Old Dec 31, 2022, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UKtravelbear
Confirmed Suite Upgrades

Valid on flexible cash bookings (prepaid is a possibility sometimes)(reward bookings not yet eligible as of 6/6/23)
One cert is valid for up to 5 nights
Two or more certs could be combined
valid 12 month
need to call earliest 14 days or lates 24 hours ahead of stay to confirm the suite
does not include lounge access

(IHG Terms and Conditions)

Print Wikipost

Milestone Discussion: Confirmable Suite Upgrades

Old Nov 27, 2023, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by ninjalad
Were they offered by phone or only on check in ?
Even as RA I don’t usually know what I am getting until a day ir two before and that can then change again on arrival (upwards &#128521
CSUs are diffrent to status ones. You need to phone IHG (not the hotel) to request to use.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 1:10 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Allocated CSU suite room is already sold

“I understand that you are able to see available suites at the hotel on the dates that you currently have, but please note that the hotel allocates limited suite rooms for confirmable suite upgrades, and we have double-checked that as of the moment the allocated suite room for the confirmable suite upgrade voucher is already sold”

IC Sanctuary Cove Australia. Rate valid but as above they are allocating only ONE room for CSU.

Looking at 363 above it seems IC’s in Australasia are operating this differently from elsewhere
PES_B1 likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 6:20 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
My problem is I usually stay at the IC bali and they only upgrade suite is the 2 story one that I get upgraded to anyway as Diamond ambassador and I don't like them the bedroom is so hot.
so was unable to use on last trip and the next probably as well
Old Dec 2, 2023, 3:59 pm

y'all had me worried, so I was so sad when I called to apply a CSU for IC Tahiti just now, and the agent was like "i'm sorry, there are no suites available". but then was like "all we have are overwater bungalows" and I was like, oh, that will do just fine :P
pretzlaff likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 6:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold
I just applied a CSU to an upcoming Reward Night stay at Kimpton Fitzroy London. Booking shows as 1 Bedroom Suite Park View, upgraded from 1 Queen entry level room. Agent was very easy to deal with, and the call only lasted a couple of minutes. I think they've got this benefit sorted now - it's definitely valuable to me.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 6:38 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Those suites are very nice, enjoy your stay!
berkshirebound likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by berkshirebound
Im. I think they've got this benefit sorted now - it's definitely valuable to me.
in Europe maybe

but in Australasia even if requesting at exactly 14 days - the “ONE” suite allocated for CSU has been shown across fora to be already sold at

IC Sydney
IC Gold Coast Sanctuary Cove

and possibly

IC Wellington NZ
IC Fiji

i have just requested an escalation to IHG management re Australasian implementation
Old Dec 3, 2023, 8:18 am

CSU Terms and Conditions

• Suite inventory is not available at all properties or is limited at others; where suite inventory is limited or not available, premium rooms will be offered if available”

buried deep if you dig!

clearly being interpreted very differently - probably across regions even continents.

Personal experience is Australasian franchisees are taking the o-/—
Old Dec 3, 2023, 9:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Modo
but in Australasia even if requesting at exactly 14 days - the “ONE” suite allocated for CSU has been shown across fora to be already sold at
Sorry to hear that. I hope you get an acceptable response.

I've got another voucher which I'm planning to redeem in East Asia next year. Probably Regent Hong Kong or InterContinental Seoul Parnas - I'll report back.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 9:13 pm
formerly rt23456p

Changsha Intercontinental considers its 60 sqm studio room as the entry-level junior suite, meaning that CSU vouchers are not valid for other proper suites. Meanwhile, Changsha Indigo has practically blocked all CSU vouchers. The Holiday Inn at Changsha Malanshan designates its 70 sqm suite as a junior suite, for which I was able to use CSU vouchers. On the date of arrival, with a phone call to the front desk, I was upgraded to their best 75 sqm suite.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 9:15 pm
formerly rt23456p

Originally Posted by Ezrp
Anyone have experience with using a CSU on a NYC intercontinental property? I believe their suites are excluded from ambassador upgrade. Are they also excluded for CSU purposes?
It's not that they excluded suites from the mandatory 1-level upgrade entitlement; it's the fact that all NYC Intercontinentals played the room ranking system to the extreme. For example, The Barclay has five types of basic-level rooms below suites.
Old Dec 10, 2023, 3:52 am

Programs: IC Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, HH Diamond
My experience with a CSU at the Intercontinental Park Lane London:
In my rewards night upgrade pool for my stay mid December was the following: King Junior Suite, King Junior Suite Mayfair Floor and 1 Bedroom Suite.
I did of course chose the 1 King Junior Suite Mayfair Floor.
Applying the CSU via the Diamond Hotline was easy and done in less than 3 minutes. I got an email that confirmed the King Junior Suite Mayfair Floor.
One week later I noticed that my room had been downgraded by the hotel to a King Premium Mayfair Floor. 2 Days later they changed it to a unrenovated Junior Suite which I didn't want under any circumstances.
Talks with the Diamond Hotline helped me to at least get it back to King Premium Mayfair Floor but they basically told me that the hotel can change the room at their discretion at any time and that corporate got no say in the matter - no matter if you got a confirmation or not. That makes the Confirmed Suite Upgrade pretty much an "Unconfirmed Upgrade to Whatever the hotel chooses".
jpdx, Viennafly, IMH and 4 others like this.
Old Dec 10, 2023, 4:24 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by demue
Thank you, interesting. We shall see.
Just to follow up, I never tried using my CSU on that Oct 4 stay after all. The hotel I was staying in prior to that upgraded me to a suite anyhow just because I was diamond. I extended my stay there and cancelled my previously booked Oct 4 stay (netting about 5k pts per night back to my account) and then got my CSU converted to 5k pts.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 4:15 am

Programs: AY Plat, Marriott Plat
If I have a certificate that expires 31 Dec, does it mean that I have to apply it by 31 Dec (meaning I can stretch it a couple of weeks longer since they can be applied 14 days before subject to availability) or does the stay have to start OR end by 31 Dec? Tried checking the terms and conditions but it's not covered there.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 8:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold; ex JAL JGCP
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Just tried to upgrade a points booking.

Agent tried then said there was some sort of issue - 'technical problem' with the booking and could she call me back

Then I received an email titled ' your updated reservation confirmation' which is identical in all respects to the original booking email.

Agent called me back and said as this was a points + cash booking she can't apply the reward and that was the 'technical issue'

I said this was a full points booking and that I never used points + cash

She couldn't explain it either so I just ended the call.

Anyone had similar experiences?
Almost same happened to me an hour ago. Was told premium rooms cant be upgraded (it was an upgrade from my classic room booking). It didnt cross my mind I got upgraded but as I got offered a 6 months extention I'm not going to push it just yet since I only had a 1 night stay.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.