brands (REGENT, InterContinental, Hualuxe, Hotel Indigo, voco, Crowne Plaza, Even, Holiday Inn, and Kimpton)
I'm sure they are a full-service hotel, but IHG does not define it as a full-service brand.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 1:36 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
Unfortunate, but they might have a point. The T&C (https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/cu...er-tc/2nd-page) says,

I'm sure they are a full-service hotel, but IHG does not define it as a full-service brand.
Also, if you try to access the property page from IHG.com the following message is presented before you are redirected:

"We’re excited to share a new IHG experience with you.We have welcomed this new property into our extended IHG® family. Take a look (and book) for yourself.

Please note that this property may not yet be included in the IHG® One Rewards program."
Old Jun 16, 2022, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA / IHG / Hilton / Hertz / Avis
IHG webpage says 'Please note that this property may not yet be included in the IHG® One Rewards programme.'

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.