Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Hotels and Places to Stay

InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador

Kimpton or InterContinental in Barcelona?

Old Nov 23, 22, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Booking has the same 8.9 rating for both. Which one would you recommend?
Old Nov 24, 22, 4:31 am

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
InterContinental Barcelona: beautifully renovated hotel, with great service, pleasant club lounge and outdoor pool. Parfect for visiting Montjuic and El Poble Sec district (dont miss the superb Laribal gardens (10 minutes walk from the hotel), Mir foundation, CaixaForum and Mies Van Der Rohe Pavilion.

Kimpton Vividora Barcelona: very pleasant design hotel with smiling service, very good breakfast and pleasant (small) rooftop pool. The hotel is located in the historical Gothic district, at walking distance to cathedral, Port Vell, Macba, Passeig de Grcia.

Both hotels are very pleasant.

Your choice may depend on how long you stay, if it is your first time in Barcelona, your IHG One Rewards status (lounge access) and how you want to visit the city (walking, bike, public transport, taxi).
ACR2013 likes this.
Old Nov 24, 22, 5:07 am

I stayed at both hotels in September 2022. The Kimpton is smaller with a more boutique feel and is located more centrally for sightseeing. The Intercontinental looks fantastic as mentioned above and is newly renovated, its also a bit further out from the central areas. The room size is also bigger. I personally preferred the Kimpton due to its location and better service. At the Intercontinental non hotel guests were allowed to use the pool and the surrounding areas which made it crowded & less exclusive. I did not have lounge access at the Intercontinental which may sway your decision but if I were to return my preference would be the Kimpton.
Old Nov 24, 22, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nicolas75 View Post
InterContinental Barcelona: beautifully renovated hotel, with great service, pleasant club lounge and outdoor pool. Parfect for visiting Montjuic and El Poble Sec district (dont miss the superb Laribal gardens (10 minutes walk from the hotel), Mir foundation, CaixaForum and Mies Van Der Rohe Pavilion.

Kimpton Vividora Barcelona: very pleasant design hotel with smiling service, very good breakfast and pleasant (small) rooftop pool. The hotel is located in the historical Gothic district, at walking distance to cathedral, Port Vell, Macba, Passeig de Grcia.

Both hotels are very pleasant.

Your choice may depend on how long you stay, if it is your first time in Barcelona, your IHG One Rewards status (lounge access) and how you want to visit the city (walking, bike, public transport, taxi).
Beautiful pictures, thank you!
It will be my first time in Barcelona, staying 3 nights. I have only Platinum IHG, so no lounge access. I prefer to walk.

Search this Thread