Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Indigo Venice Sant'Elena Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2022, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Hotel Indigo Venice Sant'Elena Master Thread

What is your IHG One Rewards status?
Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, very much so.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked cheapest rate and received a One King bed Suite Garden View

How are the rooms?
40 sqm.
High ceilings.
Wooden floor.

Very large and comfortable bed.
Pleasant design.

Seating area with sofa.

Desk.
Sockets and usb sockets next to the desk and bed.

Kettle. Segafredo expresso coffee machine.

2 closets
Television with basic selection of international channels.
Chromecast.

Bathroom with walk-in shower
Marie Danielle be One toiletries.
Heated towel rack.
Bathrobes

Very quiet. View over the garden of the hotel.

Perfectly clean and well maintained.
Efficient heating system.

No free PressReader.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A.

What was good and what was bad?
GOOD
Very attentive and smiling staff.
Very good breakfast and restaurant.
Very nice location in a quiet and leafy district, close to the Giardini and Biennale di Venezia.
Free soft drinks in the minibar, including beer.

BAD
Nothing

Value for $ or IHG One Rewards Points? Would you return?
Yes. The hotel is very pleasant.
Definitely a solid and more relax alternative to the traditional luxury properties in Venice.

Exterior

Lobby

Bar restaurant

Garden

Access to the rooms

Suite

Bathroom

Minibar and coffee station

Welcome gift

View from the room

Dining

Breakfast

Last edited by nicolas75; Dec 5, 2022 at 2:41 am
Old Dec 4, 2022, 3:58 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
I stayed here when it was a BestWestern and thought the quiet location and bones of the hotel had potential. Great to see that the refurbishment and conversion into a Hotel Indigo has turned this into a proper gem.
nicolas75 and Ghoulish like this.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 8:48 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Thanks for the review and photos. I've said this before and will say it again: I'm really liking the design direction that IHG is taking Hotel Indigo in, and their newer properties in Europe, the Middle East and Asia are shining examples.

khabah
nicolas75 and FLYGVA like this.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 4:02 pm

Programs: IHG
I stayed here over the last weekend, but unfortunately don’t share Nicolas’ enthusiasm for this property.

A one level upgrade was granted at check-in, but only after prompting, and this was presented as a great favour.

Room far too warm, and air-conditioning is only allowed to heat, and even then, only at certain times. I had to call reception for someone to come to the room to unlock the windows and sign a disclaimer.

Blackout curtains did not close properly, so I had 3 x 1 foot sections of light which was particularly annoying.

Bathroom dated and badly designed, and the poorest quality toiletries I’ve yet seen at an Indigo. Single-ply, almost transparent toilet paper. There’s a lot of cost-cutting.

Restaurant/bar staff were lethargic and unwelcoming. Stood at the bar for 10 minutes without seeing a single staff member. That’s not good enough.

The bar/restaurant is set up like a canteen in a high school. Very strange.

Not convinced of the location. There’s quiet and there’s quiet, but this was like a ghost town.

I really wanted to like this property, but too many annoyances for my liking.
FLYGVA likes this.
Old May 23, 2023, 9:04 pm

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
When I stopped by Hotel Indigo Sant'Elena in February 2023, begining of Carnival, 'ghost town' was my impression of the surrounding area. Few people around in the immediate neighborhood. Wooded park area is nice, but definitely out of the hub of activity for Venice until you walk 10 to 15 minutes. Great location if Venice Biennale events happening.
Old May 24, 2023, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by satori
When I stopped by Hotel Indigo Sant'Elena in February 2023, begining of Carnival, 'ghost town' was my impression of the surrounding area. Few people around in the immediate neighborhood. Wooded park area is nice, but definitely out of the hub of activity for Venice until you walk 10 to 15 minutes. Great location if Venice Biennale events happening.
I must admit that staying in Venice in a quiet area, with beautiful parks in the immediate vicinity, without hordes of tourists, but with a real neighbourhood life, was a luxury for me.

I also enjoyed the beautiful view from Santa Elena Vaporetto station and Remeria Casteo.
Old May 26, 2023, 2:05 pm

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by satori
They market it as some kind of haven in a city of chaos. The reality is, that you’re in the middle of nowhere.

If you are, or are with elderly people then look elsewhere. The frequent transport strikes will leave you stranded.

The hotel itself is pleasant enough, but the staff are very hit and miss.

Poor service in the bar/restaurant in the evening, means you can be stood at the bar, without service for 10 minutes.

Aircon that does not work and cheap room re-modelling, does not make for a good Indigo.

A hugely overrated property, and my unpublished review on IHG said as much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.